Author Topic: Weekly or Biweekly Updates. Is it too much to ask?  (Read 5424 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
you will not get what you asking for - point!

was in the past asked already and never happend, so i am not expecting much. I am really happy with methodx push with nullstreet and i am expecting more from this side. But it is just a feeling i don't trust stuff like "we are ready if the wallet is ready" this is just smoke in my eyes. Brian has the trust from Bytemaster and this is all we have to know - so it seems.
resigning is not a good argument :)

Offline James212

• View Profile
You should expect an update from Adam on monday.

And from Brian P? Like never?

+5%

Probably never! But bitmarket and murderistic from his marketeer crew hang out here occasionally

The arrogance is costing me money (for Pepto Bismol)

Updates would be great, project plan would be even better. I just want to see a project plan outlining 1 month, 3 months, 6 months with milestones, projected costs and resource allocation. I understand the need for privacy with business development, the same shouldn't hold true for marketing efforts. At a 40 million dollar valuation, we should have a monster plan outlined and coordinated between different resources.

I might be in the minority but that's how I feel about it.  If you want to know everything happening from the community marketing team, it's as simple as following a weekly link.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12131.0

Transparency should be king within BitShares.

hpenvy - I don't think you're in the minority. 

I too - would really like to at the very least see some projections and a solid executable plan.  Not even a 1+ month plan, but a RIGHT NOW plan.  I may be speaking for myself, but I'd sure appreciate at least a weekly update that outlines specifically what the incumbent marketing team has done, along with what they will be doing, and what they plan to accomplish for the next week.

If these current efforts need to stay behind closed doors, then perhaps we call it what it is: Business Development (because there IS a difference from marketing).  We're simply scaling to the point where Brian's team cannot do both, it's a great problem to have - now let's address it.  I'd be in favor of voting in an "additional" marketing team to take the helm, with specific focus on marketing alone, with an allocated budget and more transparency.
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
you will not get what you asking for - point!

was in the past asked already and never happend, so i am not expecting much. I am really happy with methodx push with nullstreet and i am expecting more from this side. But it is just a feeling i don't trust stuff like "we are ready if the wallet is ready" this is just smoke in my eyes. Brian has the trust from Bytemaster and this is all we have to know - so it seems.

Offline GaltReport

Probably never! But bitmarket and murderistic from his marketeer crew hang out here occasionally

Updates would be great, project plan would be even better. I just want to see a project plan outlining 1 month, 3 months, 6 months with milestones, projected costs and resource allocation. I understand the need for privacy with business development, the same shouldn't hold true for marketing efforts. At a 40 million dollar valuation, we should have a monster plan outlined and coordinated between different resources.

I might be in the minority but that's how I feel about it.  If you want to know everything happening from the community marketing team, it's as simple as following a weekly link.

I too - would really like to at the very least see some projections and a solid executable plan.  Not even a 1+ month plan, but a RIGHT NOW plan.  I may be speaking for myself, but I'd sure appreciate at least a weekly update that outlines specifically what the incumbent marketing team has done, along with what they will be doing, and what they plan to accomplish for the next week.

If these current efforts need to stay behind closed doors, then perhaps we call it what it is: Business Development (because there IS a difference from marketing).  We're simply scaling to the point where Brian's team cannot do both, it's a great problem to have - now let's address it.  I'd be in favor of voting in an "additional" marketing team to take the helm, with specific focus on marketing alone, with an allocated budget and more transparency.
Agree.  I manage million dollar plus projects and all have baselined, cost-loaded, work breakdown schedules.  For sure these are not inventing the future projects but still they are IT projects.  A high level schedule with milestones is minimum.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

That is absolutely reasonable!  +5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Say No To Closed Source Marketing

I'm struggling with the logic. We have no problem being open source in development, even with the potential for competitors to use our tech. Ok, but when it comes to marketing, the secret sauce is too sensitive to share?

It doesn't make sense to me. Look at the progress at Nullstreet. We have the opportunity to question and be critical of each others ideas which leads to a better product.

I speak for myself. Could I please get an official answer? I'm not interested in analogies, just a direct response. Maybe I don't understand the weird dynamic. Maybe a separate marketing and business director role needs to be defined as mentioned above?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:24:52 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:19:03 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline onceuponatime

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
 +5%

I don't recall reading one single post from Adam since the "merger" happened. I would have expected at the very least a "hey guys, happy to be on board, yada, yada" Maybe I missed that post? Anyways, I hope its not too presumptuous to expect his communication to be more often than *never*. Still, giving him the benefit of the doubt maybe he is busy finalizing his goals/strategy for the CAVO presentation, and will be more forthcoming afterwards....?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero