Author Topic: Say Hello To Stacey Everyone  (Read 19983 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Toast,Cass and MethodX all provided tons of github,graphic work or demonstrated a great understanding of marketing. It (at least for me) was very easy to see the value of any of these players very quickly. I not only encourage but applaud anyone who does anything big or small as a volunteer.I do feel that volunteer's VS paid delegates should be held to different standards and that it is important to know who is what so that we as a community can accurately judge the work said person is or isn't doing. With MethodX having a delegate(which I supported and he is doing a great job) I felt it was important for it to be known if delegate funds were being used for this idea. It lets all of us as shareholders vote on delegates that provide value to the system, whether through development of code, graphical design, or and other skill deemed useful.

Ok, I finally understand your point now. Yes this is a very valid concern to have and something I never even considered the OP could be interpreted as. She is not being paid for this. It's legitimately a fun project the me and Stacey want to work on. We have two videos planned and nothing beyond that.

Some of the fault is mine. I have a hard time communicating ideas through text. Maybe because I work with sometimes less the ethical people on a daily basis this makes me a bit jaded and suspicious of everyone. I my line of work if it is completely spelled out that something is free it is assumed it is a paid job. So lets start again.

Welcome Stacy any and all help you can provide would be wonderful. Their is a huge opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor and help us spread our message. I am nothing less then thrilled for anyone who is willing to volunteer any skills or time. 

FYI I completely disagree on the micromanaging reference. It is one thing to micromanage, It is another to know how and where a delegate spends money. By understanding how/where delegates spend money we as a community can judge the effectiveness of said delegate and their initiatives. How can you expect to judge a delegate if you don't know where their funds go? 

Offline jae208

• View Profile

How do we expect to attract top talent if you guys hit them with a cold water hose right out of the gate?

This thread is starting to embarrass me.

Agreed. Some of these same people are wondering why they're still single, and why there aren't many women in this field. Hmmm...

For the same reasons there aren't many women in STEM fields. I don't know what they are I just think it is the same reasons.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Toast,Cass and MethodX all provided tons of github,graphic work or demonstrated a great understanding of marketing. It (at least for me) was very easy to see the value of any of these players very quickly. I not only encourage but applaud anyone who does anything big or small as a volunteer.I do feel that volunteer's VS paid delegates should be held to different standards and that it is important to know who is what so that we as a community can accurately judge the work said person is or isn't doing. With MethodX having a delegate(which I supported and he is doing a great job) I felt it was important for it to be known if delegate funds were being used for this idea. It lets all of us as shareholders vote on delegates that provide value to the system, whether through development of code, graphical design, or and other skill deemed useful.

Ok, I finally understand your point now. Yes this is a very valid concern to have and something I never even considered the OP could be interpreted as. She is not being paid for this. It's legitimately a fun project the me and Stacey want to work on. We have two videos planned and nothing beyond that.
My perspective on this is that the blockchain hired you to use your best judgment to increase its value.  If that judgment includes subcontracting and hiring people the stakeholders don't know or trust, go for it.  You're hired to manage those details so they don't have to.  If the shareholders micromanage every detail of what you're doing, there's no value in having you at all.  If you persistently abuse that, or show yourself to be ineffective, you'll lose your position.  Until that happens, we get the best return out of you by minimizing the friction and drag we apply to your efforts by questioning every detail (constructive feedback is different).

That said, getting things done by finding partners willing to work for nothing but reputation building and fun is even more efficient.

*applause*

Well said!  People really need to balance this concern of being screwed over for a few dollars versus the needs of people working.  When BTS is able to pay people far more than they are worth and people start being paid market wages ... THEN it is time to be all concerned.  That time is not now.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

My perspective on this is that the blockchain hired you to use your best judgment to increase its value.  If that judgment includes subcontracting and hiring people the stakeholders don't know or trust, go for it.  You're hired to manage those details so they don't have to.  If the shareholders micromanage every detail of what you're doing, there's no value in having you at all.  If you persistently abuse that, or show yourself to be ineffective, you'll lose your position.  Until that happens, we get the best return out of you by minimizing the friction and drag we apply to your efforts by questioning every detail (constructive feedback is different).

That said, getting things done by finding partners willing to work for nothing but reputation building and fun is even more efficient.

*applause*
This +1
Spot on. Exactly my thoughts .

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

*applause*

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Im still waiting on delulo.... that is all I know.

The man is single, eloquent, thoughtful and has a high opinion of stacey :P
That is sweet of you fuzz! But that girl is out of my range ;)

Offline roselee

• View Profile
it that stacey herbert comoderator of max keiser?

welcome stacey....

Offline roselee

• View Profile
Delegate? How about we see how the first video does. This is just a fun thing we want to do and see what happens.
where can we see it?

Offline roselee

• View Profile
So this thread was the cause of the what-do-you-think-about Stacey discussion on the Mumble hangout today.

First things first, hello Stacey welcome and I hope you are a little thick skinned.

Secondly, the reaction on this thread are predictable from the way methodex worded the OP and the framing of the video, where even a part of the face was cut off, although that did show off just what a smashing blouse you have on. Obviously completely accidental and unintentional, but alas it also causes a certain type of unwanted reactions.

Thirdly, I do think it takes a bit of courage to put your face out there. Regrettably I also admit that I made sure the blond haired blue eyed members of the fair sex I managed to get interested in bitshares also hid their identities well not solely based on privacy concerns.

Last but most certainly not least, Methodex are you telling me that 99% of the crowd here is male? Juck, I'm outta here.
dont worry here are more girls then you think

Offline JoeyD

So this thread was the cause of the what-do-you-think-about Stacey discussion on the Mumble hangout today.

First things first, hello Stacey welcome and I hope you are a little thick skinned.

Secondly, the reaction on this thread are predictable from the way methodex worded the OP and the framing of the video, where even a part of the face was cut off, although that did show off just what a smashing blouse you have on. Obviously completely accidental and unintentional, but alas it also causes a certain type of unwanted reactions.

Thirdly, I do think it takes a bit of courage to put your face out there. Regrettably I also admit that I made sure the blond haired blue eyed members of the fair sex I managed to get interested in bitshares also hid their identities well not solely based on privacy concerns.

Last but most certainly not least, Methodex are you telling me that 99% of the crowd here is male? Juck, I'm outta here.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Why force such discussions at the beginning?  You can't even begin to do it until you know what she is doing and what she wants to be paid.  So I don't think it should be spelled out at this point. 

Once she actually does stuff and wants to be paid then we start having that discussion.  I'm completely at a loss why people approach things in this manner.  It doesn't seem productive.  At all.

+1

I don't remember having these kinds of preemptively-critical discussions about Toast, MethodX, Cass or any of our most valuable forum members. 

Each one of them pitched in and had developed a valued reputation long before deciding to run for delegate.  This is the standard mechanism we advise for most high potential new talent - prove your worth, get some support from another trusted delegate, then run for full-time office.  Perhaps some people with established reputations can take a shorter path, but I don't think it's necessary to preemptively interrogate everybody entering the pipeline unless and until they become a candidate.

So why are we picking on this particular person who may or may not be embarking on a similar trajectory?   

How do we expect to attract top talent if you guys hit them with a cold water hose right out of the gate?

I never assume anything is free unless its clearly stated and maybe that's the cornerstone of the issue here.

A simple reply of she is volunteering for now to show her skill set would have be a great simple answer.Since it has been answered I am all for her giving it a go. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Its funny how 2 people can look at the same thing completely differently, This thread is a shinning example of how chivalry is not dead ;)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So, this might be a good place to bump my pre-historic (June) motivational graphic for why anyone would want to put up with all this torment ...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4821.msg62779#msg62779
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

If people succeed in chasing her off TonyK and I will be opening up a virtual charm school where you people can go and learn to be the next Bitshares spokesperson.

Offline mira

• View Profile
It's sad but who didn't see this coming? I talked with Methodx before he posted this thread and he assured me she could take it.  I guess we'll see.

No doubt Methodx is savvy enough to know full well the sorts of reactions it would elicit, (which is a strong point in it's favor as marketing anyway - and as he's written several times here controversy is a great marketing tool) and wouldn't have involved her if he wasn't confident she could roll with the punches. 

I just think this is an opportunity for people to think about what kind of diversity DO THEY REALLY WANT in this BitShares ecosystem?  The answer to that will greatly affect how they treat new participants.

Offline mira

• View Profile
I mean really, she's actually willing to put her face, her whole person out there for public view and criticism...?  How many of you gripers would be willing to do that?

