Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 53194 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I support Matt because he's proven himself very clever and action oriented. To solve the issue of him not being from Argentina himself, I would suggest getting other Argentinians on board as "advisors" at least. As a delegate, he should simply be expected to delegate funds to the appropriate people from Argentina.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Just forwarding some info from the Chinese community .

They love the guy who was doing the mobile wallet .
And he also runs a local crypto platform in Argentina .

Also , your proposal states that nearly all of the spending are dedicated to Argentina promoting .
So , is it possible to team up with him and apply for one delegate ? (big percentage income for him to continue the wallet and get things done there )

Since he already got the advantage , I think he would be more suitable than anyone you're working with in Argentina . (you need more than translator , you need people on the field ) .

I've contacted him and waiting to hear more.  I agree a partnership would be great.  I wasn't aware he wanted a delegate position, I thought he was making the wallet for the benefit of Latincoin.com + Argentinian people.  What this great development tells me is this Argentinian focused campaign is needed more urgently than I expected.  I need to get voted in immediately to have funds to develop the bitUSD portal, otherwise there wont be anything to promote.

experience tells me a site like Latincoin.com is the best candidate to work with since they know how things are actually in there (living in it and doing business in it are two different thing ) .

Definitely.  I would be happy to see latincoin with a 100% delegate for developing bitUSD walelts etc and myself for funding marketing with consultation with latincoin.  Its one of the important bitUSD markets, 2 100% pay delegates are still not enough.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Also , your proposal states that nearly all of the spending are dedicated to Argentina promoting .
So , is it possible to team up with him and apply for one delegate ? (big percentage income for him to continue the wallet and get things done there )

Since he already got the advantage , I think he would be more suitable than anyone you're working with in Argentina . (you need more than translator , you need people on the field ) .

I've contacted him and waiting to hear more.  I agree a partnership would be great.  I wasn't aware he wanted a delegate position, I thought he was making the wallet for the benefit of Latincoin.com + Argentinian people.  What this great development tells me is this Argentinian focused campaign is needed more urgently than I expected.  I need to get voted in immediately to have funds to develop the bitUSD portal, otherwise there wont be anything to promote.

experience tells me a site like Latincoin.com is the best candidate to work with since they know how things are actually in there (living in it and doing business in it are two different thing ) .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
what happend to "marketing.matt608" ?

I changed it to be more specific as the majority of my funds will be spent on the Argentine market (bitUSD portal creation + advertising campaign).  Time wise i'll be contributing directly to western marketing and then re-cycleing whatever content I can to target Argentina.  It's a case of a job that needs doing and getting the money allocated to the right people to get the job done. Once bitusd.com.ar is ready most funds will go to the Argentine ad budget, getting eyeballs to the page.  Once enough people have started using bitUSD it will go viral. 

It will be a team effort.  Think of me as project organiser. 

MeTHoDx's advertising expertise is globally applicable and I will make good use of it.  Cass's design skills will make the portal attractive.  Matador123 as translator (will hear from him soon) and market researcher will help MeTHoDx and I target the ad campaign and will help me target media outlets for content publication.  Various community members can help with creating the bitUSD video.    Communication with local bitcoin exchanges to broker partnerships can be done from where I am sitting.  It's worth the extra effort to get to this market because the conversion rate will be so much higher.

That was a very long answer to a very short question, hopefully useful to deliberating voters. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Alright my delegate is now live!  Please vote for argentina-marketing.matt608 as soon as you can!
Lets bring bitUSD to this hungry market.

A big thanks to Riverhead for walking me though on IM to get this set up.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:42:31 pm by matt608 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
FYI :)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11902.msg156761#msg156761

Maybe an WIN-WIN !? :)

Yeah I just saw that!  Looks like my delegate proposition is needed sooner than expected!  Just getting things set up and should be up and running tomorrow.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline matt608

• View Profile
donkypong thanks for the useful feedback.

I have a great new addition to my campaign:  Regular audio ads for Bitshares.

donkypong asked what passion I would bring.  Well, Besides from Bitshares, making music is what I love doing.  I play the guitar + piano and bass and have production skills with mics at the ready.  The fatigue syndrome I mentioned prevents me from having the stamina needed to produce full length songs, so I've amassed a pile of what would make great backing tracks to use in audio ads, with just a couple of guitars or a guitar and drums and bass, plus the backing tracks can be re-used and just the talk over the top changed.

I have made 1 ad already and it will air on Wednesday on the popular Beyond bitcoin podcast: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/category/beyond-bitcoin

I can keep doing this and sponsor every show.  I can make them for other radio stations too, customised for each audience.

This will be part of my regular contribution to Bitshares!  I've edited the OP to include this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:17:44 am by matt608 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I like your plans of marketing, they seem very promising.

Methox is running a 100% payrate delegate, and it seems Methox has planned a lot of promoting activities, but he is still in the stage of ability proving, instead of results enjoying.  So I doubt the community would agree to support two "unconfirmed" marketing teams at the same time, given the overlaps of your plan with Methox's.

Why don't you join his team first, and prove your ability there. What you asked (200USD per month) is just a small portion of Methox's income, I think he will welcome you. If in future, we really need more marketing teams, you may start a new team by then.

Thanks for the comments ripplexiaoshan, the thing is I'm not doing it for the 200 bitUSD, I'm doing this because I think it needs doing. 

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Matt608, I'm encouraged by your answers. I'm thrilled that you're doing some marketing work for BitShares; I'm still not quite convinced on this 100% delegate.

