Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 1797 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you can also hodl bitUSD because of the yield which might turn out to be higher than with USD at traditional banks ..
that way you are on the safe side and do not feel the effect of volatility at all .. some people might not want to do risky investments/trades ..

but your use-case is also very legit!

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
You are confusing growth (in very early stages ) with volatility.
Do I?

I can buy 100bitUSD today and see them for 100USD in 10 years from now .. no growth .. no volatility .. (excluding the yield)
That's what people want to have ..

In contrast; I can buy BTS worth 100$ today and sell them for twice .. or maybe half the price next week .. WHO KNOWS?! .. that's (negative) "growth" .. volatility ..

Why to buy 100bitUSD in the first place if my plan is to hold them for 10 year and get back 100 USD ,I can just keep my 100 USD and I will get the same effect.
As I see it bitUSD have this functions:
-Short USD vs BTS aka sell bitUSD.
-Lock profits in BItUSD made from trading or selling things (merchants).
-Buying BItUSD to use them at places that accept bitusd . 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Do I?

I can buy 100bitUSD today and see them for 100USD in 10 years from now .. no growth .. no volatility .. (excluding the yield)
That's what people want to have ..

In contrast; I can buy BTS worth 100$ today and sell them for twice .. or maybe half the price next week .. WHO KNOWS?! .. that's (negative) "growth" .. volatility ..

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
By saying start using only crypto I meant move at least 80% of your net market cap into BTC/BTS/Bitusd/bitgold...  (if you think that crypto is the future and you have less then 50% in it then you are actually loosing when crypto go up in fiat terms).

It is not so right to say that bitusd some how less volatile it is just paged to usd, in order to reduce volatility you need to have at least 4 diffident assets for example:
25%bitusd
25%bitchy
25%bitgld
25%bts

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:32:49 am by srcgpsmp »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Start paying with crypto for everything stop using banks and credit cards (yes I know it is hard but it is possible if you use your imagination and community resources aka people) and let other people to see this.
That's the whole point of having bitUSD .. because it has a value people recognize .. not a day-to-day highly volatile price like bitcoin ..

once there are on-/off-rams and merchants .. you can bet that people will use this to pay for goods .. but they will use bitUSD bitEUR bitCNY .. and not BTS .. because BTS has the same volatile nature as BTC!

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
Hello my dear Bitshares tribe I would like to share with you my view about marketing.

Central bank all over the world are cooperate together in the grand scheme to devalue our currencies until the bond markets crush and everyone rush into US 30 years treasury bonds and USD  just in time for interest rate increase pushed by republicans that will take office by then  that will cause USA to default with over 18 trillion $ in dept.
Until then we all can enjoy almost 0% interest rates  "rising stock markets" and overnight crypto pump and dumps to feed our growing apatite for more BTS/BTC/...   holding for the time shit hits the fan and we all become milliners in worthless fiat currency.
If you think that it is worth waiting for that you are wrong.
Stop thinking about BTS/BTC/... as hedge/insurance, people won't understand you and won't "risk" much to do the same. 
Start paying with crypto for everything stop using banks and credit cards (yes I know it is hard but it is possible if you use your imagination and community resources aka people) and let other people to see this.
We only have around 30000 people using BTS (this is ridicules if you think that we can bring any significant change and not fall into being a tool for the powers we try to resist )many of us have more the 100000 BTS , give away for free 1000 BTS to each one of your friends if you really a bitshres believer, the bast currency in the world is people you won't regret it.
The Chinese are buying because they smart (see http://btckan.com/price and http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/#markets )
The Easterner's are buying because they fat and greedy sheep (see http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q )
One of the first slogans of Bitshares is "disrupting everything" I don't here that anymore ,why are you using standard marketing strategies?
Why the hell you need marketing anyway (to dump on newcomers and make some profit?) if you are so ideologically motivated just focus on developing the bast BTS client you can with the most functions and writing books about ...