Author Topic: Debit Card/Mobile/Ripple  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
1. I'm not sure if BitShares are already working on this or not, but Ripple have a SHIFT card that allows you to spend other digital currencies, gold, and USD. Does anyone know if we are planning on some type of debit card? - would be nice if you plan on saving in BitShares.

Hi Mike,

Yes, this is one of the main marketing things that Bytemaster has talked about in the mumble sessions.
I dont know that its a sure thing yet, but its definitely something that a lot of work has been done on.   

2. So Bitshares is a downloadable app to install, is there any plans to make it available from a phone and/or a website? If i'm at work, it isn't always an option to install software. Thats the one nice thing about ripple - i can login, buy gold and logout in 30 seconds. Simple.

Yes, a lite client to allow this is currently the top dev priority.  Bytemaster also talked a lot about this in the most recent mumble recording.

These are both things we will probably be seeing within a couple months, once the 1.0 release is ready, and the marketing campaign that is waiting on the 1.0 release rolls out.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
1. I'm not sure if BitShares are already working on this or not, but Ripple have a SHIFT card that allows you to spend other digital currencies, gold, and USD. Does anyone know if we are planning on some type of debit card? - would be nice if you plan on saving in BitShares.

2. So Bitshares is a downloadable app to install, is there any plans to make it available from a phone and/or a website? If i'm at work, it isn't always an option to install software. Thats the one nice thing about ripple - i can login, buy gold and logout in 30 seconds. Simple.

Thanks
Michael