Author Topic: Why I learned to Stop Worrying and Love Sparkle  (Read 8658 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
They honor the socl consensus .. so they deserve our support ..
They will get my support ..

+5%
+5% +5% Agreed, I will fully support all ventures that fully honor AGS/PTS.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

The closer you group the sparkles, the cooler it looks:

Organized centralization looks cool, random decentralization is boring.

LOL - That particular group of sparkles is decentralizing at about 1500 km/sec.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
FYI, real mining for Sparkle is live now on the test network.  Test blocks will be honored!
Awesome! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

At block 101 and counting...

Offline Riverhead

FYI, real mining for Sparkle is live now on the test network.  Test blocks will be honored!
Awesome! Congrats.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Thanks for giving the PTS back, nobody put a gun to your head for you to do that.  You could have just as easily dumped them on the open market, bought The Bitmobile and went on a marketing tour to promote your latest BitSparkle, and it all would have been perfectly legal.

Everyone won with the pts return. Some were saved millions.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The problem is withdrawing them back to your PTS wallet, right now I think it's about a block a day!

Where is the new PTS being discussed?

http://pts.cubeconnex.com/

chryspano

Using the Nov 5th snapshot for something new like Sparkles has the following bad consequences:

Everybody who sold PTS to somebody else after the 5th gets your new shares
even though they sold their rights to them, and
everybody who bought PTS in good faith for rights to those shares is cheated.

PTS has no trading value if developers don't honor the current owners at the time a new genesis block is defined.

This is particularly bad right now, since we recently returned PTS to their donors.
If you use Nov 5th, Invictus gets Sparkle shares instead of all those loyal supporters you are seeking.

Think of the howls of protest when that gets out!

:)

+5% +5% +5%

Those that still hold  PTS should be rewarded not those that sold/dumped

Offline bytemaster

since we recently returned PTS to their donors.
If you use Nov 5th, Invictus gets Sparkle shares instead of all those loyal supporters you are seeking.

Actually, you deserve the sparkles more than we do, so fair is fair

You guys invented Sparkle after all

Well it will help us significantly from an accounting perspective if we don't have all of those Sparks on our books.  Might start a fire you know.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
People have asked me to announce a snapshot date for PTS other than November 5th.    I cannot find a snapshot generator that use to be hosted at genesis.bitshares.org so can someone point me to the new PTS forum so that I can ask them to produce the snapshot for me?

I will do the snapshot on December 14th, the anniversary of the American Revolution:

The first military encounter of the American Revolution occurred, when on the report of news carried by Paul Revere that the British intended to station a garrison at Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Major John Sullivan led a band of militia to Fort William and Mary, broke into its arsenal, and carried off arms and ammunition, 1774

If I cannot get a snapshot produced by the PTS community then I will use Nov 5th PTS snapshot.
I will generate the BTS snapshot on December 14th.
AGS is what it is.

Help spread the word!

http://ptsags.quisquis.de/

Great!

Using the Nov 5th snapshot for something new like Sparkles has the following bad consequences:

Everybody who sold PTS to somebody else after the 5th gets your new shares
even though they sold their rights to them, and
everybody who bought PTS in good faith for rights to those shares is cheated.

PTS has no trading value if developers don't honor the current owners at the time a new genesis block is defined.

This is particularly bad right now, since we recently returned PTS to their donors.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=1.0

81655 is the present block count. It is MANY hours between blocks because very few people seem to be mining PTS at present.

I'm at 81660 now, not sure if that is current though.

I read somewhere that they setup a new forum to discuss an upgrade to PTS

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
The problem is withdrawing them back to your PTS wallet, right now I think it's about a block a day!

Where is the new PTS being discussed?

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Any prediction on PTS price movements?

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
People have asked me to announce a snapshot date for PTS other than November 5th.    I cannot find a snapshot generator that use to be hosted at genesis.bitshares.org so can someone point me to the new PTS forum so that I can ask them to produce the snapshot for me?

I will do the snapshot on December 14th, the anniversary of the American Revolution:

The first military encounter of the American Revolution occurred, when on the report of news carried by Paul Revere that the British intended to station a garrison at Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Major John Sullivan led a band of militia to Fort William and Mary, broke into its arsenal, and carried off arms and ammunition, 1774

If I cannot get a snapshot produced by the PTS community then I will use Nov 5th PTS snapshot.
AGS is what it is.

Help spread the word!

Great! 

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

AGS is what it is.

Help spread the word!

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.