I will... (face-wise. As for personality-wise, I am all out there in the public eye)

but I am handsom...so it does not count  :)

“Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
  ― Soren Kierkegaard

Offline fuzzy

Im still waiting on delulo.... that is all I know.

The man is single, eloquent, thoughtful and has a high opinion of stacey :P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Mine has been published many times and is even in my profile.

It's sad but who didn't see this coming? I talked with Methodx before he posted this thread and he assured me she could take it.  I guess we'll see.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I mean really, she's actually willing to put her face, her whole person out there for public view and criticism...?  How many of you gripers would be willing to do that?

yhea .. that is hell of a statement! .. I wonder how many of the delegates have published their identity?!

disclaimer: mine can be figured out quite easily though I haven't posted it in this forum  8)

zerosum

I will... (face-wise). As for personality-wise, I am all out there in the public eye/ for the public beating.

but I am handsome (Brad Pitt-ish, but 1/2 his age)... so it does not count  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 03:02:45 am by tonyk2 »

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline mira

• View Profile
So why are we picking on this particular person who may or may not be embarking on a similar trajectory?   

I could write an entire thesis on "why," but will refrain.

+5%

It's disappointing.  Rather than feeling like I want to get more fellow women involved in BitShares, it has me more inclined to warn them off forum involvement.

Agreed. Some of these same people are wondering why they're still single, and why there aren't many women in this field. Hmmm...
+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Why force such discussions at the beginning?  You can't even begin to do it until you know what she is doing and what she wants to be paid.  So I don't think it should be spelled out at this point. 

Once she actually does stuff and wants to be paid then we start having that discussion.  I'm completely at a loss why people approach things in this manner.  It doesn't seem productive.  At all.

+1

I don't remember having these kinds of preemptively-critical discussions about Toast, MethodX, Cass or any of our most valuable forum members. 

Each one of them pitched in and had developed a valued reputation long before deciding to run for delegate.  This is the standard mechanism we advise for most high potential new talent - prove your worth, get some support from another trusted delegate, then run for full-time office.  Perhaps some people with established reputations can take a shorter path, but I don't think it's necessary to preemptively interrogate everybody entering the pipeline unless and until they become a candidate.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Look, attempting to guilt some dude into Bitshares because some chick on YouTube gave him spank bank material is not going to do what you want it to in the cryptocommunity. Reaching out beyond the cryptocommunity in this fashion will also fail. This is a serious thing with serious implications in the long term for all of us and potentially the world. Enticing boners to Bitshares is juvenile and retarded. This isn't your WoW guild or BF3 clan we are recruiting for.  We are attempting to disrupt and replace Wall St., ForEx, Remittence, etc. Basically the entire global currency network and structure is just beyond Bitshares fingertips.  It may take a few years just to touch that area legitimately and maybe a decade before there is any real grasp.  A token figurehead appealing to sex deprived men will achieve nothing. You know why? Because they are already here, as determined by a lot of your responses. I can hear the mouth breathing through the interwebs in this forum thread.

Let's try and keep this thing classy. No infomercials either(I was against that too)!

If she's really here to just use her educated experience by way of team MethodX, great. Welcome, I look forward to your contribution.

I was against that too..

I agree with your post. You make excellent points.

I also agree with your statement that it may take a decade or so before there is any real grasp. Who knows its possible it might take less, like 5 years or so.

Google wallet has been out for years and Apple pay just came out yet almost no one pays with their smartphone via NFC. Society at large isn't comfortable with alternative monies or methods of payment. At least not yet. In the meantime we should work on perfecting the technology and creating a niche community revolving around Bitshares.

Maybe we should also be more entrepreneurial and start businesses and services that accept BitUSD and such.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:48:24 am by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.

+5%

The reality is she talked about her portfolio on fiverr.  I'm not speaking to her financial situation, but she obviously doesn't mind doing this sort of work cheaply to receive exposure.  If she wants to have a few glasses of wine, produce a clip, and see how things go then more power to them!

If you are aspiring to this type of career Crypto is as good of a spot to start as any.  No reason to say she preemptively shouldn't be paid when no one has seen what she would produces or the pay rate.

I agree I just think it should be spelled out, is she looking for a job or isn't she? I think volunteers are great and this word was thrown around alot on the other forum. If she wants to get paid awesome, produce something that everyone feels is pay worthy (look at the guy that should up with the mobile wallet app) then she will get voted in right away no problem. The standards for a volunteer vs someone that is paid are completely different so its worth making the distinction.

