Author Topic: NEW ProtoShares Logo  (Read 16130 times)

Offline superresistant

• View Profile
Re: NEW ProtoShares Logo
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:29 am »
I vote for the old one or try again at a new one . The 3d one is cool but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:15 am »
Looks like we are about half and half on the logo. Next time the community will be more involved rather than just trying to drop in your lap. Was on a time crunch to get the website out, so I moved a little fast on this one.

As for brand, I think the concerns are unfounded. Already dealt with this with Peercoin. A good flashy logo did us wonders. You kinda need something a little unique when it starts show up on the NYT, etc...

you want to redesign logo everytime when an update comes out!? really? Did bitcoin change the logo in past? or any other crypto currency before?
Iam working for a design agency and i can say, thats a *NOGO*. Current protoshare logo is a *little unique* - i don't understand your concerns here. I don't think we need a voting for a new logo. Sry, can't write english very well but hopefully you could understand my approach .

I fully agree with cassiopaia, that's not how you raise brand awareness.

+1
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 08:12:11 am »
Looks like we are about half and half on the logo. Next time the community will be more involved rather than just trying to drop in your lap. Was on a time crunch to get the website out, so I moved a little fast on this one.

As for brand, I think the concerns are unfounded. Already dealt with this with Peercoin. A good flashy logo did us wonders. You kinda need something a little unique when it starts show up on the NYT, etc...

you want to redesign logo everytime when an update comes out!? really? Did bitcoin change the logo in past? or any other crypto currency before?
Iam working for a design agency and i can say, thats a *NOGO*. Current protoshare logo is a *little unique* - i don't understand your concerns here. I don't think we need a voting for a new logo. Sry, can't write english very well but hopefully you could understand my approach .

I fully agree with cassiopaia, that's not how you raise brand awareness.

Offline changpan88

• View Profile

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:36 am »

As for update, it should be updated whenever a new client is out. No special update will be made for the logo. Would the community like to vote on the logo? I have a few more design as well.

What if a world class designer provide a much better logo for ProtoShares 3 months later? Do we update again?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 02:27:32 am »

Super3 what about the similarity with the gamecube logo and legal issues as a result. Would you be able to do a mock-up webpage as in protoshares.net comparing the 2d to the 3d logo?
I like the clean design of the protoshares.net website.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 11:08:29 am »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:01 am »
As for update, it should be updated whenever a new client is out. No special update will be made for the logo. Would the community like to vote on the logo? I have a few more design as well.

Perhaps we could hold a vote on whether or not to change the logo first.

Then maybe a vote on which one is best.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:24:19 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

jernau

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
Here's a side by side comparison with the gamecube logo:

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:40 am »
This was super3 idea

ok yes, but i think we shouldn't concentrate in those task we finished already ...
Thinking quite better idea is to redesign the bitshares icon, cause this is not well readable on small sizes .. and btw it isn't an icon really :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:59:15 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:09 am »
This was super3 idea

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 11:52:11 am »
whats BrianSovryn thinking about!?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 11:45:02 am »
I agree, considering the color scheme did not change it shouldn't affect our designs.  Super3 and Brian are in charge of this decision going forward.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2011/10/03/how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-change-your-companys-logo/

Given the importance of a logo and the expense of executing a chance, you’d expect companies to err on the side of “if it works, don’t fix it”. But there are two types of vested interests that can skew decisionmaking: First, there are still a few marketers out there who define success in terms of revamped marketing communications and branding – and a logo redesign is one of the surest ways to look like you’re making a change.

Hmmm - changing the logo is not just a design decision. The more I think about it, the more I think its a bad idea. I doubt we'll see any direct effect of it, but recognition will suffer and it sends a message of variability and transience. Entirely the wrong message.

iam completly with you Free Trade - and btw the current icons works quite well ... pls scale the icon on this thread here to 16x16 px ... the PTS icon is the best seeable icon on coinmarketsap.com etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
The Logo could only be used as part of a version upgrade, not just a random change of the logo on the same old thing...

Why you wanna change the PTS logo!? Its just clear and effective! I think we have much more other things to do ... and logo change in this period of development, i guess would have a more bad effect then good ...

Offline google

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:12 pm »
beautiful

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 07:44:39 am »
I prefer the original however if you are going to change the lineless 3d.  The first one you posted looked a bit like 'Tetris'.

In off 'crypto world' marketing changing your logo can create a lot of headaches and expense, plus people get used to a logo and like stability.  People trust stability - what are you telling people when you change your logo ...?

How does the new logo look when on printed material etc.  The logo should look good on and off screen.  Is the logo still recognisable in b&w.  How does it look postage stamp size/ A3 etc

Are you creating a brand logo - i.e. are all other 'products' going to follow this logo design in some format or are each of the 'products' going to have different logos.  If the later is the case then I think it may get confusing.

Have you got a brand 'tree' in mind

IMHO - you need a brand logo first then let the other 'product' logos flow from that.  Similar to the idea/images 8bit posted.

Anyhow your choice...

kw

PS does this mean you are going to upgrade the wallet - qt with the new logo - please don't I had soooo much trouble syncing it -

Offline mitao

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 07:26:57 am »
Changing logo might be the worst idea so far...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 06:26:24 am »
The Logo could only be used as part of a version upgrade, not just a random change of the logo on the same old thing...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:55 am »
I agree, considering the color scheme did not change it shouldn't affect our designs.  Super3 and Brian are in charge of this decision going forward.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2011/10/03/how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-change-your-companys-logo/

Given the importance of a logo and the expense of executing a chance, you’d expect companies to err on the side of “if it works, don’t fix it”. But there are two types of vested interests that can skew decisionmaking: First, there are still a few marketers out there who define success in terms of revamped marketing communications and branding – and a logo redesign is one of the surest ways to look like you’re making a change.

