Author Topic: Mobile Wallet - Testers needed  (Read 77163 times)

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
How do i send money to the wallet?
Select and address from the "My Addresses" list and use the wallet_transfer_asset_to_address command from the console (in the desktop wallet).
e.g.: wallet_transfer_asset_to_address USD 5 my_account BTSX9pTBfYkFwmUm46XTaeTLukGDrupobHwzc

should be:
wallet_transfer_asset_to_address 5 USD my_account  BTSX9pTBfYkFwmUm46XTaeTLukGDrupobHwzc
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Even if the wallet cannot receive stealth transactions (since it cannot scan the blockchain), can it still create transactions to stealth addresses so it can send to titan names? (or will it be possible in the future)

Also, does the protocol allow to register a single normal address on the blockchain with a name, so people can still use titan names to send to you (so you keep the convenience but dont have the stealth address aspect)?

Typing in a name is just sooo much more convenient than keeping track of long alphanumeric strings, so I really hope it can also be done on mobile clients.

Btw so happy to see this! It seriously made my day that there's already a functional mobile wallet prototype, especially when we thought we didn't even have any developers working on it just a short while back. I hope this gets open sourced and funded by a delegate, I will definitely vote for a 100% paid delegate. Bitwallet could become the bitshares flagship mobile wallet.
Yes open source is preferred IMHO.
Anyway, good job so far!
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

zerosum

This is just   AWESOME news!

And in Argentina! Even better!

+5% +5% +5%

On the delegate thing - make it ASAP at 100% pay rate , you have my vote (and other peoples too I assume) !

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I would vote for you at 100% payrate. Let us know what your delegate name is.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Even if the wallet cannot receive stealth transactions (since it cannot scan the blockchain), can it still create transactions to stealth addresses so it can send to titan names? (or will it be possible in the future)

Also, does the protocol allow to register a single normal address on the blockchain with a name, so people can still use titan names to send to you (so you keep the convenience but dont have the stealth address aspect)?

Typing in a name is just sooo much more convenient than keeping track of long alphanumeric strings, so I really hope it can also be done on mobile clients.

Btw so happy to see this! It seriously made my day that there's already a functional mobile wallet prototype, especially when we thought we didn't even have any developers working on it just a short while back. I hope this gets open sourced and funded by a delegate, I will definitely vote for a 100% paid delegate. Bitwallet could become the bitshares flagship mobile wallet.

Offline onceuponatime

100% pay rate for now +5%

Offline bytemaster

Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions. 

@xeroc,  sending to a blockchain registered name is on the TODO list. (also scan pubkey and scan privkey to load paper wallets)

@arhag,

"Does the Android client validate that the transaction to be signed returned by the server is one which sends X BitUSD to Y address where X and Y are the same as the one displayed in the confirmation to the user"

No we don't, its on our TODO list.
We plan to use Bitshares-JS transaction parsing to verify that the transaction digest (that the server is giving us to sign) is valid.
(And the destination address are the ones we choose)

"Do you plan to allow the server to create and the client to sign (and ideally partially validate) an outgoing transaction to a TITAN address?"
Yes, we plan to do that.

"Do you plan to support multisig addresses like 2-of-3 where one of the keys is held by the server and the server only signs the transaction after verifying the real user's intent with two-factor authentication?"
No at the moment, but maybe in the future.

Things that we have on our TODO list.

- add localization framework
- fix known bugs
- Security review by Sergio (and/or others)
- Usable iOS version
- Scan privkey/public key
- Send to a registered name. (Public key and TITAN transfer)
- Register your account
- Load/Unload with BTC
- Load/Unload with ARS

I would like to know what the community thinks is a reasonable payrate (and the duration) to help us in the development of the wallet.

100% pay is good for now. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions. 

@xeroc,  sending to a blockchain registered name is on the TODO list. (also scan pubkey and scan privkey to load paper wallets)

@arhag,

"Does the Android client validate that the transaction to be signed returned by the server is one which sends X BitUSD to Y address where X and Y are the same as the one displayed in the confirmation to the user"

No we don't, its on our TODO list.
We plan to use Bitshares-JS transaction parsing to verify that the transaction digest (that the server is giving us to sign) is valid.
(And the destination address are the ones we choose)

"Do you plan to allow the server to create and the client to sign (and ideally partially validate) an outgoing transaction to a TITAN address?"
Yes, we plan to do that.

"Do you plan to support multisig addresses like 2-of-3 where one of the keys is held by the server and the server only signs the transaction after verifying the real user's intent with two-factor authentication?"
No at the moment, but maybe in the future.

Things that we have on our TODO list.

- add localization framework
- fix known bugs
- Security review by Sergio (and/or others)
- Usable iOS version
- Scan privkey/public key
- Send to a registered name. (Public key and TITAN transfer)
- Register your account
- Load/Unload with BTC
- Load/Unload with ARS

I would like to know what the community thinks is a reasonable payrate (and the duration) to help us in the development of the wallet.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Fantastic work, this is exactly what we need for being 100% payrate delegate +5% +5% +5%

I don't see that they've proposed a delegate (?) Are you suggesting that they should?

Absolutely. Unless they want to contribute to BTS ecosystem for free. As a matter of fact, such kind of work is very imperative for the current BTS ecosystem, because it will add a lot of value.
Also, I think the original poster is a good example for others who want to apply for high payrate delegates. Do something first and convince the community that your work is valuable and promising, and then the community will gladly vote for you.

I'm right there with you. Fully agree. While I like to know more about someone and what he/she/they would do as a delegate, the wallet app is an impressive step.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Fantastic work, this is exactly what we need for being 100% payrate delegate +5% +5% +5%

I don't see that they've proposed a delegate (?) Are you suggesting that they should?

Absolutely. Unless they want to contribute to BTS ecosystem for free. As a matter of fact, such kind of work is very imperative for the current BTS ecosystem, because it will add a lot of value.
Also, I think the original poster is a good example for others who want to apply for high payrate delegates. Do something first and convince the community that your work is valuable and promising, and then the community will gladly vote for you.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline etimarcus

• Vires in Numeris
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: etimarcus
CONGRATULATIONS !  +5%

I'll give it a try!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I tried transfer in and out and both succeeded.

steps:
1.run this command in the console of the pc wallet:
wallet_get_account my_account_name
2.copy the address after "account_address" to the mobile wallet
3.click the send button in mobile wallet

result:
1.balance in the pc wallet updated in seconds
2.mobile wallet keep showing the trx is pending for a long time, back to normal after a restart.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:18:12 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit