Author Topic: First ecommerce bitshares cart plugin dev cycle complete  (Read 52885 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Check out http://www.bitsharesdemo.com/presta

I've added bitshares login to prestashop... cool to be able to link existing account to a bitshares id... or change the login aswell.. ie: I already made an account I can link it to my bitshares ID after the fact, or change my bitshares login ID later on too.

Please try it out and let me know if there are any issues.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Checkout the drupal7 demo ive added bitshares login!
http://www.bitsharesdemo.com/drupal7/

That's cool but if it's possible to test for protocol beforehand that might be better than user stumbling into an error such as:
The address wasn't understood
Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (bts) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.
You might need to install other software to open this address.

I'm on Linux, perhaps BitShares creates a protocol link in Windohs+?

I dont think linux gui is supported right now.. u hVe to ask bts devs why the handler isnt installed on linux...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

That's cool but if it's possible to test for protocol beforehand that might be better than user stumbling into an error such as:
Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (bts) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

Yes it works in windows.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline davidpbrown

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:29:00 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Working on adding bitshares login to drupal 7 via updating login radius plugin... it has all the bells and whistles built-in which we can leverage.

I also have my delegate uptodate and running: please vote:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12027.msg180385#msg180385

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Bitshares login can auto create account on cart.  We will add ability to share shipping address automatically from wallet.
How will it share this address? For some systems i need to specify valid addresses like zipcodes etc to be able to create the account in the shopping cart. If the address is encrypted then im guessing its not given to the shopping cart but the vendor would have to open up the wallet transaction manually to see the address in the bitshares client?

When the BitShares login process makes the POST request to complete the handshake it will provide the information to the site *if* this site asked for it.
How will it ask for it? Using the Authenticated token? How other social logins work is they make subsequent requests with the token that they are given.

I guess it can provide it as part of the handshake response given a flag for user profile.. alsothe wallet should give an option of not providing the profile info even if the site asks for it. This shoukd be part of the initial request when wallet asks if it wants authenticate with requesting site..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:03:24 am by jsidhu »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

If you checkout annonymously... tough you can't see your order status (I think this is just how it works and what customers would expect?). You should login first and then checkout if you want persistence on your part of seeing the orders.

Well you can set a cookie that indexes back to the order ?   So as long as they don't clear their cookies or you clear the link then ok.

When they "pay" you know the account that made the payment so you can always pair it back up.

Not sure because if they checkout in anon mode its not associated with any user... and if you login thereafter the order is not associated even though the account names that paid/logged in match.... Not sure how hard that is because each system will be different with different database designs and db key constraints, can you reassociate anon orders based on creating an account? dunno

When they "pay" in anon mode, you should create an account for the user that paid (ie: the from field in the memo) and associate the order with that new account.
That goes back to what I was talking about earlier, now they will have no way to relog back in to see their order status once they go away and come back... they dont know their pw... only way to re log back in is to go through the payment gateway again... ugly.. there should be a separation of concerns because if they are already logged in it doesn't create an account for you...

Only way is if you have another button to allow them to login via bitshares... but because there is no seperation of concerns you have a case where you would have the payment gateway autocreate/login for you and then no way to login because this shopping cart is so simple that you can't hook in these oauth login plugins or a system like ecwid which is a hosted shopping cart that uses authorize .net to post order data back and forth and a limited API to talk to the cart.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:19:35 pm by jsidhu »

Offline bytemaster

If you checkout annonymously... tough you can't see your order status (I think this is just how it works and what customers would expect?). You should login first and then checkout if you want persistence on your part of seeing the orders.

Well you can set a cookie that indexes back to the order ?   So as long as they don't clear their cookies or you clear the link then ok.

When they "pay" you know the account that made the payment so you can always pair it back up.

Not sure because if they checkout in anon mode its not associated with any user... and if you login thereafter the order is not associated even though the account names that paid/logged in match.... Not sure how hard that is because each system will be different with different database designs and db key constraints, can you reassociate anon orders based on creating an account? dunno

When they "pay" in anon mode, you should create an account for the user that paid (ie: the from field in the memo) and associate the order with that new account. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Generate a cookie based on the order via account name or something? But the cookie's may be generated in an ad hoc way like for example opencart generates this "PHPSESSID=8ps5q4gv3ej12p8bt2m1ovt6u2; language=en; currency=USD" once you login.. how would you regenerate that from the order details? THere is nothing out there like this so no design to go off of but I guess if paypal allowed you to login via paypal woudl they create an account for you if you did an anon checkout but paid via paypal method?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:01:27 pm by jsidhu »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.