The 3-month plan sounds good on paper, because none of us can foresee what the needs will be at that point. Flexibility is wise. Nevertheless, I'd like to see what you are interested in + capable of doing beyond that three month period. The reason is that once you're in as a delegate, 100% is a high rate, and I think we'll be "stuck with you" (for better or for worse!) for longer than that. This BitShares delegate voting system is not nimble enough to turn on a dime and get rid of an incumbent delegate who is not performing. So as a buyer, I want to know how you are justifying that 100% pay rate, not only for the next three months, but beyond. If I'm going to support you, I'd like to maintain that support for more than a few months.

We only have one marketing delegate. He was just voted in. That 100% delegate was a stretch for many people in the community. Personally, I'd support a dozen marketing delegates or more if I think they bring adequate value. And I'm close to supporting you, but I need to know more about what you're capable of delivering. The "hired by the blockchain" posting was very high quality and I'm sure that has brought you some more support from this community...justifiably so.

If you want to get enough votes as a delegate, I'd suggest you cover some more possible ideas for what you could or would do. Again, the flexibility beyond three months is an honest approach. But a lot of people will look at this and think, okay, so we vote in another 100% delegate, and this guy's going to write us some articles + somehow focus on Argentina, but the latter only once his delegate fee is paid off, which won't be for several months. What ELSE would you do? What passion would you bring? I see solid dedication in your postings and I think your idea of taking just $200 a month is very selfless to begin with.

Here's what you're being compared to (or compared against). Methodx came in here and started posting comment after comment of what he thought BitShares should do. What the marketing folks weren't doing and what he believed BitShares needed YESTERDAY. How he had experience with startups and the marketing followed a certain plan of progression for increasing name recognition and lighting a spark, etc. Over time, I think everyone reading his material became pretty convinced this guy knew his stuff and could be a big help. Methodx was a 'thorn' in I3's side for months, yet he was respectful and deferential, never the pompous sort of high tech-promoting marketing airbag (we all know that sort), always positive about BitShares, recognizing that the BitShares marketing team was forced to wait for a functional client before hitting the trigger on their plans, etc., even while pointing out what could be done better as far as selling it. Go back and look at his posts; he was frustrated, trying like hell to get BM and I3 to let him crack the inner circle and adopt some of his suggestions. And since the I3 folks largely have their noses stuck in Github, trying to do their crucially important part in getting us a good product, he was continually frustrated.

With BitShares fully decentralizing, Methodx realized he didn't need I3's blessing. Delegates are the only institution left in BitShares and he could become one of them, do his own thing, promote this on his own terms, even while the BitShares Marketing team is going in other productive directions. And as soon as he started that thread announcing his intentions to become a 100% delegate, one of his first supporters was Bytemaster. Plus a lot of others. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single person reading Methodx's posts who didn't want to see most of that stuff happen that he suggested.

Matt608, you don't have to take the same approach he took. But if you seek a 100% delegate, people are going to be comparing you with what Methodx brought. They're going to be looking for more than three months' worth of articles, etc. You've gotten a great start here already and helped us nicely. But what else would you bring? What are you capable of doing? What other facets do you have once you've written articles on the most useful subjects? Show us your passion. And some ideas for what you would (or could possibly) be spending that 100% on, after the first three months.

Give us that and I'll go "all in" on endorsing you for a 100% delegate.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:18:57 am by donkeypong »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I like your plans of marketing, they seem very promising.

Methox is running a 100% payrate delegate, and it seems Methox has planned a lot of promoting activities, but he is still in the stage of ability proving, instead of results enjoying.  So I doubt the community would agree to support two "unconfirmed" marketing teams at the same time, given the overlaps of your plan with Methox's.

Why don't you join his team first, and prove your ability there. What you asked (200USD per month) is just a small portion of Methox's income, I think he will welcome you. If in future, we really need more marketing teams, you may start a new team by then.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline matt608

• View Profile
How many articles would you propose to write in six months? And where would you post/publish them?

Six months is too far ahead to think for me in terms of article numbers, I'd prefer to keep estimates no more than 3 months as that's all my proposal covers.  The number of articles I write depends largely on article ideas and the quality of those ideas.  This week I've written 2 articles and my delegate pitch.  2 a week is 8 a month or 24 over 3 months.  To me that number sounds like a '****tonne' and its hard to imagine that many good article ideas to inspire me.  I mean quality articles, stuff thats good enough for very popular websites, not some crappy pumping with no substance.  I can't crank them out like a machine, they need to be populated by ideas.  That's why I went a safe estimate of 10 in 3 months.  Translated into Spanish and Chinese and the safe estimate gets 30. 

Chances are I could do a lot more than that, but I don't want to make any promises I might not be able to keep.  Thanks to the amazing community great ideas fly around here all the time so using community inspiration I could even end up writing more than 24.  For all I know I could get 10 good ones done in the first month.  But I'm just going to stick to a safe prediction of 10 in 3 months. 

Keep in mind its not an exact thing.  Articles can be modified to have a slightly different angle on them, in which case, is that 1 article or 2?

Where will they be published?  Wherever they can in a way best for the DAC.  MeTHoDx went straight ahead and published one to r/cryptocurrency, I was expecting to offer it to pop-tech blogs such as Wired as an exclusive but it turned out pretty well.  On Nullstreet there's a group of contributors in lncluding HPEnvy who help decide where to send the articles and what order to do things.  I certainly will aim for popular websites and leveraging social media to get the most out of each one.