Author Topic: Too many missed and forked blocks due to new wallet  (Read 16936 times)

Offline CalabiYau

I am downgrading to v0.4.25-RC2 right now, hope it works.

v0.4.26 has already been released.

Good news - so let`s try this one  8)

Offline Riverhead

oh great, thanks I didn't see a notification from the update thread.

They're still doing internal testing. No official announcement yet.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

oh great, thanks I didn't see a notification from the update thread.

Offline CalabiYau

v0.4.25-RC2 - re-downloaded chain, no way to sync, hanging on every new start after some seconds...

Offline Riverhead

Check your info screen. Mine looked like it was all good but it actually stopped at a block six hours old. blockchain_list_delegates was showing the * moving around but no blocks were being produced...or at least it wasn't showing in my list due to hung sync. The sync was on the correct chain (verified by drltc's posted hash).

So, stay on your toes.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
DOWNGRADE ALL that have v0.4.25 to v0.4.25-RC2

check the latest post from the devs
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg161312#msg161312

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
the OP needs to be updated to reflect this, most of this thread is talking about how they need to UPGRADE not DOWNGRADE. Maybe even a mod needs to 'cross out' these, and say on every post 'PLEASE DOWNGRADE' or something like that...

What a mess.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
0.4.26 will force everyone onto the minority fork because 0.4.25 has bad validation logic.

So the sooner we we have consensus on a working version (0.4.25-RC2 ?) the fewer reversed transactions there will be.

Exchanges were alerted to stop deposits/withdrawals a long time ago.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vikram

All users who haven't upgraded to the pre-release are on the minority fork. 

All delegates should downgrade to the last (Hot Fix) 0.4.24.1 immediately to rejoin the majority of users and start confirming that network.   

0.4.25-RC2 had an intractable issue.

Vikram knows the details.   We are working on a new upgrade but want to get the network back to a stable condition for users as soon as possible.   

All valid transactions have been applied to both networks.

Downgrading to 0.4.24 from 0.4.25 will likely be problematic due to the LevelDB upgrade that occurred, although at least one member reported success.

0.4.25-RC2 had an issue with wallet backup imports but is sufficient to continue operating the chain until 0.4.26 is released.

Please see details here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg161312#msg161312

and what about short recovers we made on v0.4.25 ?
(in general transactions that have made the last hours with this version?)

They may have been applied to the minority fork as they were propagated through the network; it is possible that they were not and will be reverted if they did not get into a block.

Offline vikram

are you testing us?

It doesn't make sense to me...
are we not with 82% participation with v0.4.25?

Why downgrade?
At least explain!

PS  How can I know you are not kidnapped and you post this because you have a gun pointing on you ?

Participation is high because most delegates have upgraded. Most shareholders have not upgraded and are operating on the minority fork with low participation. To protect the shareholders, we request delegates to switch back to the minority fork. Please see my post here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg161312#msg161312

I am happy to have Toast and Bytemaster confirm (or whatever proof you want) that I am not being coerced.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

All delegates should downgrade to the last (Hot Fix) 0.4.24.1 immediately to rejoin the majority of users and start confirming that network.   

Vikram knows the details.   We are working on a new upgrade but want to get the network back to a stable condition for users as soon as possible.   

Downgrading to 0.4.24 from 0.4.25 will likely be problematic due to the LevelDB upgrade that occurred, although at least one member reported success.

0.4.25-RC2 had an issue with wallet backup imports but is sufficient to continue operating the chain until 0.4.26 is released.

Please see details here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.msg161312#msg161312

and what about short recovers we made on v0.4.25 ?
(in general transactions that have made the last hours with this version?)

Offline vikram

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Actually all 0.4.24.1 clients are on the minority a fork, as well as 0.4.25-RC1 clients.
0.4.25 ones are on another fork..
I don't know 0.4.25-RC2 though.

okay, I am confused.  :-X
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:06:12 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit