Author Topic: $500 Bounty - Invictus Innovations Logo & Website Theme  (Read 27642 times)

Offline bytemaster

Here is my first attempt for a logo/theme for ProtoShares.. Give me some feedback - http://www.imm.io/1m9hR

I do not think it would scale down well. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I am finally home with a working internet connection and am just getting caught up on everything that has gone on.  First of all I would like to thank Super3 for fronting some money for this Bounty while I was traveling without access to my BTC.   I would like to thank Amazon for breaking up the resulting fight.   

This is a very difficult situation because there was misunderstanding on both sides and apparently there was not a meeting of the minds.  I want to be fair to everyone and the mission of what we are doing is more important than any one of us because how this plays out affects not just Jan, but also everyone who holds PTS and cares about BitShares.   So here is my perspective and how I am going to handle it. 

I believe firmly that absent a clear meeting of the minds that people should still receive value for value.  In this case we have Jan stating that the 'value' of his work is:

"- usual price for sceendesign with logo is about 1000$-1500$

At the time he said this BTC was around $200 so 5 BTC is what I would have paid out based upon this:

Note:  This bounty is only for the look & feel of the website, not for the CSS / application of the style.  The logo is a part of this deliverable and should be its own image.

Bounty to be paid in BTC using BitStamp price at time of payment.

So we have established a meeting of the mind on the value of the work as being about $1000.    The 'dispute' is about who gets to keep the gains from BTC's price appreciation, but there is a reason we quoted the bounty in dollars and that is because Invictus does our budget based upon dollars and not BTC.  We use BTC as a payment vehicle but not as a pricing system.    As a result neither Jan nor Invictus realized the $4000 gain that would have resulted.   The cost of this misunderstanding would equal an entire developer-month of C++ work on BitShares and Keyhotee and my conclusion is that such a cost to the development of BitShares and Keyhotee just to grant Jan a something-for-nothing gain is not in the best interest of the PTS community.     

Jan's submission was only half complete (No logo that we accepted) and the half that was produced was half-copied from another submitter.   The truth is that we opted to combine elements from both submissions in a unique design that should actually belong entirely to Super3 based upon Jan's logic that his copied design should be considered an original.   

I also firmly believe that had there been a general understanding that the bounty was worth $5000 that many other designers would have produced superior entries.  If Jan really wants to hold us to the 5 BTC technicality then it would only be fair to give others an opportunity compete based upon that new understanding as well.  In such a case I doubt Jan would win.  My conclusion is that everyone but Jan was operating under the impression that this bounty was less than $1000 in value and several others have stated that $500 was more than fair.

Super3 was delegated authority to judge this competition and select the best.  As he is a 3rd party who's interest in the outcome is the same as any holder of PTS I am going to stand by his judgment.  I even kicked in extra funds so that both submissions got more than 50% at Super3's request because he felt it would be more fair.   

If you are not happy with the decision of Super3, then we can return your design elements like you returned Super3's money.   In the future I would tend to be more sympathetic toward your position if you had granted me the same sympathy and understanding instead of airing your accusations and demands in public while you knew I was traveling.   

Super3's decision stands.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Break

Both of you please calm down, grab a beer and have some rest.

I am locking this topic until bytemaster come back to forum.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline jeff777

• View Profile
Here is my first attempt for a logo/theme for ProtoShares.. Give me some feedback - http://www.imm.io/1m9hR

Offline jan

• View Profile
I paid you out of my personal wallet, just to help expedite things while everyone is still flying back. So if you don't want to show me the amount of patience and respect that I'm trying to show you, don't expect it from me any longer.

https://blockchain.info/address/1DcLycgwCP3xUaneiG9bmmyiP8SFPRNagN

paid back the amount you paid me out of your personal wallet!
bounty still unpaid

1DasXriNEw3Q3MaZL7GesTh9nyQbRxDDnb

Pls pay bounty amount as you promise before, i must go to bed know ... we'll see tomorrow
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:12:49 am by jan »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline jan

• View Profile
This topic clearly says $500, and now you want $2000+. Suddenly I'm the bad guy because I just want to double check with Bytemaster first?

I paid you out of my personal wallet, just to help expedite things while everyone is still flying back. So if you don't want to show me the amount of patience and respect that I'm trying to show you, don't expect it from me any longer.

i showed patience since days of getting no repsonse! just a little PM - all fine ... but no

Offline super3

• View Profile
This topic clearly says $500, and now you want $2000+. Suddenly I'm the bad guy because I just want to double check with Bytemaster first?

Offline jan

• View Profile
iam angry about this bounty practise here! Sry but its not a fair game ! I have done a lots of work the past weeks! I sent 2 submissions which takes me a couple of days to design... i want to do the best for Invictus to get unique suit for their business!

Ok I will up the bounty to 5btc.

Now,  i get for this not like byte posted in OP (bounty up to 5BTC), but 0.313 btc for my work!
But i should get 2.5 plus 5% as super3 said on one of those posts.

I think we will end up splitting the bounty between both parties because we will be combining elements from both.   Super3 will provide more details.

Then byte decided to split the bounty its ok but when you split the bounty pls pay me 2.5 BTC plus 5% bump

You both will receive 50% of the bounty, plus a 5% bump for each. We love both of your designs and probably incorporate features from both. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. You both have proved yourself quite capable, and I may contact you both later for some later mockups that we will need for further projects.

Please provide the source files, and a BTC address for payment.

I wrote super3 before and asked him to pay me the rest, i got this answer

In the bounty thread it says: "Bounty to be paid in BTC using BitStamp price at time of payment."

Woah - really - that is the way you want to go - fair - you think!?
When you wanna be honest then pay me the rest of the bounty...

next PM i got then

Ok you can return BTC to 1DcLycgwCP3xUaneiG9bmmyiP8SFPRNagN

I'll talk to Bytemaster, and see what he wants to do. The topic says $500, so if he wants to honor that other post then he will pay that bounty.

Why i should resent it now? He said this in post before ! The title older then the post with up to 5BTC!

so if he wants to honor that other post then he will pay that bounty.

You can start a bounty and then after it ends decide to not pay for it!!!!!

Come on guys be honest and play fair! It isn't a good publicty for Invictus here...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:04:17 am by jan »

Offline jan

• View Profile

Offline que23

• View Profile
For a good professional website even 5 BTC is a little low. Here is what I did for Peercoin: http://peercoin.net/
Are you looking for something along those lines?

Yes, that kind of quality, though I don't like some of the textures there.

But that video sure was nice.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline jeff777

• View Profile
I will do it for $500! No worries! I will get back to you in 3 days with the product! Where can I email the finished product? You can pay me in PTS.

Offline jan

• View Profile
bounty isn't paid till now! Any update on this !? Have sent the source files, pls transfer the btc
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:30:06 pm by jan »

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Should update the thread title to reflect the bounty being paid...
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
contest is over i guess. contest duration was 11-1 - 12-1
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:51:53 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Amazingdom

• View Profile
Are you guys still taking submissions for the website. I just came across this contest.