So is she being paid or volunteering? Or does she plan to produce something for free and let the community weigh in and decide if she should be paid?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.

+5%

The reality is she talked about her portfolio on fiverr.  I'm not speaking to her financial situation, but she obviously doesn't mind doing this sort of work cheaply to receive exposure.  If she wants to have a few glasses of wine, produce a clip, and see how things go then more power to them!

If you are aspiring to this type of career Crypto is as good of a spot to start as any.  No reason to say she preemptively shouldn't be paid when no one has seen what she would produces or the pay rate.

I agree I just think it should be spelled out, is she looking for a job or isn't she? I think volunteers are great and this word was thrown around alot on the other forum. If she wants to get paid awesome, produce something that everyone feels is pay worthy (look at the guy that should up with the mobile wallet app) then she will get voted in right away no problem. The standards for a volunteer vs someone that is paid are completely different so its worth making the distinction.

So is she being paid or volunteering? Or does she plan to produce something for free and let the community weigh in and decide if she should be paid?   

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Look, attempting to guilt some dude into Bitshares because some chick on YouTube gave him spank bank material is not going to do what you want it to in the cryptocommunity. Reaching out beyond the cryptocommunity in this fashion will also fail. This is a serious thing with serious implications in the long term for all of us and potentially the world. Enticing boners to Bitshares is juvenile and retarded. This isn't your WoW guild or BF3 clan we are recruiting for.  We are attempting to disrupt and replace Wall St., ForEx, Remittence, etc. Basically the entire global currency network and structure is just beyond Bitshares fingertips.  It may take a few years just to touch that area legitimately and maybe a decade before there is any real grasp.  A token figurehead appealing to sex deprived men will achieve nothing. You know why? Because they are already here, as determined by a lot of your responses. I can hear the mouth breathing through the interwebs in this forum thread.

Let's try and keep this thing classy. No infomercials either(I was against that too)!

If she's really here to just use her educated experience by way of team MethodX, great. Welcome, I look forward to your contribution.

Groovy, you came to these conclusions from a simple hello from a new member.  Unless you're personally financing it, let's see what VOLUNTEER efforts develop. If you have a competing marketing effort, fantastic, we need different perspectives and people willing to execute on the ideas.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline onceuponatime

What marketing have you done?

Offline lakerta06

Also, judging by participation in this thread, I feel like they will succeed driving attention;)
+5%

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Honestly I have the strong feeling that we are overdiscussing this right now.
We haven't seen a single finished video. We don't pay her a delegate position. So what could be the worst to happen?

Also, judging by participation in this thread, I feel like they will succeed driving attention.  ;)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

cute sexy and nerdy? Those are generally the ones that are "undercover" :P

And Method-X has successfully 'uncovered' her. ;)

@Stacey, why don't you say a few words to everyone here?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

The best female spokesperson would be cute, sexy, and nerdy.  The girl you want to marry, not the girl you call after midnight.  More like the women on G4, and less like the women of GoDaddy. Obviously the wine drinking was just a harmless, fun intro, and not a serious marketing production.  I think she fits the bill.  Welcome aboard Stacey.

+5%   Bingo.  Let's hope Stacey doesn't receive proposals....

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The best female spokesperson would be cute, sexy, and nerdy.  The girl you want to marry, not the girl you call after midnight.  More like the women on G4, and less like the women of GoDaddy. Obviously the wine drinking was just a harmless, fun intro, and not a serious marketing production.  I think she fits the bill.  Welcome aboard Stacey.

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline Riverhead

Well I'd say marketing funds well spent, but do a more professional video next time. I have seen $5 fiverr videos that had more effort.
Hah. It was just a quick candid hello. Prefect.

You guys need to lighten up :).

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Well I'd say marketing funds well spent, but do a more professional video next time. I have seen $5 fiverr videos that had more effort.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

+5%

Offline GaltReport

Theres a reason why commercials have glooking girls.. avg joes say hey i want that..

We are blinded by symmetry
+5%

Offline davidpbrown

Theres a reason why commercials have glooking girls.. avg joes say hey i want that..

