Author Topic: BitSILVER  (Read 2111 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Ah, OK. Is there anything a simple user can do to assist in getting more delegates?

Apologies, but i'm new here and still  learning what Bitshares is all about.

M

You could research which delegates are publishing bitsilver price feeds and which arent.  Then vote for those that are, using the voting power of your bitshares.
The 101 delegates that get the most votes are the ones that count, so we need 51 of those to publish price feeds for bitsilver.

Note that in order for the market to work WELL, we also need a lot more liquidity.  That means more we need more people using bitshares in general.

Thank you Ander i just did exactly that and VOTED.
Appreciate everyone taking the time to reply.

Mike

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

No worries mate - there is a lot here to take in ;D

Offline Markus

• View Profile
[...] There also needs be enough market depth to start the trading as well.
This one is outdated - no more market depth requirement, only 51 feeds.

Check out this site to see who is providing your favorite feeds. Activate the tick in the lower right-hand corner
http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=SILVER

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Ah, OK. Is there anything a simple user can do to assist in getting more delegates?

M

You could research which delegates are publishing bitsilver price feeds and which arent.  Then vote for those that are, using the voting power of your bitshares.
The 101 delegates that get the most votes are the ones that count, so we need 51 of those to publish price feeds for bitsilver.

Note that in order for the market to work WELL, we also need a lot more liquidity.  That means more we need more people using bitshares in general.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

The system has 101 active delegates and hundreds of standby delegates. It is up to the active ones to provide price feeds, which is one of their duties as a delegate. The community needs to demand delegates perform this responsibility. For instance, delegates not providing price feeds for bitSILVER should be voted out and standby delegates who are providing a bitSILVER feed should be voted in.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

M

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
There are currently only 28 feeds for bitsilver and there need to be 51.  We need more delegates to provide feeds.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

For the market to launch, there needs to be a certain number of delegates providing price feeds. I think it is a minimum of 51 out of the 101 active delegates. There also needs be enough market depth to start the trading as well.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Does anyone know why we cant purchase BitSILVER? It says insufficient feeds, so does that mean nobody is selling?

Thanks
M