Author Topic: Delegates should pledge to put Bitshares into their signatures on crypto forums  (Read 2479 times)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Oh .. I would actually focus on selling bitUSD and bitGOLD and let me realize on there own that they can also buy bitBTC .. AND get a yield on it too!

It's (IMHO) worth more when your costumers realize the potentials themselves instead of giving them a list of things they can do ..
  +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
An easy marketing move would be to buy sig space from bitcointalk forum users.  It would be a tiny part of marketing, sig space is hardly worth anything, but being so well targeted to crypto it could be worth it from certain non-spammy bitcointalk users?    Maybe MeTHodx can do that as part of his marketing delegate.

Edit: Not sure if its worth it.

I have been suggesting that for quite some time. I think 2-3 BTC a month would do it. If you guys are serious, I can help set it up.

People here are very skeptical of Bitcointalk horde and are easily scared off by a few trolls/naysayers. fact is that is the biggest market, at least for the initial stages.

The main problem is to decide what message we are giving. Is it that BTS is a revolutionary tech which has better properties than Bitcoin? Is it that BitUSD is stable and a good crypto to store as hedge against volatility? Is it BitBTC is as good as BTC but with interest?

Market BitAssets. BitBTC, BitGold, BitUSD, etc.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Oh .. I would actually focus on selling bitUSD and bitGOLD and let me realize on there own that they can also buy bitBTC .. AND get a yield on it too!

It's (IMHO) worth more when your costumers realize the potentials themselves instead of giving them a list of things they can do ..

sumantso

I would focus on the product bitUSD and NOT compare it to BTC .. the features and improvements can speak for themselves: TITAN, 10secs, assets, pegged assets, payed delegates, voting, ...

I agree, trying to get out of the door telling the Bitcoin believers that they suck and to buy ours instead just makes them defensive. Lets sell them BitBTC and BitUSD and see how it goes.

BitBTC should have an easier adoption, we just need several exchanges to accept BitBTC/BTC pairs and we are good to go.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I would focus on the product bitUSD and NOT compare it to BTC .. the features and improvements can speak for themselves: TITAN, 10secs, assets, pegged assets, payed delegates, voting, ...

sumantso

An easy marketing move would be to buy sig space from bitcointalk forum users.  It would be a tiny part of marketing, sig space is hardly worth anything, but being so well targeted to crypto it could be worth it from certain non-spammy bitcointalk users?    Maybe MeTHodx can do that as part of his marketing delegate.

I have been suggesting that for quite some time. I think 2-3 BTC a month would do it. If you guys are serious, I can help set it up.

People here are very skeptical of Bitcointalk horde and are easily scared off by a few trolls/naysayers. fact is that is the biggest market, at least for the initial stages.

The main problem is to decide what message we are giving. Is it that BTS is a revolutionary tech which has better properties than Bitcoin? Is it that BitUSD is stable and a good crypto to store as hedge against volatility? Is it BitBTC is as good as BTC but with interest?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd love to join here .. but my "xeroc" account over at btt has been phished away (first time every) :(

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

If delegates wont market Bitshares who will?

+5% Targeted sig space. Love it. By the way, I registered my delegate a few hours ago (finally had free time today), vote for marketing.methodx

I'll make an "official" post tomorrow.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

If delegates wont market Bitshares who will?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:53:02 pm by matt608 »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
And I'll be first. If I'm elected as a delegate I will change my signatures on every crypto forum to help market Bitshares.

Who else is with me on this? Any member of the community will be able to take their votes back if they see you posting on other forums without the Bitshares advertisement in your sig.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:16:11 pm by luckybit »