Hmmm - changing the logo is not just a design decision. The more I think about it, the more I think its a bad idea. I doubt we'll see any direct effect of it, but recognition will suffer and it sends a message of variability and transience. Entirely the wrong message.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:10:49 am by FreeTrade »
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:23 am »
my vote is for the line less 3d. Also the sample page looks professional and inviting
Great work super3

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »
The old one looks OK. And I think it's not a good idea to change the icon since Pts has been pulished. It will confuse people.
We had to do this for Peercoin, and didn't encounter any major problems.

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:42 pm »
The 3D one looks better. But the old one is easy to remember.

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 02:03:40 pm »
The old one looks OK. And I think it's not a good idea to change the icon since Pts has been pulished. It will confuse people.

Offline gmosx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:24 pm »
I like the lineless logo.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 03:56:44 am »
I went ahead and flattened the 3D logo completely, and added a bunch of color swaps. I like the blue for protoshares, but it might make sense to have bitshares be in another color?:

Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »
The first one looks a little too q-bert for me  :o

I do like the 3d lineless version, very cool!
You could mirror it horizontally for the b in the new Bitshares logo too.
Now having the p and b logos that were mirrored would look slick!

Neat idea. I prefer the lineless logo. Possibilities to turn it into an optical illusion: http://michaelbach.de/ot/sze_missCornerCube/index.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:09:00 pm by pgbit »

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 08:39:46 pm »
I like the lineless one as well!
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 04:31:36 pm »
I think stability is a cardinal virtue at this stage in the game - the less that changes, the better, including the logo. Unless there's an overriding reason to change it, I'd leave it as it is.

Spot on! If it aint broken dont fix it..

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 01:49:19 pm »
I think stability is a cardinal virtue at this stage in the game - the less that changes, the better, including the logo. Unless there's an overriding reason to change it, I'd leave it as it is.

Spot on! If it aint broken dont fix it..

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:08 am »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 05:27:11 am »

anyone reminded of the logo of Nintendo GameCube?
Yup haha after you mentioned it, it's all I see now

I had to lookup the Game cube logo... similar idea..  :o

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 05:24:41 am »

Yup haha after you mentioned it, it's all I see now

Offline mmiaow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 05:21:41 am »

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 01:34:39 am »

It's awesome! BUt I prefer the lineless version... It's kinda... Sexy!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:40:41 am by robozombie »
Robozombie

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 12:56:49 am »
The first one looks a little too q-bert for me  :o

I do like the 3d lineless version, very cool!
You could mirror it horizontally for the b in the new Bitshares logo too.
Now having the p and b logos that were mirrored would look slick!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:06:07 am by gnarl »

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:48 pm »
Not that I really care because I'm not a huge visual person (I can play text based games and have way more fun then crap like COD) I think the 2d is confusing. I see a "P" & "D". What is the D for? ProtoDares?
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »
simple 2D is better than the lined 3D Version.  the 3D version without lines is sexy.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 03:45:58 pm »
I prefer the simple 2d too.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »
I prefer the original too, but maybe because I had a hand in choosing it. This one does look very similar to the well known gamecube logo.

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 11:35:45 am »
Better the original
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 09:48:33 am »
I actually think this logo looks pretty cool especially when expressed in super3's example. The blocks forming the cube is a good visual metaphor.
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline testz

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:14 am »

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 08:48:40 am »
Lineless 3D looks better!

Offline grubles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 08:15:37 am »
Gamecube for the win!

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 07:38:18 am »
Prototype of the website with the lineless logo:

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:13:22 am »
Good idea, but the 2D logo looks better (simple, clean).

Offline dacer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:10:28 am »
I much prefer the original. It looks iconic; simple and effective. Very easy to spot standing out from the rest on beter.com for example.

On the topic of marketing, Ive briefly mentioned to Stan the pruchase of bitshares dot com. Allegedly it wasnt available for sale originally however I've talked to the domain owner and he is willing to sell.
pm me to discuss further. I have no vested interest aside from my investment in PTS or i would have purchased it myself. Perhaps a fundraising exercise between Keyhotee ID holders would be lucrative in other to secure the website?

I second it. 3D icons are not as good in general.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 07:07:03 am »
Yep, much preferred the original logo
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:25 am »
Or probably u can make the new logo 2D. because thats more modern..

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:49 am »
the original. It looks iconic; simple and effective. Very easy to spot standing out from the rest on beter.com for example.

true that! :D

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 06:03:07 am »
I much prefer the original. It looks iconic; simple and effective. Very easy to spot standing out from the rest on beter.com for example.

On the topic of marketing, Ive briefly mentioned to Stan the pruchase of bitshares dot com. Allegedly it wasnt available for sale originally however I've talked to the domain owner and he is willing to sell.
pm me to discuss further. I have no vested interest aside from my investment in PTS or i would have purchased it myself. Perhaps a fundraising exercise between Keyhotee ID holders would be lucrative in other to secure the website?

Offline bytemaster

NEW ProtoShares Logo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:33 am »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:57:22 am by bytemaster »