Author Topic: In light of recent events, can we have an audit of the official marketing team?  (Read 9844 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
With the network outage today I am actually quite happy that the marketing push has not happened yet.

Get 1.0 first - and get it soon.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What amazes me is that "Satoshi Nakamoto" was able to do what "I3" can't. And that is, see a true anomaly in finance Pierce through Walls and barriers without worrying about who pays him for his contributions. Maybe early coins future wealth had him, or maybe altruism. I see neither here. I divest at a loss with a loss for further words....

This here alone shows you have no clue what you are talking about.  Bitshares is far far beyond the Bitcoin reference client.  If you are talking about adoption, then I'm not sure what your expectations are... or why.

Give me a mid level machine shop and I can make you a Model-T.  I can't make you a modern car.  Understand?

I know you love to show up anytime Charles H has to get his digs in and faces resistance, but you spew such absurdity that your comments are largely now irrelevant even to negative people such as myself.

As I believe Empirical pointed out, you might have more listeners around here if you weren't always 100% negative.  We'll see if you are truly at a loss for words. Hard to imagine that though...
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
All we need to know is what Brian and his team have been working on if anything.  We need to hear of what content has been created.  Obviously they have been developing things waiting for the 1.0 release and people from the community need to be shown this.

We don't need multiple people having access to their email and skype logs and other things.  We just need to see the work they have done in preparation.

We're not trying to uncover a crime.

This elaborate audit thing will just get us away from what is a quite simple situation.  Brian should be able to show all the work he has done in preperation.  If he can't, then remove his bonus program because it is obvious our donations are not going towards what was anticipated when people donated.  Then we re-appropriate the yet to be transferred donations to something that shows far more potential effectiveness and value.
+5%

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Wasn't he paid with community funds? Namely AGS?

There are no community funds. No strings attached donations.  I try to do the best by them, but it isn't always possible to know in advance who will deliver.

This makes me sick. You are Bitshares. We are Bitshares. We are a community whether you like it or not and our money is now your money. Just because you control the flow of money doesn't negate the fact at it was ours first. And it was OURS for you to do what WE agreed you would do.

I think you are ignoring the fact that AGS wasn't enough to keep you on BTSX alone, but you'd rather dilute BTSX holders in order for you to siphon off more theoretical money to keep you on the team you originally asked for money from.

In other words:
Hey bob, we have this cool product we can make. If you give us X amount of money, we can develope it... Oh Bob, Alice has offered X amount to help them, but we can still help you if you devalue your share by 20%. This way we get some of the 20% and then secure future income if we actually deliver.  Pay no mind to our original agreement and everything still sitting in "unmarked accounts". We never said we would maintain your network, we would just get it going. If we want to clone it and keep our team working we will do it under a different name. After all, we gave up $150K jobs at google (no offense Toast, should have never made that comment) and our output doesn't equate to anything remotely acceptable to the opportunity cost we forgave going in to this project. Of course that is excluding the multi millions of dollars you gave us to begin with. But you have no say in what we do with that money.  Just saying.

What amazes me is that "Satoshi Nakamoto" was able to do what "I3" can't. And that is, see a true anomaly in finance Pierce through Walls and barriers without worrying about who pays him for his contributions. Maybe early coins future wealth had him, or maybe altruism. I see neither here. I divest at a loss with a loss for further words....

Offline Markus

• View Profile
With the network outage today I am actually quite happy that the marketing push has not happened yet.

Get 1.0 first - and get it soon.

sumantso

Ok first of all this is not a community issue nor some great crime. 

This is my issue because I was the one who hired them. 

There will be no audit or committee.  It is my job to make the best of the situation.

Not an audit as such, just let a trusted member of the community and a look through and see if they have really got anything to show.

What are your thoughts on Bitreserve?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I would NOT alienate Brian. He still has some tricks up his sleeve and we will need them. Let him do what he does best and let other people do other things they can do better. Brian still has a part to play, perhaps a very important one as the 1.0 client debuts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:15:02 am by donkeypong »

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
I I think everyone just needs to relax... Obviously the crypto bear market is weighing on everyone. Bp is more of a regular guy trying to target regular people. It would make no sense if he started marketing bts to Joe six pack before 1.0... It would do much more damage if the main marketing push was going on while all these changes and forks are happening. How is bp suppose to constantly explain to people that network shutdowns, rebranding, air drops and that it takes 3 transactions to buy bts and 4 to buy bitusd is normal. U guys were all on board with his marketing strategy earlier and a from what I can tell the plan has been consistent.

I have strong thoughts on what could have been done prior, however, it doesn't help us today.  Nullstreet is pressing forward, BP is meeting with BM, Adam is updating the community and Method-X is requesting coordinating efforts with Adam.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12329.0

Let's start here.

+5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I I think everyone just needs to relax... Obviously the crypto bear market is weighing on everyone. Bp is more of a regular guy trying to target regular people. It would make no sense if he started marketing bts to Joe six pack before 1.0... It would do much more damage if the main marketing push was going on while all these changes and forks are happening. How is bp suppose to constantly explain to people that network shutdowns, rebranding, air drops and that it takes 3 transactions to buy bts and 4 to buy bitusd is normal. U guys were all on board with his marketing strategy earlier and a from what I can tell the plan has been consistent.

I have strong thoughts on what could have been done prior, however, it doesn't help us today.  Nullstreet is pressing forward, BP is meeting with BM, Adam is updating the community and Method-X is requesting coordinating efforts with Adam.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12329.0

Let's start here.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:58:52 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

[/quote

There are no community funds. No strings attached donations.  I try to do the best by them, but it isn't always possible to know in advance who will deliver. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

There will be no audit or committee.  It is my job to make the best of the situation.   
Thank you!! Hope you people can stop hammering on Brian and start doing constructive stuff again ..

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

No.  He was paid with donated funds.

A better question for us all to be asking is how Brian Page's weight compares to that of a duck.

Quoting myself from another thread:

Also, everyone please bear in mind that agreements already made with Brian Page are effectively a sunk cost.  Complaining about them will not make them go away, and destructive criticism can only reduce the return on that cost, if it has any impact at all. The only logical response in my opinion is to give him the benefit of the doubt and support him with constructive criticism, advice, and at least any assistance that does not hinder other efforts.  I honestly believe that Brian wants to help make BitShares more successful, but even if you believe he doesn't, attacks against him accomplish nothing.

charleshoskinson

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.