Author Topic: Reddit is asking how to airdrop their stock on their community...  (Read 2225 times)

merockstar

This seems like something that someone from the 'official' team should phone them up and present a way to do this using Bitshares, or at the very least create a detailed post on how to do it in the thread.
I see absolutely no way in how to identifiy and drop to INDIVIDUAL redditors ... they need to either have a pubkey/privkey pair (which they don't) ... or they need to be messaged a "redemption coupon" or similar ..

They couldn't fund a bunch of unregistered private keys, and send them to each active (reddit has a lot of throwaways) account?
To do that you would want to collaborate with reddit (the company) .. and if you do collaborate you can figure out a more easy way. I.e. THEY can create the private key for the sharedrop with the scheme
HASH($username:$passwordhash:$dateofregistration)

Though that has the disadvantage that you need to trust reddit to not redeem the drops

alot of people do. it's reddit who is offering to give away 10% of their stock. they posted on their own asking the best way to go about it, so it seems they're open to collaboration. I think Brian should head on over to that thread and start working some charisma.

not sure why reddit would make an offer like that then renege.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This seems like something that someone from the 'official' team should phone them up and present a way to do this using Bitshares, or at the very least create a detailed post on how to do it in the thread.
I see absolutely no way in how to identifiy and drop to INDIVIDUAL redditors ... they need to either have a pubkey/privkey pair (which they don't) ... or they need to be messaged a "redemption coupon" or similar ..

They couldn't fund a bunch of unregistered private keys, and send them to each active (reddit has a lot of throwaways) account?
To do that you would want to collaborate with reddit (the company) .. and if you do collaborate you can figure out a more easy way. I.e. THEY can create the private key for the sharedrop with the scheme
HASH($username:$passwordhash:$dateofregistration)

Though that has the disadvantage that you need to trust reddit to not redeem the drops

merockstar

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Ah yes, I wonder if the VOTE Dapp will have that ability?  I seem to remember BM talking about it as if it could have that capability by having people take a 'selfie' with some ID and having it reference a central database instantly or something... not sure, but if that's in the works Reddit should know about it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd have thought creating a user-issued asset is easiest, as it wouldn't be market pegged to anything.
Yep .. think so too .. you just need to
a) figure out a way to actually DROP them on individual redditors
b) pay transaction fees in BTS for the DROP

Offline matt608

• View Profile
If they sharedrop on reddit karma the internet will transform instantly overnight

There's a brilliant idea for a new BitAsset

What would be the best way? Make a bitAsset, short it to yourself using btsx paid for with the stock money and airdrop it onto reddit?

I'd have thought creating a user-issued asset is easiest, as it wouldn't be market pegged to anything.

merockstar

If they sharedrop on reddit karma the internet will transform instantly overnight

I have a BitShares boner just thinking about it.

What would be the best way? Make a bitAsset, short it to yourself using btsx paid for with the stock money and airdrop it onto reddit?

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:01:32 am by merockstar »