Author Topic: BitReserve article on CoinTelegarh na R/bitcoin  (Read 2272 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Flavor of the week. Creates panic of the week. Where the hell's our client? What happened to marketing? Someone's stealing our thunder! OMG, OMG, OMG. For historical reference, see NuBits, Ethereum, OpenBazaar, CounterParty, NXT, et al. None of which have amounted to shit yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:10:55 pm by donkeypong »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I think it's not so bad. It would let us say "bitshares bitUSD is like bitreserve, only decentralized. Also it has been around longer."

That's my thinking as well.  The question is how do we effectively communicate it.  Just because we were first doesn't mean the market will give us credit.

It also doesn't matter if your first and no one has ever heard of you.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
See this is what bitshares has to do we need to create stories on popular sites by contacting media people.

Offline onceuponatime

I think it's not so bad. It would let us say "bitshares bitUSD is like bitreserve, only decentralized. Also it has been around longer."

Halsy Minor's video was very polished. Him handling those physical bars of gold and showing how heavy they are is very emotionally appealing to the gold bug crowd, which contains many crypto people.

And purchasing his plane ticket on line. brilliant. Very professional video. There are big bucks going into their marketing. People are going to overlook/forget how centralized, risky, and really anti the original bitcoin philosophy it is.i

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

That's my thinking as well.  The question is how do we effectively communicate it.  Just because we were first doesn't mean the market will give us credit.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
"Like all of Bitreserve cards, Bitoil will be easily spent anywhere that accepts bitcoin. The potential effects that this will have on oil, essentially changing it from a commodity to a sort of hybrid currency that also has real life applications, has yet to be seen.

Bitreserve Founder and CEO Halsey Minor will be speaking at the Bitcoin Conference in Dubai next week about Bitoil. Presumably, he will let more details slip then."

BitReserve are trying to steal our thunder. I think we need that 1.0 and marketing push within the next 6 months so we can get in there and duke it out.