Author Topic: It's our shame, a half of 100% delegates have no price feeds  (Read 5192 times)

Offline onceuponatime

I run feeds for MeTHoDx and bm.payroll.riverhead.org on a different VPS than the block signing wallet. The VPS was rebooted to have a software issue fixed (by them, not me) and the feeds did not come back up.

Sorry for the down time. They are back up now.

And yes, if I happen to not notice something like this again please DO pester me.
maybe Bitshareblock.com can pester all the delegates who hasn't been publishing price feeds by email .

That would be cool but really it should be something a delegate monitors.

Doesn't the owner of bitshareblocks.com have a 100% delegate?
I assumed that was what I was voting for: devbitsharesblocks

Offline Riverhead

I run feeds for MeTHoDx and bm.payroll.riverhead.org on a different VPS than the block signing wallet. The VPS was rebooted to have a software issue fixed (by them, not me) and the feeds did not come back up.

And yes, if I happen to not notice something like this again please DO pester me.
maybe Bitshareblock.com can pester all the delegates who hasn't been publishing price feeds by email .

That would be cool but really it should be something a delegate monitors.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline Riverhead

I run feeds for MeTHoDx and bm.payroll.riverhead on a different VPS than the block signing wallet. The VPS was rebooted to have a software issue fixed (by them, not me) and the feeds did not come back up.

Last feed before down time: December 8, 2014 at 11:04:10 PM EST
Latest publish: December 10, 2014 at 11:58:00 AM EST

Total feed down time: 1 day, 13 hours.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:09:10 pm by Riverhead »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
the good news is that from the latest client release, price feeds will count from stand-by  delegates also!!! 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

What since when?  All Standby delegates can publish feeds?  How is manipulation prevented?  Can you show me the reference to this?

Being able to publish feeds doesn't mean those feeds are counted. This is good to know who is an alternative to vote in.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
the good news is that from the latest client release, price feeds will count from stand-by  delegates also!!! 

What since when?  All Standby delegates can publish feeds?  How is manipulation prevented?  Can you show me the reference to this? 

Offline bytemaster

Riverhead was supposed to publish feeds with my delegate.  Lets pester him
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

If you guys are interested, I will make sure to ask Wackou about his intent to run the delegate price feeds in our hangout today.  For more information (in case you want to join up), please check the following link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12107.0
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Agreed. I spent a lot of time to set up publishing price feed today. It was exciting experience althogh I have to spend my own money to publish feeds.
I have a solution/idea for that !!!
Will announce today ;)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Please list the 100% delegates that aren't publishing feeds.

I will contact post in their campaign threads that I am going to withdraw my support if they do not publish feeds soon.

dev0.nikolai
marketing.methodx
bm.payroll.riverhead

Thats part of the reason I said mixing delegates and employees is a bad idea. Let them do one task and be judged by the same.

It will likely migrate in that direction but if they don't have time to fix feeds they don't have time to do a lot of things... like rearchitect the code in some serious manner.

One of these days I'm going to run a delegate.. on a chain.. that lives strong.  It will set the gold standard.  It will pull from the power of the Ultimate Warrior.  This is not bullshit talk.

seriouslly though someone should consider writing a hall of shame script for price feeds.
I speak for myself and only myself.

sumantso

I will contact post in their campaign threads that I am going to withdraw my support if they do not publish feeds soon.

dev0.nikolai
marketing.methodx
bm.payroll.riverhead

Thats part of the reason I said mixing delegates and employees is a bad idea. Let them do one task and be judged by the same.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Riverhead and Methodx have been supplying feeds recently. They are probably asleep and haven't noticed yet that something is broken.

If you're right, that's good
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Riverhead and Methodx have been supplying feeds recently. They are probably asleep and haven't noticed yet that something is broken.

Toast though never has ...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

dev0.nikolai
marketing.methodx
bm.payroll.riverhead

LOL

It really is hilarious in a ridiculous sort of way.

yup - but guess riverhead will update asap..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

dev0.nikolai
marketing.methodx
bm.payroll.riverhead

LOL

It really is hilarious in a ridiculous sort of way. What is even more absurd is that Riverhead's other delegates are publishing price feeds but not the 100% one for bytemaster. It is almost like they are trolling us.