Author Topic: The Bitshares SUPERbull thread  (Read 11200 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
All that Ripple profit taking needs to flow somewhere...

I don't understand why people are trying to make money with Ripple. Yes, it just shot up by a ton and someone could have been well positioned for that bump. But isn't Ripple Labs sitting on something like 90% of their coinage, which it could release at any time? I think I'll pass on Ripple... and stick with BitShares.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The market seems really quiet right now, there is very little going on.

This always happens during the 8 hours that china is asleep. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The market seems really quiet right now, there is very little going on.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
bet u will be able to buy sub 40mil market cap in the next 2 weeks... Wayyyy too many raving bulls at a lower high

You may very well be right, we will see.

It takes all of us to make a market, all our competing opinions. :)

Not saying I wouldn't love to see it go parabolic though :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
bet u will be able to buy sub 40mil market cap in the next 2 weeks... Wayyyy too many raving bulls at a lower high

You may very well be right, we will see.

It takes all of us to make a market, all our competing opinions. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
All that Ripple profit taking needs to flow somewhere...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I'd say we're looking at weeks, and maybe a few months, not days. But I share your optimism!

I know, this is more likely.  But rising in days is at least *possible* right now, so I definitely wouldnt want to be anything but 100% long. :)

I almost feel bad for those who don't have as many BTS as they want right now, because they have a tough choice of having to either panic buy on this rise, or risk missing out.  I'm so glad I bought everything I could under 2 cents.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I agree we should all embrace our inner Stan :P

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
PSA: You can short most bitassets at 0% right now because most people put price limits which were way higher than now
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'd say we're looking at weeks, and maybe a few months, not days. But I share your optimism!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
(In this post, I shall channel my inner Stan, and pump bitshares!  Lets begin).

Right now, people here are pretty happy with the 20% rise today, but most of us are so used to the bear market of the past 3 months that we are expecting the price to just be beaten down again.  We are wondering if we should sell now and rebuy a bit lower.  We are imagining this move today as a pump which will be followed by a dump.  We are conditioned by months of pain to expect more pain after anything good happens. 

During the bear market phase we just suffered through, this thinking would have been correct.  We have been conditioned to be bears and to sell every rise.

However, it might be different this time.  Really different.
Of course, in a bear market, there are always people who think 'this time it is different', this time, that was the final low, and now we will go up.  They think this on every low, but more lows follow.

However, THIS time, there are real, strong, technical reasons to believe that the bear phase is over, FOR REAL, and that a new bull phase has begun!  During this bull phase, price will rise RELENTLESSLY, with minimal pullbacks that only serve to trick people into selling and hoping to rebuy lower.  They then get left behind as the price goes higher and higher and higher, until they either panic buy back in at higher prices, or are forced onto the sidelines and end up regretting their sell forever.

Do not be shaken off this bull!
The bear attacks you with its claws, delivering painful declines after any rise, but the bull tries to shake you off its back as it moves higher.  Now is the time to HODL as hard as you can!  Do not sell for your measly 25% gains.  If you sell, do so only after LARGE gains.  After the price doubles, or triples, or even goes to 10x what it was before!  Do not let go of your precious BTS unless the buyers pay you a PREMIUM price in their panic buys!

Here is a very crowded chart, showing all of the bullish developments, and a very, very bullish purple line predicting the future price.

Alright, yes, the purple line is probably too bullish.  A much more likely scenario is that this rise takes place over weeks or months, not days. 
However, what is picture is clearly possible based on the price action we are seeing.  Maybe the chance is only 10-20% or so, but this is not a silly daydream fantasy scenario here.  The price chart is telling us that this actually *might* happen.  It is one reasonable possibility that might occur, and it is the reason why you absolutely SHOULD NOT be selling and hoping to buy lower here if you are a true believer in Bitshares.

You know how Ripple just tripled in value in the past 2 weeks?  Bitshares might be just starting to do exactly the same thing, right now.  This is a totally reasonable scenario that a rational person analyzing this price chart could see happening.  All of the elements needed for this to occur have happened.  The MACD buy signal and the moving average cross and the breaking of the downtrend line and resistance levels, and the rise in buying volume are all occurring right in this timeframe in order to allow this scenario to be possible!

Am I saying this will definitely happen?  No, of course not.  Is this th emost likely way for things to play out.  No, a tamer and slower rise to new all time highs over a period of several months has a higher chance of occuring.  A pullback first is still possible, and maybe those that sell and rebuy will get lucky.  But if there was ever a time to be all in and hodling as hard as possible, this is the time!

Let us hold our shares tight, and see how high this thing can go. 
Let us hold our shares tight, and not let those that sold because of 'dilution' or the merger get their shares back without paying a high price.
Let us hold our shares tight, and be amused at the haters who cannot understand why bitshares is rising so strongly, day after day (just like most of us probably felt about ripple this week).
Let us hold, and watch the price with amazement.

We have suffered, these past two months, but now is our time.
I hope that most of you reading this are like me, and you made sacrifices in order to buy absolutely every bitshare that you could.  That you worked overtime, that you sat at home eating ramen noodles, and put every penny you had into BTS.  That you counted every dollar you spent these past weeks, and then spend it on BTS instead while we were under 2 cents.

We bought, while those around us sold BTS in tears.
We bought, while those around us mocked BTS, and said the peg had failed.
We bought, while it hurt so badly that we wanted to throw up every time we looked at the price.

NOW WE WILL ALL HODL EVERY SHARE, AND IT WILL BE OUR TIME.