Author Topic: What if we reached out to the Newmont Mining and Precious Metal Dealers  (Read 929 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Go for it.  I don't think it's to early to start reaching out and educating such entities now, though they'd probably want to wait until it hits 1.0 to go live with it.

I don't think there are any key people needed to make this possible except on Newmont's end.  They'd just have to be convinced bitAssets can be trusted to track, and then they'd have to figure out what cut or fees they needed to stay profitable on the trades.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I have an idea, what if we started have discussions with Newmont Mining so that people could buy their precious metals with BitGold, BitSilver, etc. We need to make it clear that Newmont should be the first to accept BitGold in exchange for the real metal. What do you guys think? When should we have this discussion, how do we prepare for something like this, who would be the key people to make this possible.

"Newmont Mining Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA, is one of the world's largest producers of gold, with active mines in Nevada, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Ghana and Peru." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmont_Mining_Corporation
BTSX TipMe: bluebit