Author Topic: Mobile Wallet - Testers needed  (Read 76605 times)

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Please publish the APK @ f-droid.org. There are few cryptocoin apps there (and some of us don't use the play store ;)), this will bring some more users in.

Also - haven't read the 11 pages of this thread - does this wallet support TITAN?

If not, why?
If not, any plans to implement it?
 If yes, any ETA?

@Karnal, @xeroc is right on what he is saying.

TITAN support wont be available in the first release but we are committed to support it as soon as the infrastructure in the network is ready.

I really don't know the current status of the mail subsystem (that will let you notify a user which transaction to look in the blockchain) 

We can easily support outgoing TITAN transactions to "titan accounts" but the real value is to support incoming TITAN transactions.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
The client isn't tor compatible. Which reminds me, ORBOT support for the android app would be pretty neat.. moot point of the phone is rooted, but I suppose most users don't have rooted phones.

And sure, but it only takes one slippage for anyone to be able to link your entire balance to your public account name.

At least with bitcoin and others you can just generate a new address. And even there using Tor is preferable so that linking transactions by IP is not possible.

With bitshares you're one command away from revealing the balance of any non-titan registered account, as you know!
Essentially, a privacy nightmare.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am aware. My issue is with receiving publicly, you could say I'm someone who enjoys the right to privacy (have you heard anyone else bitching about how difficult it can be sometimes to access the forum over tor? :)).
counter question: How easy is it for you to register a new mail account with a random name?
with the difference that in bitshares you can register in a decentralized manner .. no need to send your "IP" to googlemail or hotmail ..

However, I am not sure if the BitShares client is TOR compatible already .. but I'd say 'wallet.bitshares.org' is ..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
You also need to know the WHOLE blockchain .. and that does not fit well with "leightweight" mobile wallet :)

Right, good point. Do we have some sort of SPV ?

not supporting TITAN does not mean you cannot use registered account names .. though you can only receive publicly .. not anonymously ..

I am aware. My issue is with receiving publicly, you could say I'm someone who enjoys the right to privacy (have you heard anyone else bitching about how difficult it can be sometimes to access the forum over tor? :)).

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Sorry xeroc, what exactly is the problem in scanning all transactions? Not sure if I follow.

Sure it would be slower and it would eat up more battery. Perhaps default to non-TITAN on mobile, have a way to enable it with a loud disclaimer about reduced battery life and what not.
You also need to know the WHOLE blockchain .. and that does not fit well with "leightweight" mobile wallet :)

Coupled with supporting >1 wallet (not sure if it already does) this should make it pretty practical.

I for one would not use the software without TITAN .. but I guess I'm in the minority :)
not supporting TITAN does not mean you cannot use registered account names .. though you can only receive publicly .. not anonymously ..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Sorry xeroc, what exactly is the problem in scanning all transactions? Not sure if I follow.

Sure it would be slower and it would eat up more battery. Perhaps default to non-TITAN on mobile, have a way to enable it with a loud disclaimer about reduced battery life and what not.

Coupled with supporting >1 wallet (not sure if it already does) this should make it pretty practical.

I for one would not use the software without TITAN .. but I guess I'm in the minority :)

And what about f-droid ? Any plans to make the app available there?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Please publish the APK @ f-droid.org. There are few cryptocoin apps there (and some of us don't use the play store ;)), this will bring some more users in.

Also - haven't read the 11 pages of this thread - does this wallet support TITAN?

If not, why?
 If yes, any ETA?
As I know it is different to support TITAN
s/different/difficult/

what BTSdac wants to say that you cannot simply support TITAN without having the need to scan every single transactions ..
I suppose the wallet will not be TITAN compatible in terms of receiving via TITAN .. but I guess you will be able to send funds to a registered account via TITAN

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

If not, why?
 If yes, any ETA?
As I know it is different to support TITAN
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Here is an update to show where what we are doing.

Basically we have a stable backend api (v2), a stable wallet structure and a working exchange, so now all the efforts will be going into the UI.

awesome

Offline karnal

• View Profile

If not, why?
 If yes, any ETA?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
look closer fellas.  its made for bitcoin not bts?

;) nope !

Outstanding dudes... congratz to limewallet team
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline topcandle

look closer fellas.  its made for bitcoin not bts?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Here is an update to show where what we are doing.

Basically we have a stable backend api (v2), a stable wallet structure and a working exchange, so now all the efforts will be going into the UI.