Author Topic: Breaking DNS  (Read 1412 times)

Offline davidpbrown

BitShares would not be the target. Blockchain technology takes the place of third party authority, so any existing third party authority may feel threatened by all cryptochains. The music industry is one third party and you see PeerTracks' ambitions; banks and even Government may worry but I expect utility will win through. I worry more that simple DDOS attacks on delegates could cause problems.. I'm not sure what plan there is to ensure the network is robust against that, 101 is a small number and then easy target. Perhaps by the time it becomes a problem we'll have distributed DNS that is beyond ISPs?.. Perhaps the risk of distributed DNS is why they are attacking it now?.. Ye old traditional are always an albatross.. better to put efforts into moving forward that spending too much time worrying about them.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Sony leaks reveal Hollywood is trying to break DNS, the backbone of the internet
A leaked legal memo reveals a plan for blacklisting pirate sites at the ISP level.

Makes me wonder if bitshares could be vulnerable to this sort of thing as it becomes a threat to traditional banking.

Just an idea
M