Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares PTS Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement  (Read 220915 times)

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] BitShares PTS Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:31 am »
Heh..
That is good stuff.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Tuck Fheman

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2014, 02:04:35 am »
PTS is like a non-stop pump and dump that is obviously morally justifiable and even legitimately useful, but very controversial at first glance. A true innovation!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2014, 01:21:44 am »
Seems to me that a state-of-the-art deflationary coin
that has a such strong pedigree
and a long track record
of capturing sharedrops from other state-of-the-art assets
might just give all the other
poor non-state-of-the-art coins
with
no such history
a bit of competition! 

Everybody who still owns such a coin
clearly knows everything
about this technology's potential
and they are the most loyal of the loyal. 
Passionately loyal.

What developer in their right mind would want to attract such a demographic?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2014, 04:47:27 pm »
This is starting to sound like that NXT Forum thread when those idiots were mocking bitAssets.

Believe it or not there is value in things BM is not actively evolved in. I know that's hard for followers of the Church of Larimer but it's true :).

BTS should AirDrop on Litecoin or Ripple and then they'll be nothings too!

As far as I know Satoshi isn't working on BTC anymore so now it's dead. We can be #1 by fiat and AirDrops 8).

Sent from my Timex Sinclair.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:09 pm »
Bitshares PTS Mandatory upgrade? This is misleading at best and deliberately fraudulent at worst. This is a hard fork, created by a new developer. There's nothing mandatory about it. The idea that you even have the right to use the Bitshares PTS name reeks of an intent to deceive. I suggest you rethink how you're attempting this launch if you want to maintain credibility.

Upgrading PTS to DPOS has been planned for a long time, only nobody at I3 had the time to do it. Our project has the full backing of I3. This is about as official as we can get.

From a purely technical perspective of course we're starting a new chain with a genesis block based on a snapshot from the old chain. There's really no other way to do it. So from a purely technical perspective this is not a mandatory upgrade. You can stay on the PoW chain and see where it leads. Most likely it won't lead anywhere but simply stop in its tracks. And even if you manage to mine a few new blocks you may find it difficult to do anything with your mined coins Therefore, the upgrade is mandatory from an economical perspective.
I have some PTS now . but I don`t think it is a update of PTS,  it is just a fork of bitshares.  though III wanted to update PTS to DPOS, but it was old plan .  III have airdrop BTS to PTS holder, and have announced that did not honour PTS chain.  actually I think our community paid a price for this. in many Chinese investor‘s mind , PTS have dead.
they already sell PTS at low price. if someone bring PTS to live. I don`t know what it mean for our community?

I think fuzzy answered it best... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11877.msg156718#msg156718

So PTS can still be a sharedrop token.

Sparkle is giving it 33% of the first SPK https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=80.0

The new PTS is also a no inflation, profitable DPOS like BTSX used to be.

So to me the new PTS is a good sharedrop token and a crypto-currency that is superior to Bitcoin.

Downsides: PTS has no real funding and no direct development support from key talent

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »
Bitshares PTS Mandatory upgrade? This is misleading at best and deliberately fraudulent at worst. This is a hard fork, created by a new developer. There's nothing mandatory about it. The idea that you even have the right to use the Bitshares PTS name reeks of an intent to deceive. I suggest you rethink how you're attempting this launch if you want to maintain credibility.

Upgrading PTS to DPOS has been planned for a long time, only nobody at I3 had the time to do it. Our project has the full backing of I3. This is about as official as we can get.

From a purely technical perspective of course we're starting a new chain with a genesis block based on a snapshot from the old chain. There's really no other way to do it. So from a purely technical perspective this is not a mandatory upgrade. You can stay on the PoW chain and see where it leads. Most likely it won't lead anywhere but simply stop in its tracks. And even if you manage to mine a few new blocks you may find it difficult to do anything with your mined coins Therefore, the upgrade is mandatory from an economical perspective.
I have some PTS now . but I don`t think it is a update of PTS,  it is just a fork of bitshares.  though III wanted to update PTS to DPOS, but it was old plan .  III have airdrop BTS to PTS holder, and have announced that did not honour PTS chain.  actually I think our community paid a price for this. in many Chinese investor‘s mind , PTS have dead.
they already sell PTS at low price. if someone bring PTS to live. I don`t know what it mean for our community?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:27:28 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2014, 08:59:16 am »

God knows I have about 750 pointless posts...but this one rivals them gooooooooood.

I was answering TanFan's question... how is that pointless?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

zerosum

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2014, 06:28:38 am »
I did not start it...donkey did.

Donkey made no statements, only posed questions, with the intent of eliciting the details of Tonyk's views.

Slick* as always... :)

*Slick :
'Perfect in manner; sharp, attentive, having perfect answers for virtually all questions, and, of course, large amounts of gel in hair.'

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:05 am »
I did not start it...donkey did.

Donkey made no statements, only posed questions, with the intent of eliciting the details of Tonyk's views.

zerosum

« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2014, 05:18:37 am »
There are currently ~1,763,472 PTS in existence. To scale these up to 1 billion we multiply each balance in the snapshot with a factor of ~567. IOW your 100 old PTS will become about 56,700 new PTS.

What won't change is your relative possession of the total existing PTS. I. e. if you own 1% of the total existing PTS before the upgrade you'll also own 1% of the total after the upgrade.

God knows I have about 750 pointless posts...but this one rivals them gooooooooood.

You mean suddenly you'll have a billion nothings? That are worth nothing as soon as everyone dumps the rest of them? Because there are a billion nothing DACs on the horizon? Any of which, if they do exist, might just honor BTS' "Final" snapshot or a current BTS snapshot rather than PTS?

I kind of like the idea to have twice as many nothings as before (and one of those nothings will be in the (multi)millions)... the idea makes me smile.... do you blame me?

:) 8) ;D :o 8) :-X :-\ :)

Just add a bit of wine and Sparkle(s)...and you have a party....

"GUYS, I DON'T LIKE PTS." We get it, Tony. Let us get on with our work and just don't buy any.

Do not worry AB, I will have twice as many as I need after 14th... and I did not start it...donkey did.

Do I like PTS??? ha-ha always have man, always... after all CH came with the idea and I just LOVE him...also donkey was a decent supporter of them, as far as I can tell.

As far as PTS 2.0 goes...why not... It will not be the first ridiculous idea being replicated/duplicated...after all humans reproduce all the time...

PS
I am sharedroping on them PTS on 12/17 2014 btw :)

PSS
I kept my end of the bargain -'Not posting in this thread, if you change the misleading title'... you did not!
So I am free to post my opinions here, I am not?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:27:08 am by tonyk2 »

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2014, 04:57:06 am »
There are currently ~1,763,472 PTS in existence. To scale these up to 1 billion we multiply each balance in the snapshot with a factor of ~567. IOW your 100 old PTS will become about 56,700 new PTS.

What won't change is your relative possession of the total existing PTS. I. e. if you own 1% of the total existing PTS before the upgrade you'll also own 1% of the total after the upgrade.

You mean suddenly you'll have a billion nothings? That are worth nothing as soon as everyone dumps the rest of them? Because there are a billion nothing DACs on the horizon? Any of which, if they do exist, might just honor BTS' "Final" snapshot or a current BTS snapshot rather than PTS?

I kind of like the idea to have twice as many nothings as before (and one of those nothings will be in the (multi)millions)... the idea makes me smile.... do you blame me?

"GUYS, I DON'T LIKE PTS." We get it, Tony. Let us get on with our work and just don't buy any.

zerosum

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2014, 04:24:35 am »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:31:27 am by tonyk2 »