Author Topic: Good coin guys, congrats!  (Read 4454 times)

Offline monsterer

That being said, i still often call BTS as an altcoin just out of habit. But it really makes no sense as anything other than a metaphor for its properties, and in the long run we'll likely see very limited coin-like behaviour from BTS because of its volatility.

It makes as much sense as calling bitcoin a coin :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Btw .. bitshares is not a coin but a share .. bitusd bitcny botgold and all the others are
ah come on 5329 posts and you still believe in big corporations with shares n stuff!? in essence bitshares is a coin and you know it!

It makes more sense to say that bitcoins (or rather satoshis) are digital shares in the bitcoin blockchain. The concept of a digital coin is nonsensical and is at best a metaphor.

yup
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Btw .. bitshares is not a coin but a share .. bitusd bitcny botgold and all the others are
ah come on 5329 posts and you still believe in big corporations with shares n stuff!? in essence bitshares is a coin and you know it!

It makes more sense to say that bitcoins (or rather satoshis) are digital shares in the bitcoin blockchain. The concept of a digital coin is nonsensical and is at best a metaphor.

That being said, i still often call BTS as an altcoin just out of habit. But it really makes no sense as anything other than a metaphor for its properties, and in the long run we'll likely see very limited coin-like behaviour from BTS because of its volatility.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:46:00 am by Rune »

Offline monsterer

In my opinion, the base currency BTS *is* an altcoin and the assets are derivatives backed by BTS... Bitshares as a whole is something quite different.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jannnic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jannnic

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Btw .. bitshares is not a coin but a share .. bitusd bitcny botgold and all the others are like coins
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:15:33 pm by xeroc »

Offline jannnic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jannnic
This is really a nice coin you made there! I thought that Worldcoin would take over for quite a while but this looks much better now. Fuck worldcoin I go with this now!

I have to say though that that BitUSD subproject concerns me a bit. I am with Ron Paul when it comes to the FED. But Bitshares all the way!

And as far as I'm concerned you go a bit of track with what that toast guy is doing with his dns stuff. bytemaster don get distracted here! ask your brother he will know...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:17:00 am by jannnic »