Author Topic: Mobile Wallet - Testers needed  (Read 76579 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
https://github.com/latincoin-com/bitwallet

Could someone from german section help to translate mobile wallet ... this would be really great  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Rune

• View Profile
@Rune in the beta version you will be able to register your name as soon as you install the app. @dargonar is working on it right now.

Sounds great, is the free registration through faucet.bitshares.org?

Also do you have any ideas for how to link identities in the future? Users will want to have the same hot account on both their laptop and their phone. I was thinking maybe simply sharing private keys by scanning a QR code on the windows client. But I guess there's an even bigger issue that it's difficult to sync between several clients.

Maybe you could simply register separate names under the same top level name for each device, like laptop.username, mobile.username, coldwallet.username. Then they could have separate keys but stay unified for bitshares login. I actually like this also because it would make for excellent 2 FA security if you have a multisig address that requires signature from both laptop.username and mobile.username.

There was a discussion about how mobile/laptop clients would sync for bitshares login in the thread on reddit and I've been thinking about it since because it's an area where all other local authentication systems have failed in the past, including bitID.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
@spartako, tante grazie per la traduzione la abbiamo già aggiunta!!
Grazie per il vostro fantastico lavoro!! ;)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
@Rune in the beta version you will be able to register your name as soon as you install the app. @dargonar is working on it right now.

@spartako, tante grazie per la traduzione la abbiamo già aggiunta!!

@mdj, iOS version is working fine. If you want to help us test PM you device UUID or go to https://github.com/latincoin-com/bitwallet/tree/dargon-dev-ios and build it yourself!

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
This is looking great!
Any plans in the pipe for an iOS version?

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Will it be possible to also integrate the faucet for free name registration in the mobile wallet?

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
I have updated the OP mainly to warning testers to not fund the mobile wallet using the GUI.
We should use wallet_transfer_to_address, otherwise the GUI will generate a titan transaction that wont be visible to the mobile wallet (for now).
If it happens by mistake PM me and i will help you recover those funds.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:02:22 pm by ElMato »

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Sure, but could you please first re-download the apk and verify that the shasum is ec4ff1bd9d5a44d7a212029dcd1bebd153fa2395?

This is what i see when i switch my phone to chinese.
http://cl.ly/image/1A3g360C3h0C

the new version works. thanks a lot!!
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Sure, but could you please first re-download the apk and verify that the shasum is ec4ff1bd9d5a44d7a212029dcd1bebd153fa2395?

This is what i see when i switch my phone to chinese.
http://cl.ly/image/1A3g360C3h0C

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

* i18N ready.
  - english
  - spanish
  - russian [thanks testz]
  - korean [thanks clayop]
  - chinese [thanks btswildpig]

Thanks for your effort. While the i18n support is ready, many of us still cannot have cihnese interface. Could you please add a menu that users can choose the language they want? Thanks
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It would be great if the desktop client would show a QR code so we can scan it with the mobile wallet and have the addy.

Any chance the mobile wallet will support typing in a registered account name?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Ok, if you never have used the wallet (transfer bitXXX from desktop wallet to mobile) there's no problem.

Did you transfer bitAssets to the old wallet? or to this one?
No I never used alpha 1 wallet... just looked around it.
I sent to new one, and I PMed you :)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Ok, if you never have used the wallet (transfer bitXXX from desktop wallet to mobile) there's no problem.

Did you transfer bitAssets to the old wallet? or to this one?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
No, you don't.
But did you have alpha-1 installed?

Oh now I can remember I did. I installed alpha 1 and uninstalled then.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop