Author Topic: Brian Page (MktDirector) Is Moving On  (Read 16770 times)

Offline bytemaster

Brian gets no bonus if cap grows.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If Vitalik don't accept our honourable delegate invitation, which could be the next one(?) ...

wrong thread(?)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:40:09 am by liondani »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I expect 2015 will bring more opportunity to engage media as their curiousity rises.

It will be funny if we need to get Brian Page back for that part. IMHO, handling media was one of his strong points.

maybe i am doing Brian wrong, but with which evidence do you say this? If this is the case, i think it would not needed for him to stepping down. We would already have seen good interviews in none Bitcoin related magazines with Dan etc. . And don't come with 1.0 . Ethereum get this kind of thing without much that is function.

Maybe he means he comes across well.  I think Brian is very personable. I would have like to see him presenting some short simple videos this last year. I think Max does a great job explaining things too, probably better as he seems to understand everything more.

His much did he get paid?

A lot. $100k and I think I heard he had an assistant at one point too plus I assume he still gets BTS bonus payments as the CAP increases. It would be great if NullStreet had a few more crumbs to work with, they've been working with only a couple of bucks up to now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:14:20 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I expect 2015 will bring more opportunity to engage media as their curiousity rises.

It will be funny if we need to get Brian Page back for that part. IMHO, handling media was one of his strong points.

maybe i am doing Brian wrong, but with which evidence do you say this? If this is the case, i think it would not needed for him to stepping down. We would already have seen good interviews in none Bitcoin related magazines with Dan etc. . And don't come with 1.0 . Ethereum get this kind of thing without much that is function.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:01:09 am by Shentist »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
His much did he get paid?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

One of the Mastercoin leads, David Johnston, was on Bloomberg only last week.. and I wonder BitShares could be making similar contributions that go beyond simple marketing of the brand, to helping promote understanding and wider engagement.

Perhaps come 2015 the media will turn to more positive titles than Was Bitcoin the Worst Investment of 2014?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline oldman

• View Profile
This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise

+5% Bitshares is light on PR/Marketing and general strategic planing imo.  It seems like the guys at Nullstreet may be filling in the PR/Mkting end.   Hope fully we can get someone one that is strong in business strategy to complement BM's  prowess in the general vision and technology.

After the holidays and after I tie up loose ends with my other online businesses, I'll be stepping up in a big way.

Hell yes.  +5%

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise

+5% Bitshares is light on PR/Marketing and general strategic planing imo.  It seems like the guys at Nullstreet may be filling in the PR/Mkting end.   Hope fully we can get someone one that is strong in business strategy to complement BM's  prowess in the general vision and technology.

After the holidays and after I tie up loose ends with my other online businesses, I'll be stepping up in a big way.

Offline James212

• View Profile

BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I gave BP the benefit of the doubt.  I understood the reasons for waiting for the 'big 1.0 marketing push,' and I defended the lack of results because the I3 team, with greater visibility, confidently backed the work BP did behind the scenes. Suffice to say, the big push hasn't come, the low hanging fruits were left hanging, and I am disappointed. 

I am however thrilled about the Null Street team and community marketers.  You guys rock.
Same.
Agreed.

Offline wasthatawolf

This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise. 

IMO anything left in the coffers should go 100% toward software development.  A web wallet and lightweight client would do mountains more good for the Bitshares network then a marketing campaign for a product that only a handful of people can even use.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I gave BP the benefit of the doubt.  I understood the reasons for waiting for the 'big 1.0 marketing push,' and I defended the lack of results because the I3 team, with greater visibility, confidently backed the work BP did behind the scenes. Suffice to say, the big push hasn't come, the low hanging fruits were left hanging, and I am disappointed. 

I am however thrilled about the Null Street team and community marketers.  You guys rock.
Same.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

Lord knows I've had hires go pear shaped and it's just a part of business.

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

We all feel the same way.

Bitmarket, formerly one of Brian's underlings, has been posting and working with the nullstreet folks.  He seems good. 

It does seem like we will get *something* out of the western official marketing effort, in terms of onramps, etc, after 1.0 release.  Maybe its not as big as we hoped but it shouldnt be zero.

I wouldn't exactly use the term "underling".
More like something between
a First Round Draft Pick
and a Senior Advisor.

;) 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

Lord knows I've had hires go pear shaped and it's just a part of business.

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

We all feel the same way.

Bitmarket, formerly one of Brian's underlings, has been posting and working with the nullstreet folks.  He seems good. 

It does seem like we will get *something* out of the western official marketing effort, in terms of onramps, etc, after 1.0 release.  Maybe its not as big as we hoped but it shouldnt be zero.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads