Author Topic: First ecommerce bitshares cart plugin dev cycle complete  (Read 52877 times)

Offline bytemaster

Terrific work. Thanks, man.
No need to thank me I am just taking the opportunity to earn cheap BTS while I can... Its the community that is to be thanked.. The more focused we are at our jobs(what we are good at) and helping others the more satisfaction we will all see be it financial or just being involved in something that makes the world better...

Have you thought about running a delegate?

I was pushing for 100% delegate. Between the plug-ins and availability to work with OpenBazaar, it should be more than enough.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=post;quote=157693;topic=11840.30

BM is covering me for the 11 plugins... and then I can work as a delegate going forward. However it does seem to be a high priority to do OpenBazaar so I can do it on the side... I also work 9-5PST as a software developer, so I can only spend some time, juggling between plugins/openbazaar/work/home.

Tonight I will register myself and pay the fee... I will get back to you guys and maybe do a quick time estimate on the OpenBazaar thing by looking at the source.

Don't do Open Bizzar, we are going to have our own marketplace built into BTS and could use your help implementing that.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
No need to thank me I am just taking the opportunity to earn cheap BTS while I can... Its the community that is to be thanked.. The more focused we are at our jobs(what we are good at) and helping others the more satisfaction we will all see be it financial or just being involved in something that makes the world better...

I was pushing for 100% delegate. Between the plug-ins and availability to work with OpenBazaar, it should be more than enough.

BM is covering me for the 11 plugins... and then I can work as a delegate going forward. However it does seem to be a high priority to do OpenBazaar so I can do it on the side... I also work 9-5PST as a software developer, so I can only spend some time, juggling between plugins/openbazaar/work/home.

Tonight I will register myself and pay the fee... I will get back to you guys and maybe do a quick time estimate on the OpenBazaar thing by looking at the source.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:05:05 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fuzzy

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think you can unlock for 3 years by: unlock 99999999

thats what I did thnx but i didnt like that solution so i opened an issue

I was closing the wallet after reading txs which locked wallet again
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:15:24 pm by jsidhu »

Offline GaltReport

I think you can unlock for 3 years by: unlock 99999999

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
That's not a bug but intentional I think, it's always been like that. The wallet only scans for transactions when it's open and unlocked. Someone else will have to explain the reasoning for it being that way though.
The reason for it is TITAN .. if you used non-TITAN transactions .. you could update your history without unlocking the wallet ..
with TITAN you need the owner private key to derive the stealth address's private key .. thus unlocking is required ..
does the gui use titan by default? I didnt turn it on..

but i cant control what people will use so its ok.. I hope its fixed with the mail system going fwd.. anyways the cart works now..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
That's not a bug but intentional I think, it's always been like that. The wallet only scans for transactions when it's open and unlocked. Someone else will have to explain the reasoning for it being that way though.
The reason for it is TITAN .. if you used non-TITAN transactions .. you could update your history without unlocking the wallet ..
with TITAN you need the owner private key to derive the stealth address's private key .. thus unlocking is required ..

Offline svk

Hey guys,

please test it out.. there seems to be a bug in bitshares https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1086

but I got around it by unlocking my wallet for a long period.. so now updates are happening every 10 mins.. so your orders are being processed etc... this is pretty much a finalized product and if we are happy with it, I can start integrating the rest.

Since I am running in "demo" mode you can send any asset and it will count 1:1 towards the price of the product ie: bts for USD products... I will refund any coins given to me after a few days of testing. Just choose some products with low amount, make some payments and see the order history.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey guys,

please test it out.. there seems to be a bug in bitshares https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1086

but I got around it by unlocking my wallet for a long period.. so now updates are happening every 10 mins.. so your orders are being processed etc... this is pretty much a finalized product and if we are happy with it, I can start integrating the rest.

Since I am running in "demo" mode you can send any asset and it will count 1:1 towards the price of the product ie: bts for USD products... I will refund any coins given to me after a few days of testing. Just choose some products with low amount, make some payments and see the order history.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Fantastic.

If you had a 100% delegate, could Open Bazaar be something you could also handle?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11567.msg152455#msg152455
Sure..
jsidhu for 100% delegate  :)

100% delegate.  If you're working through the thread, take a few minutes to test the work Jsidhu has posted in OP.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile