Author Topic: Say Hello To Stacey Everyone  (Read 19962 times)

Offline lakerta06

Also, judging by participation in this thread, I feel like they will succeed driving attention;)
+5%

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Honestly I have the strong feeling that we are overdiscussing this right now.
We haven't seen a single finished video. We don't pay her a delegate position. So what could be the worst to happen?

Also, judging by participation in this thread, I feel like they will succeed driving attention.  ;)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Look, attempting to guilt some dude into Bitshares because some chick on YouTube gave him spank bank material is not going to do what you want it to in the cryptocommunity. Reaching out beyond the cryptocommunity in this fashion will also fail. This is a serious thing with serious implications in the long term for all of us and potentially the world. Enticing boners to Bitshares is juvenile and retarded. This isn't your WoW guild or BF3 clan we are recruiting for.  We are attempting to disrupt and replace Wall St., ForEx, Remittence, etc. Basically the entire global currency network and structure is just beyond Bitshares fingertips.  It may take a few years just to touch that area legitimately and maybe a decade before there is any real grasp.  A token figurehead appealing to sex deprived men will achieve nothing. You know why? Because they are already here, as determined by a lot of your responses. I can hear the mouth breathing through the interwebs in this forum thread.

Let's try and keep this thing classy. No infomercials either(I was against that too)!

If she's really here to just use her educated experience by way of team MethodX, great. Welcome, I look forward to your contribution.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

cute sexy and nerdy? Those are generally the ones that are "undercover" :P

And Method-X has successfully 'uncovered' her. ;)

@Stacey, why don't you say a few words to everyone here?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

The best female spokesperson would be cute, sexy, and nerdy.  The girl you want to marry, not the girl you call after midnight.  More like the women on G4, and less like the women of GoDaddy. Obviously the wine drinking was just a harmless, fun intro, and not a serious marketing production.  I think she fits the bill.  Welcome aboard Stacey.

+5%   Bingo.  Let's hope Stacey doesn't receive proposals....
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The best female spokesperson would be cute, sexy, and nerdy.  The girl you want to marry, not the girl you call after midnight.  More like the women on G4, and less like the women of GoDaddy. Obviously the wine drinking was just a harmless, fun intro, and not a serious marketing production.  I think she fits the bill.  Welcome aboard Stacey.

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline Riverhead

Well I'd say marketing funds well spent, but do a more professional video next time. I have seen $5 fiverr videos that had more effort.
Hah. It was just a quick candid hello. Prefect.

You guys need to lighten up :).

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Well I'd say marketing funds well spent, but do a more professional video next time. I have seen $5 fiverr videos that had more effort.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.

+5%

The reality is she talked about her portfolio on fiverr.  I'm not speaking to her financial situation, but she obviously doesn't mind doing this sort of work cheaply to receive exposure.  If she wants to have a few glasses of wine, produce a clip, and see how things go then more power to them!

If you are aspiring to this type of career Crypto is as good of a spot to start as any.  No reason to say she preemptively shouldn't be paid when no one has seen what she would produces or the pay rate.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

Theres a reason why commercials have glooking girls.. avg joes say hey i want that..

We are blinded by symmetry
+5%

Offline davidpbrown

Theres a reason why commercials have glooking girls.. avg joes say hey i want that..

The inverse is also true though less obvious.. all marketing is appealing to what we want. The best marketing of course is that which makes obvious why everyone needs BitShares in their life. Only happy families own BitShares..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline davidpbrown

Alot of great ideas have come from nullstreet but I don't believe this is one of them.
To take someone that isn't well known to the crypto scene and try to integrate them and give them a voice and audience will be time consuming and pricey.It just doesn't make sense to me to try and take a unknown, educate her and help her grow a audience when their are many experienced people that would do the same job but don't have a pretty face. I mean this as delicately as possible but her best feature is that she is attractive.Her speaking skills don't appear to be wonderful and she doesn't poses a huge knowledge of crypto. Of all the idea's that have been brought up on nullstreet I just don't think this one is good enough to throw funds at.

Now with the above being said if she is donating her time and doesn't plan to run a delegate or receive any funds from delegates then welcome aboard volunteers are not only welcomed but appreciated :)   

I wonder you mistake the reality of marketing to a wider audience. Marketing is largely about dumbing down and making the product real and accessible. That isn't science - it's art. Most advertising is scripted by those who do understand the product to depth. Also, worth baring in mind that one approach will not catch all, so we need do need to push on all fronts.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc