Author Topic: Brian Page (MktDirector) Is Moving On  (Read 17077 times)

Offline bytemaster

Brian gets no bonus if cap grows.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If Vitalik don't accept our honourable delegate invitation, which could be the next one(?) ...

wrong thread(?)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:40:09 am by liondani »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I expect 2015 will bring more opportunity to engage media as their curiousity rises.

It will be funny if we need to get Brian Page back for that part. IMHO, handling media was one of his strong points.

maybe i am doing Brian wrong, but with which evidence do you say this? If this is the case, i think it would not needed for him to stepping down. We would already have seen good interviews in none Bitcoin related magazines with Dan etc. . And don't come with 1.0 . Ethereum get this kind of thing without much that is function.

Maybe he means he comes across well.  I think Brian is very personable. I would have like to see him presenting some short simple videos this last year. I think Max does a great job explaining things too, probably better as he seems to understand everything more.

His much did he get paid?

A lot. $100k and I think I heard he had an assistant at one point too plus I assume he still gets BTS bonus payments as the CAP increases. It would be great if NullStreet had a few more crumbs to work with, they've been working with only a couple of bucks up to now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:14:20 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I expect 2015 will bring more opportunity to engage media as their curiousity rises.

It will be funny if we need to get Brian Page back for that part. IMHO, handling media was one of his strong points.

maybe i am doing Brian wrong, but with which evidence do you say this? If this is the case, i think it would not needed for him to stepping down. We would already have seen good interviews in none Bitcoin related magazines with Dan etc. . And don't come with 1.0 . Ethereum get this kind of thing without much that is function.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:01:09 am by Shentist »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
His much did he get paid?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

One of the Mastercoin leads, David Johnston, was on Bloomberg only last week.. and I wonder BitShares could be making similar contributions that go beyond simple marketing of the brand, to helping promote understanding and wider engagement.

Perhaps come 2015 the media will turn to more positive titles than Was Bitcoin the Worst Investment of 2014?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline oldman

• View Profile
This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise

+5% Bitshares is light on PR/Marketing and general strategic planing imo.  It seems like the guys at Nullstreet may be filling in the PR/Mkting end.   Hope fully we can get someone one that is strong in business strategy to complement BM's  prowess in the general vision and technology.

After the holidays and after I tie up loose ends with my other online businesses, I'll be stepping up in a big way.

Hell yes.  +5%

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise

+5% Bitshares is light on PR/Marketing and general strategic planing imo.  It seems like the guys at Nullstreet may be filling in the PR/Mkting end.   Hope fully we can get someone one that is strong in business strategy to complement BM's  prowess in the general vision and technology.

After the holidays and after I tie up loose ends with my other online businesses, I'll be stepping up in a big way.

Offline James212

• View Profile

BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I gave BP the benefit of the doubt.  I understood the reasons for waiting for the 'big 1.0 marketing push,' and I defended the lack of results because the I3 team, with greater visibility, confidently backed the work BP did behind the scenes. Suffice to say, the big push hasn't come, the low hanging fruits were left hanging, and I am disappointed. 

I am however thrilled about the Null Street team and community marketers.  You guys rock.
Same.
Agreed.

Offline wasthatawolf

This entire exercise is a learning experience and illustrates what happens when software developers try to manage things outside their areas of expertise. 

IMO anything left in the coffers should go 100% toward software development.  A web wallet and lightweight client would do mountains more good for the Bitshares network then a marketing campaign for a product that only a handful of people can even use.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I gave BP the benefit of the doubt.  I understood the reasons for waiting for the 'big 1.0 marketing push,' and I defended the lack of results because the I3 team, with greater visibility, confidently backed the work BP did behind the scenes. Suffice to say, the big push hasn't come, the low hanging fruits were left hanging, and I am disappointed. 

I am however thrilled about the Null Street team and community marketers.  You guys rock.
Same.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

Lord knows I've had hires go pear shaped and it's just a part of business.

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

We all feel the same way.

Bitmarket, formerly one of Brian's underlings, has been posting and working with the nullstreet folks.  He seems good. 

It does seem like we will get *something* out of the western official marketing effort, in terms of onramps, etc, after 1.0 release.  Maybe its not as big as we hoped but it shouldnt be zero.

I wouldn't exactly use the term "underling".
More like something between
a First Round Draft Pick
and a Senior Advisor.

;) 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

We all feel the same way.

Bitmarket, formerly one of Brian's underlings, has been posting and working with the nullstreet folks.  He seems good. 

It does seem like we will get *something* out of the western official marketing effort, in terms of onramps, etc, after 1.0 release.  Maybe its not as big as we hoped but it shouldnt be zero.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
If you're a member of Nullstreet, please head on over and help proofread all the marketing activities here:

http://forum.nullstreet.com/index.php/360-newsletter-ready-for-your-review/

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
What in the hell has he been doing for the last year?

Preparations to persue other opportunities.

LOL.
He gave us the chance to buy cheap Bitshares.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

A few speaking engagements and some dinners does not a year long marketing gig make.

Kudos to BM for pulling the plug, and thank God Methodx has stepped up and wow, watching the Bitshares platform course-correct-by-consensus is giving me goosebumps.

But I've got to say that Brian's 'Thanks for all the fish' exit is unacceptable.

That may be an interesting question, but it doesn't affect the delivery on the expectations you have mentioned.   The Three Marketeers that Brian introduced us to have been with us since St. Martin.  You know them and interact with them here on the forum and on NullStreet almost daily.  We still expect Big Things from them.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline oldman

• View Profile

A few speaking engagements and some dinners does not a year long marketing gig make.

Kudos to BM for pulling the plug, and thank God Methodx has stepped up and wow, watching the Bitshares platform course-correct-by-consensus is giving me goosebumps.

But I've got to say that Brian's 'Thanks for all the fish' exit is unacceptable.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
tonyk is Brians alter ego  :o

Haha.

Um, I dont think so, tonyk was critical of the marketing team I think.

Perhaps he is just on vacation.

i am always talking with myself and i am really critical too :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Haha.

Um, I dont think so, tonyk was critical of the marketing team I think.

Perhaps he is just on vacation.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
where the hell is tonyk ?   :D

Loading the nukes (last post as HRickover)  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11920.msg161993#msg161993

or

finally given up and  left the building.

One or the other.

only robbers will left this building  :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

I haven't really been following the marketing side of things, so I'm not sure about the significance of this..

The hush shush soon push is finally folding open and liberating Brian's marketing team to the wider community which means transparency, accountability, and equal opportunity for anyone who wants to participate. BM trusts in the free BitShares market and absolves "marketing" of any chief Directors.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

Loading the nukes (last post as HRickover)  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11920.msg161993#msg161993

or

finally given up and  left the building.

One or the other.

Offline theoreticalbts

I haven't really been following the marketing side of things, so I'm not sure about the significance of this..
the delegate formerly known as drltc

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I'm wrapping up a massive newsletter for Stan by tomorrow night that covers all the different marketing and business development efforts. Everyone on NullStreet has been busting ass to give me their specific summaries. There will be no guessing, everyone will be able to quickly assess where we are spending our energy on Nullstreet. We're also providing updates for products such as Sparkle and Play.

For example, I've listed the contact information for any writer that's talked about Bitcoin in the last 5 or so months in a Google Doc.  I went through Coindesk and hunted down contact information for any company that might be beneficial over the past 4 months (payment processors, exchanges, on/off ramps etc...).  We have interview requests coming in and marketing is making contact with these companies I mentioned above.   While I understand the argument that we need to wait for a mature product, this prep work is essential to have done now... not later. 

All these efforts will be consolidated into Stan's newsletter.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10844.msg163541#msg163541
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:19:24 pm by hpenvy »
=============

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Ye of little faith, "fuck it. we'll do it live!"

