Author Topic: Clarity would be greatly appreciated.  (Read 1794 times)

Offline myhometalk

• View Profile
Your vesting balance isn't yet available.
Import for DNS wallet is also TBD.

Thanks. Can you tell me approximately  when I can import my AGS and PTS to BTS?  since I do not want to keep so many wallets <grin>

Offline Wayne

• View Profile
Thanks for the info!  So the take-away that I get from that is "Just chill, you'll be able to import those wallets later and you haven't missed out on anything yet". 

If so, I will do just that.  ;)

Thanks for your hard work bytemaster. 

Offline bytemaster

Your vesting balance isn't yet available.
Import for DNS wallet is also TBD.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
great questions!

I am curious as well, especially about this section:

"Wasn't I supposed to get more BTS after the dilution or something?  Should I have imported my BTSX and PTS wallet into the new BTS wallet?  I bought a few more DNS on BTER but wasn't able to get them out in time.  I hear they will be handling that switch for me (hopefully).  I just want to make sure that all the needed BTS are in my current wallet because I thought there was a BTS snapshot coming up or something and I wanted to make sure that I had all my BTS in that wallet. I know Bitshares Music / Voting / Play are still on the way.  Are those based on PTS or BTS snapshots?  I know there are a couple of unofficial DACs like Rand Paul Coin, but I'm mostly worried about the more official Bitshares releases here."

Offline Wayne

• View Profile
Hello.  I'm a long time lurker (including Reddit), but first time poster here.  So please be patient with me.  I'm a very early investor in Bitcoin, and extremely early in PTS (since day 1, back when it was Protoshares) and I love the idea of DACs etc!  I am very appreciative of all of your hard work here.

However, I am growing more and more confused as this all progresses.  I don't think I'm alone.  I know it's the nature of the project, and you guys are still figuring everything out as well.  Cool.  I understand.

But for a long time I have felt that it would be nice to have an official step by step guide (perhaps a sticky, or better yet, something on the main Bitshares website by itself) for people like myself who need a little guidance reclaiming all of our stakes in current / future DACs.  I know full marketing of the project hasn't really hapened yet.  Maybe it already exists and I just haven't found it?  There's a lot of info scattered all over the place here.  This thread has been somewhat helpful, but is not complete.  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1425.0;all

I have had all of my PTS stored in my personal wallet since Day 1.  Since then I reclaimed my BTSX, and then my DNS.  I never reclaimed LottoShares as the (unofficial) project kind of fell through.  After BTSX -> BTS, I downloaded the latest BTS (0.4.24) client and my original PTS wallet imported just fine.  My DNS and BTSX / BTS wallets are registered.  But, I was under the impression that after the switch from BTSX -> BTS that I would be able to import my DNS / KeyID into that wallet as well.  Has that not happened yet? 

Wasn't I supposed to get more BTS after the dilution or something?  Should I have imported my BTSX and PTS wallet into the new BTS wallet?  I bought a few more DNS on BTER but wasn't able to get them out in time.  I hear they will be handling that switch for me (hopefully).  I just want to make sure that all the needed BTS are in my current wallet because I thought there was a BTS snapshot coming up or something and I wanted to make sure that I had all my BTS in that wallet.  I know Bitshares Music / Voting / Play are still on the way.  Are those based on PTS or BTS snapshots?  I know there are a couple of unofficial DACs like Rand Paul Coin, but I'm mostly worried about the more official Bitshares releases here.

Is there anything I haven't done that will keep me from getting all of the coin stakes that I should have from being an early PTS adopter?

I know that there's another switch for current PTS holders coming up.  Is that official?  www(DOT)reddit(DOT)com/r/BitShares/comments/2ntjq6/ann_bitshares_pts_mandatory_client_upgrade/

I'm just generally confused now.  It would just be really cool for someone to say something like "Ok, I too bought PTS on day one, and then I reclaimed them here... here... and here to get all of my entitled stakes in each blockchain".  Step 1, 2, 3.  I'd be happy to send a few satoshis or something to anyone who could give me a good / straight answer if you leave me your address.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:13:00 pm by Wayne »