Author Topic: Thunderclap Campaign #2 - Development & Brainstorming  (Read 4120 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Draft of the message that would be tweeted:

Here's your chance to be one of the first people in history to be employed directly by the #blockchain AND get #paidbyprotocol.

+5%
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Draft of the message that would be tweeted:

Here's your chance to be one of the first people in history to be employed directly by the #blockchain AND get #paidbyprotocol.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:31:44 pm by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i am a fan of humor so why not take something from a good movie!

"Crowdhiring - I'll be back!
If you want to live work for the blockchain!
Get #terminatorpaysyou

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I don't like the "it's a thing" .. sounds like .. hey believe me if I tell you ..

why not have a "headline":
BitShares is crowdhiring!
or
crowdhiring! powered by bitshares

or simply:
   Crowdhiring: Open positions
     .. on the blockchain
     .. #paidby protocol

or the otherway round switching the last two lines

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
You can't crowdhire yourself.....the crowd has to hire you

I do like the 'Crowdhiring, yeah its a thing' slogan, and it fits with the rest of the logo.  Crowdhire yourself is an oxymoron, and IMO, sounds dumb saying it.

I agree.  +5%

Much nicer  8)
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I do like the 'Crowdhiring, yeah its a thing' slogan, and it fits with the rest of the logo.  Crowdhire yourself is an oxymoron, and IMO, sounds dumb saying it.

I agree.  +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
We'll need a 1-2 sentence description of BitShares, here's my draft, and I'd love to know what you all think:

BitShares is a technology & toolkit striving to enable freedom through solutions for: finance, music, voting, insurance, & much MUCH more.

BitShares is a blockchain protocol, a software toolkit, a delegated proof of stake network and unit of account.  BitShares builds efficient, secure and profitable solutions for finance, direct democracy, the distribution of digital media, insurance, gaming and so much more.  BitShares strives to realize the awesome potential that trust in the blockchain can unleash.

probably a bit to wordy and long.  so hard to condense bitshares into a single crystaline idea :)

Offline matt608

• View Profile

I agree.  +5%

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

We'll need a 1-2 sentence description of BitShares, here's my draft, and I'd love to know what you all think:

BitShares is a technology & toolkit striving to enable freedom through solutions for: finance, music, voting, insurance, & much MUCH more.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Step 1 is developing a photo for the campaign with built in potential virality (i.e. a catchy #hashtag)  Cass and I have been working together to develop this image and are looking for feedback.

Feast your eyes on this and let me know what you think.

This is really very good, hard to improve upon  +5% +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
#tryhonestbanking
#oppositeofcentralbanking
#trustlessbanking
#trustblockchainnotbanking
#believeinblockchain
#BitShares,BelieveinBlockchain

I like the 2 Ben mentioned:
#tryhonestbanking
#honestbanking

What about #bankingrevolution ?

Some others
#beyourownbank
#bankingfreedom

I think it's important to note that this isn't just a solution for banking.  BitShares is a toolkit to provide solutions for finance, music, insurance, voting, and more

absolutely, very good point. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Step 1 is developing a photo for the campaign with built in potential virality (i.e. a catchy #hashtag)  Cass and I have been working together to develop this image and are looking for feedback.

Feast your eyes on this and let me know what you think.

Awesome work as usual ... I like it alot...  +5% +5%

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

It should also be important to note, the target audience of this specific campaign is the cryptosphere, i.e. people already involved with Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies. 

We want to utilize this campaign to begin chipping away at bringing them into the BitShares ecosystem by demonstrating BitShares is complimentary to their success.  They just need a taste, the rest will follow.

I think what may work well for this is a use-case.  An example of how its been done before.  Off the top of my head - we have some super talented people that were once volunteering time and are now 100% pay delegates (Toast, Cass, & Method-X among others) because of the future value they've already brought into the system and the future value that WE as a community believe in, and are investing in.

Would anyone be willing to help write that narrative/story?  Maybe one of the guys above can describe their experience and the process?