Offline mint chocolate chip

gg BP

We still owe you 350 for winning our competition:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10508.msg138189#msg138189

We tried sending the prize money to bts:bitsharesmarket, but the robohash does not match your avatar.  Can you confirm your bts address Mr. Market?
I know I took 3rd in the Poetry Smackdown https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10413.0;all so maybe that is what you are referring to as in the Flatulence Fiesta https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10508 I did not see you select a winner for the best synonym for the word 'peg'. Send my 'winnings' to currencydebt as the bitsharesmarket account is in one of those 'MIA' limbo situations awaiting a future client release that can make it reappear in my account. Fun stuff bitchares.

Offline zmzm577

• View Profile
你离职,我十分高兴

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Good luck with your next endeavor Brian.  Thank you for your efforts.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
a success ecosystem must give many people opportunity to join this.  now there are many way to join in BTS ecosystem
1. developing delegate
2. marketing delegate
3. normal delegate
I can see all this opportunity must get pay from BTS system .
A success ecosystem must have opportunity that many people /company base on it can create profit.

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Was Brian responsible for the on-off ramps that were supposedly being setup?  Funnels?

We have retained the team that he has hired as they are doing good work.

Thank you bytemaster.
Brian - best wishes to you.

... Now let's get the word out there!!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Actually we still have the two major onramp-offramps that we setup previously in place to use as well as all of the great work Envy is doing.  They never were gone, just on hold until the hard fork was sorted out, etc.

Thats great. 

So we should indeed to expect something to happen, in addition to the contacts made by HpEnvy, once the 1.0 release is ready and there are no more forks to worry about.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

No need to wait, I've already passed along interview requests to the marketing team.  Marketing has already had phone and in-person meetings with companies we passed their way (debit card and onramps). Max is about ready to launch his book (read it, kicks ass) and BitShares.tv, Method-X and the rest of the gang (too many amazing people to list) are busting ass in different areas. I've put together a media list that covers almost every major article about Bitcoin in the last 6 months and contacted every decent company that's been posted on Coindesk over the last 4 months. All lists were shared with the people needed to see and track progress.  I'm just middle of the road productive, there's people on Nullstreet doing much more. I'm on target to deliver a full summary to Stan by Thursday night for the next newsletter.

No waiting, it's already happening.  I was just viewing the lists and saw Bitmarket, Murderistic and a bunch of other guys on the team working the leads!

More meetings setup for this week, along with working on some media interviews and the launch of Bitshares.tv - more to come.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Was Brian responsible for the on-off ramps that were supposedly being setup?  Funnels?

Those were and are being handled by murduristic, julian, and bitmarket. They're not really any further than if we cold-called 10 more similar companies like hpenvy is doing.

Why were these upcoming onramps hyped as if they were totally ready to go, as soon as the 1.0 release was ready?

In reality it seems we were never as close to bitshares success as we thought we were.

On the other hand, it also means that with the recent incredible successes in contacting a number of businesses, offramps, etc, that HpEnvy accomplished, we are actually further along now than we have ever been.

Actually we still have the two major onramp-offramps that we setup previously in place to use as well as all of the great work Envy is doing.  They never were gone, just on hold until the hard fork was sorted out, etc.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Best of luck with your next venture Brian!

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Finally, although delayed for long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
It is over now, now the community can move on.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Good luck to you Brian. Maybe good if you could give us a more information built in resigning paper. I mean valuable information. Maybe a bother since you are not with us anymore? Many thanks in advance!

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Interesting development of events. Hope we could all learn from this experience. ;)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Lets assume Brian's expertise lies in marketing complete products, which he didn't have the opportunity to prove with the client up until now... So the timing of this announce is perfect both for BitShares to formally avoid being taken advantage of and for Brian not to confront major accountability issues :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:57:07 pm by kisa »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Thanks for all your contributions, Brian! Best of success to you.

Those were and are being handled by murduristic, julian, and bitmarket. They're not really any further than if we cold-called 10 more similar companies like hpenvy is doing.

I'd like to hear Murderistic's take on this. Toast's comment seems to devalue some of what M claims to have been doing these last few months. But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

Actually yeah, I'm going off of less info than I should. Greg is helping look into the status of one of the offramps
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for all your contributions, Brian! Best of success to you.

I'd like to hear Murderistic's take on this. Toast's comment seems to devalue some of what M claims to have been doing these last few months. But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Why were these upcoming onramps hyped as if they were totally ready to go, as soon as the 1.0 release was ready?

In reality it seems we were never as close to bitshares success as we thought we were.

On the other hand, it also means that with the recent incredible successes in contacting a number of businesses, offramps, etc, that HpEnvy accomplished, we are actually further along now than we have ever been.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
So you worked with Cass on the new wallet, is this finished or lost?

moin :)

i've prepared GUI designs a while ago...
but honestly idk if development is in progress ...

BM mentioned something about meeting with an UI agency ... any updates on this?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Good luck Brian.  Thanks for getting me involved in BitShares.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
i am german and i am rude!

great news  +5%

This outcome was so predictable. Before you have to deliver move on and sell all the stuff you did as a blessing from heaven. I am still thinking it is a culturel problem as a european i can't understand.

Personal the best for you, but for bitshares it is a new start to get the marketing arm better structured.

So you worked with Cass on the new wallet, is this finished or lost?

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

I'm in the BitShares offices up in Virginia with Dan and the devs today.  I had lunch with Dan and we discussed the exciting new chapter BitShares is starting in 2015.  However, my own chapter with BitShares is now coming to a close.  I've made the decision to resign any sort of official role with the organization in order to persue other opportunities.

I can say without a doubt that some of the new marketing talent that's come on board recently with BitShares and the grassroots marketing team have incredible plans in the works to take the community and business to the next level.  I'm thrilled to see what they can do in the upcoming year. 

I believe not only in BitShares but in the ideals of this community and those who lead it.   It's been an exciting and wild ride over the last year or so and I am so incredibly proud to have been a small part of it.  Thank you for the passion and energy you all have brought to this project and for those of you who went above and beyond to put your blood sweat and tears into it. 

I can tell you one thing is for sure about this organization: The level of integrity, commitment, and talent with those I worked with are second to none. I trust these people fully and consider them my friends and truly amazing people.  I encourage you to continue investing your time, money and energy in this grand vision that is BitShares.

Wishing each and every one of you the very best in all you do,

Brian

Best wishes Brian and happy holidays.

+5%

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline bytemaster

We have retained the team that he has hired as they are doing good work.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline GaltReport

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

No need to wait, I've already passed along interview requests to the marketing team.  Marketing has already had phone and in-person meetings with companies we passed their way (debit card and onramps). Max is about ready to launch his book (read it, kicks ass) and BitShares.tv, Method-X and the rest of the gang (too many amazing people) are busting ass in different areas, I've put together a media list that covers almost every major article about Bitcoin in the last 6 months and contacted every decent company that's been posted on Coindesk over the last 4 months.  I'm just middle of the road productive, there's people on Nullstreet doing much more.

No waiting, it's already happening.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

No need to wait, I've already passed along interview requests to the marketing team.  Marketing has already had phone and in-person meetings with companies we passed their way (debit card and onramps). Max is about ready to launch his book (read it, kicks ass) and BitShares.tv, Method-X and the rest of the gang (too many amazing people to list) are busting ass in different areas. I've put together a media list that covers almost every major article about Bitcoin in the last 6 months and contacted every decent company that's been posted on Coindesk over the last 4 months. All lists were shared with the people needed to see and track progress.  I'm just middle of the road productive, there's people on Nullstreet doing much more. I'm on target to deliver a full summary to Stan by Thursday night for the next newsletter.

No waiting, it's already happening.  I was just viewing the lists and saw Bitmarket, Murderistic and a bunch of other guys on the team working the leads!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:02:08 pm by hpenvy »
=============

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I kindly ask the moderators to lock this thread...
It will be better for all of us...

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline svk

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next Brian, you seem like a nice guy so I'm sorry things didn't work out as well as we'd all hoped!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

I'm in the BitShares offices up in Virginia with Dan and the devs today.  I had lunch with Dan and we discussed the exciting new chapter BitShares is starting in 2015.  However, my own chapter with BitShares is now coming to a close.  I've made the decision to resign any sort of official role with the organization in order to persue other opportunities.

I can say without a doubt that some of the new marketing talent that's come on board recently with BitShares and the grassroots marketing team have incredible plans in the works to take the community and business to the next level.  I'm thrilled to see what they can do in the upcoming year. 

I believe not only in BitShares but in the ideals of this community and those who lead it.   It's been an exciting and wild ride over the last year or so and I am so incredibly proud to have been a small part of it.  Thank you for the passion and energy you all have brought to this project and for those of you who went above and beyond to put your blood sweat and tears into it. 

I can tell you one thing is for sure about this organization: The level of integrity, commitment, and talent with those I worked with are second to none. I trust these people fully and consider them my friends and truly amazing people.  I encourage you to continue investing your time, money and energy in this grand vision that is BitShares.

Brian

Best wishes Brian and happy holidays.
=============

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
lol

Our marketing director is moving away from Bitshares to pursue other opportunities... That is definitely a buy signal...

To be honest anything you have done was so "secret" that no one knows here if you have actually done anything rather than getting paid huge amounts from AGS funding. Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

Maybe I am not fair, but this announcement is the worst thing that as a community we would like to hear in this bear market. Great timing mate..

Anyway, good luck in your new projects.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
God I wish I would have been there for that lunch... I'm sure fridays mumble will be very interesting.

Offline GaltReport

ah, so no funnels etc...?

sumantso

lol

lol indeed. I have a feeling BM took this step.

BP - thanks for that video. You can always donate a bit for some campaigns, or go and do some marketing on your own; it benefits us all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:41:32 pm by sumantso »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It was great meeting you, and working with you Brian.

I know there are many folks that appreciate what you did and Bitshares, and many that did not.

Either way, I appreciate the effort you put forth and know that there are MANY behind the scenes things you worked on and initiated that folks here do not know about.

Take care, and stay in touch.

take care buddy, we'll stay in contact for sure…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Well, there we have it.

Its too bad that things didnt work out better for everyone.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
It was great meeting you, and working with you Brian.

I know there are many folks that appreciate what you did and Bitshares, and many that did not.

Either way, I appreciate the effort you put forth and know that there are MANY behind the scenes things you worked on and initiated that folks here do not know about.

Take care, and stay in touch.

Hey Forum,

Brian

+5%

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

Brian

Bytemaster here:

I wanted to add the following information.  Brian has done a great job at what he is good at: conferences.   Because of his efforts I had many speaking roles and interviews that I would not have had without him.  Brian and I are friends and will likely work together in the future when his new venture integrates BitShares. 

I have retained the team Brian was working with and they will be showing some of the fruit of their labor this week as the first BitShares book is published and BitShares.tv launches.   I have informed this team that they need to market themselves as well as BitShares and you will be seeing more of the value they bring to the table in the short term.   

Brian will not be receiving any additional payments from the AGS funds which has freed up over ~15M BTS of earmarked bonus funds.  These funds will be redirected toward covering the costs of gaining new users. 

I have asked Brian's team to provide measurable statistics regarding their contribution to the marketing effort.  I have commitments with these guys and have full faith in their abilities.

I will not be replacing Brian nor establish an official marketing team.  Everything will be community/delegate driven from here on out.   Adam will be working in his industry to bring people to BitShares.  We need leaders who take charge and get things done and don't depend upon me or anyone else to tell them what to do.   Bitcoin doesn't have official marketing nor funded marketing.   Anyone who can get and maintain a delegate position is "official".   

Lets work together and change the world! 

Dan

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:21:22 pm by bytemaster »