The inverse is also true though less obvious.. all marketing is appealing to what we want. The best marketing of course is that which makes obvious why everyone needs BitShares in their life. Only happy families own BitShares..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Hi there! Welcome to the community.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Just youtube the devcoin girl
to see how that experiment turned out

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Hi Stacey! Um...how are you? I...uhh...welcome!

(Just be cool nomoreheroes7, you've got this!)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Wtf is this?  Bringing a female into the forums will do absolutely squat. If she is planning on helping MethodX team,that's fine. If this is a feeler to get her her own delegate, whether 3 or 100% I will not support that based on just because she is a "female". 

Constantly looking off camera, drinking on camera and the "grab ass" clips at the end scream professional. /s  Not to mention the contrived Bitcoin/BitShares interest for over a year, yet she is just getting involved through a guy hat has been here for a couple months.

I hope you don't treat all new volunteers with such a friendly welcome.  It's great to see new faces joining the movement, let's see what's produced before we start raising pitchforks.

Don't worry, newmine is just your standard everyday grouch. He pops in to the forum to post something negative every now and then, but if you don't take him too seriously you'll find he's usually pretty easy to put up with.

Welcome, Stacey. Honestly, most of us are happy to see a new face around here. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline fuzzy

Nothing to loose I guess...
Hope the devs will not get distracted from coding to much...

lol... well played good sir, well played.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
a warm welcome from my side and enjoy the work. Fun is as important as money, so i hope you will get both from this project.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Nothing to loose I guess...
Hope the devs will not get distracted from coding to much...

Offline fuzzy

Delegate? How about we see how the first video does. This is just a fun thing we want to do and see what happens.

Apologies.  I must have misread something somewhere...

I think she is fun, pretty, and comfortable working as a public face.  That is my initial assessment.  I also agree that anyone willing to join up and give to the project without asking for anything in return should be applauded. 

Offline Riverhead

MetTHoDx was voted in as a 100% delegate to fund marketing efforts. Stacy is one such manifestation of such. I do not believe there was ever a thought of her becoming a delegate. She is of course welcome to campaign but that's a whole different thread.

We should also not be so quick to dismiss NewMine's opinion. While not a cheerleader for the project he does represent a demographic of the crypto community. Bringing in an attractive spokes model is not without its risks and could be seen as condescending. It's a fine line.

I'm a huge supporter of this initiative mostly because I trust MeTHoDx and his judgement. If he says Stacy is the woman for the job and will do us proud than I have every confidence she will.

It is important that we do not judge her more critically just because she is attractive and female.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
welcome to our community ,but personally I would not vote for her until see some contribution for BTS ecosystem ,

She's not running for delegate; she's doing some work with Methodx to help BitShares. I say 'welcome' and 'thank you'.

Offline mira

• View Profile
I think it's more unsettling how some treat new people that enter the community. I could be wrong, that's just how I see it.  If someone wants to participate, let's give them a chance to show what they can do. I'm not about to crap in anyone's cereal that's looking to donate resources. We are still allowed to have a little fun around here, right? Different strokes for a different folks I guess.

this

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
welcome to our community ,and thank you  .but personally I would not vote for her until see some contribution for BTS ecosystem ,
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:59:18 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
[Back on topic...]

Hello Stacey.

Plan sounds reasonable to me.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:38:35 am by Method-X »

Offline fuzzy

I personally would not vote her in for a delegate right away, but I do think a female or two in the mix can be very beneficial.  Im not saying its fair (trust me on that), but just being a lady makes her a very powerful potential ally when reaching out to a largely untapped demographic, but her being pleasing to the eyes also brings more attention from our current base. 

Again not saying it is fair, but I think it is worth considering.

I do, however, think the drinking on cam might be a problem with some people...though I laughed when she said "Happy Thursday"...lol...actually still chuckling.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:45:53 am by fuzzy »

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Wtf is this?  Bringing a female into the forums will do absolutely squat. If she is planning on helping MethodX team,that's fine. If this is a feeler to get her her own delegate, whether 3 or 100% I will not support that based on just because she is a "female". 

Constantly looking off camera, drinking on camera and the "grab ass" clips at the end scream professional. /s  Not to mention the contrived Bitcoin/BitShares interest for over a year, yet she is just getting involved through a guy hat has been here for a couple months.

The community isn't stupid... there's no way she would get a delegate just because she posted a video of her drinking wine.  At least I hope not.

Kind of unsettling how all of a sudden the bitshare's leaders drop their professionalism to subtly hit on the first girl showing them interest.

I think it's more unsettling how some treat new people that enter the community. I could be wrong, that's just how I see it.  If someone wants to participate, let's give them a chance to show what they can do. I'm not about to crap in anyone's cereal that's looking to donate resources. We are still allowed to have a little fun around here, right? Different strokes for a different folks I guess.
=============

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

The community isn't stupid... there's no way she would get a delegate just because she posted a video of her drinking wine.  At least I hope not.

Kind of unsettling how all of a sudden the bitshare's leaders drop their professionalism to subtly hit on the first girl showing them interest.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Lol. If all your input wasn't 99% negative, I might take you half seriously...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Question is... how many drinks did it take? lol jk

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

I hope you don't treat all new volunteers with such a friendly welcome.  It's great to see new faces joining the movement, let's see what's produced before we start raising pitchforks.
=============

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline lakerta06

If this thread is a representative subset of the general crypto-community, I say our market cap will double with the first video  ;D

Offline yellowecho

Awesome, welcome Stacey!!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline emailtooaj

+5%

She'll be a great addition to the BitShares community!!

Looking forward to what you guys come up with. Anything set to push before end of 2014?

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I think a female face like hers would attract a lot of attention from the crypto community (99% male).

Face?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Great work Method-X & Stacey!

Looking forward to more videos soon.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Welcome Stacey! This is a great idea  +5%

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
She seems like the perfect choice.

+5%

Very excited for this.

Offline GaltReport

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

I'm too old and sophisticated
to be influenced by such tactics.
So I'm afraid I'll only be able to make time for one
maybe two
hundred interviews.

Offline davidpbrown

Quote from: Competitors
No Fair... thats cheating!   Everyone knows there are no hot girls in crypto!

Methinks Stacy Herbert is hot but perhaps that doesn't count.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Lol .. unfair advantage ..

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

It's the art of war! :P

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
+5%

Very personable, pretty and she's a presenter that has an interest in crypto, great!
I can definitely see her being able to put BitShares across in an intelligent yet entertaining & approachable way.  She seems like the perfect choice.  Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
agreed .. +5%

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I liked the attempted boob grab at the end of the video

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
When she said "I've been into Bitcoin since the beginning" she meant since it became popular last year by the way. She'll have my script so no worries on the technicals.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:39:52 pm by Method-X »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
 +5%

Very personable, pretty and she's a presenter that has an interest in crypto, great!
I can definitely see her being able to put BitShares across in an intelligent yet entertaining & approachable way.  She seems like the perfect choice.  Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Welcome on board Stacey  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline onceuponatime

XXXXXXX
To
me
Dec 7 at 11:35 PM

Wouldn't want to offend anyone but she sounds like a "valley talk" airhead to me. I guess it's just sorta like you know me.

Me
To
XXXXXXX

Yes, the script is going to be all important. She is perfect to get past the bitcoin-centric defenses of the "nerds" MetHodX wants to target first (99% males).

He wants to target them first because they are clearly the only ones who can deal with the user-unfriendly wallet before v1.0 is ready.

Her looks and bubbly personality will lower their defenses, then the right message in the script can penetrate.

zerosum

She is a bit more beatifull than me (check my avatar or search for Shakira on the net), which is somewhat discomforting... but we girls should support each other, like totally.

So, Stacey welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:51:08 am by tonyk2 »

Offline fuzzy

Any opinions Delulo? :P

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Welcome aboard, Stacey! She will be a great spokesperson. Let's help her videos go viral!

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPYu2aQtlw

This is Stacey. She's a close friend and we're going to collaborate on a few videos intended on penetrating the /r/Bitcoin hive mind. I think I've come up with a great way to frame bitshares and with Stacey as the presenter, I'm hopeful it will get lots of upvotes and shares. When she says "I've been into Bitcoin from the beginning" she means since it got popular last year.

Support the initiative 100%.
=============

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPYu2aQtlw

This is one of my closest and most trusted friends. Her name is Stacey, she's into crypto and she would love to do a video on getting hired by the blockchain. I think a female face like hers would attract a lot of attention from the crypto community (99% male). We'll begin working on the video around mid December. She also wants to do more if this goes over well. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:42:45 am by Method-X »