Author Topic: Let's activate the last BitFiat market  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Markus

• View Profile
... If you subtract some countries that are basically just selling off their resources, ...

In spite of this I would like to keep BitAUD :)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
 +5% cheers 4 south korea people in
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
BitKRW definitely belongs on our list. For its blend of a large economy, tech-savvy population, nearly universal High Speed Internet, highly educated and banked population, and a lot of Koreans living abroad, South Korea is a rare market.

South Korea (Republic of Korea) has one of the largest economies in the world. If you subtract some countries that are basically just selling off their resources, it easily makes the Top 10 (and this is a country that basically has very few natural resources, so that's how industrious they are). It also ranks VERY high in surveys of the most high tech countries in the world, often placing between #2 and #4 on that list. There may well be more Koreans connected by High Speed Internet than any other group in the world. With all the Korean people living in other countries, such as the United States, Japan, and Canada, money transfers should be a big business. This is a highly educated, comparatively wealthy, highly tech-savvy population.

Bonus: there are a good number of Filipino workers in Korea. They get paid in KRW. When Underwood gets his remittance thing going...

Source: Lived there.

You're right. There's a good potential in Korean market. Also, there are some exchanges interested in BitUSD and BitKRW.
So... stay tuned  ;D
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
BitKRW definitely belongs on our list. For its blend of a large economy, tech-savvy population, nearly universal High Speed Internet, highly educated and banked population, and a lot of Koreans living abroad, South Korea is a rare market.

South Korea (Republic of Korea) has one of the largest economies in the world. If you subtract some countries that are basically just selling off their resources, it easily makes the Top 10 (and this is a country that basically has very few natural resources, so that's how industrious they are). It also ranks VERY high in surveys of the most high tech countries in the world, often placing between #2 and #4 on that list. There may well be more Koreans connected by High Speed Internet than any other group in the world. With all the Korean people living in other countries, such as the United States, Japan, and Canada, money transfers should be a big business. This is a highly educated, comparatively wealthy, highly tech-savvy population.

Bonus: there are a good number of Filipino workers in Korea. They get paid in KRW. When Underwood gets his remittance thing going...

Source: Lived there.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:05:09 pm by donkeypong »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
I believe people in Korea use it every day, and there are millions of them :)

+5%
delegate-clayop

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Is KRW widely used? USD, EUR, CNY makes sense - but KRW?

I believe people in Korea use it every day, and there are millions of them :)

When a market freezes you can still buy or sell, only shorting becomes impossible. I'm not suggesting that's an excuse to drop feeds once they're up.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
The market is down with 50 feeds. If you are a delegate and are not publishing KRW, please consider to do it.

Every delegate should know that if a feed for an asset is published once he/she should keep publishing it.
A delegate shouldn't stop an active market unless there is a reason.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

You're right, KRW is less widely used than USD, EUR, and CNY. However, this does not justify that delegates do not need to publish KRW. There's a market and someone wants to use it.
delegate-clayop

sumantso

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
The market is down with 50 feeds. If you are a delegate and are not publishing KRW, please consider to do it.
delegate-clayop

Offline ozvic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: trev
Ha .. fixed it during my stay in sydney ;)

You can pull my latest commit .. will publish price for krw too

But yhea .. communication with me will be difficult for the next 3 weeks ... vacation in australia ::)

G'day xeroc, enjoy your stay in oz, mate! Summer down under, lots of beaches, babes, barbies and flies! Hope you're ready for a stinker! (ie. hot)

By the way, you're on a "holiday" .. no such thing as a "vacation" down here. ;)

A short Aussie story..
A story about mateship. Sheila didn't come home one night. When Bruce asked her where she'd been she said she spent the night at a girl friend's house. Bruce was a bit suspicious she'd been rooting around so rang her ten closest friends, but none of them had seen her.
Next week Bruce didn't come home one night. Sheila asks him where the hell he'd been. Bruce says he got a bit drunk at a mate's place and thought it was safer not to drive and crash out there. Sheila thinks he's been rooting around so rings his ten best mates. Eight of them say he spent the night there and two claim he's still there.

Offline wackou

Publishing it too, now, alongside all BitFiat assets. This is also part of the bts_tools feeds publishing module, will release a new version in a few days but it is already available on github (see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11857.0)
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

But yhea .. communication with me will be difficult for the next 3 weeks ... vacation in australia ::)
+5%
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Those who are using emski's script, please update it.

Xeroc is unavailable for several week... after he comes back, I will ask him to update his python script as well.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile