Author Topic: Brian Page (MktDirector) Is Moving On  (Read 17080 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
If you're a member of Nullstreet, please head on over and help proofread all the marketing activities here:

http://forum.nullstreet.com/index.php/360-newsletter-ready-for-your-review/

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
What in the hell has he been doing for the last year?

Preparations to persue other opportunities.

LOL.
He gave us the chance to buy cheap Bitshares.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

Lord knows I've had hires go pear shaped and it's just a part of business.

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

A few speaking engagements and some dinners does not a year long marketing gig make.

Kudos to BM for pulling the plug, and thank God Methodx has stepped up and wow, watching the Bitshares platform course-correct-by-consensus is giving me goosebumps.

But I've got to say that Brian's 'Thanks for all the fish' exit is unacceptable.

That may be an interesting question, but it doesn't affect the delivery on the expectations you have mentioned.   The Three Marketeers that Brian introduced us to have been with us since St. Martin.  You know them and interact with them here on the forum and on NullStreet almost daily.  We still expect Big Things from them.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I hate to be that guy, but can someone tell me what exactly Brian did over the last year? And how much he was paid to do it?

Lord knows I've had hires go pear shaped and it's just a part of business.

But I'm a bit choked at being told 'hush hush big things are being done just wait and see' for months on end and then the punch line is... well, he was good at organizing conferences.

A few speaking engagements and some dinners does not a year long marketing gig make.

Kudos to BM for pulling the plug, and thank God Methodx has stepped up and wow, watching the Bitshares platform course-correct-by-consensus is giving me goosebumps.

But I've got to say that Brian's 'Thanks for all the fish' exit is unacceptable.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I gave BP the benefit of the doubt.  I understood the reasons for waiting for the 'big 1.0 marketing push,' and I defended the lack of results because the I3 team, with greater visibility, confidently backed the work BP did behind the scenes. Suffice to say, the big push hasn't come, the low hanging fruits were left hanging, and I am disappointed. 

I am however thrilled about the Null Street team and community marketers.  You guys rock. 
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
tonyk is Brians alter ego  :o

Haha.

Um, I dont think so, tonyk was critical of the marketing team I think.

Perhaps he is just on vacation.

i am always talking with myself and i am really critical too :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Haha.

Um, I dont think so, tonyk was critical of the marketing team I think.

Perhaps he is just on vacation.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
where the hell is tonyk ?   :D

Loading the nukes (last post as HRickover)  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11920.msg161993#msg161993

or

finally given up and  left the building.

One or the other.

only robbers will left this building  :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

I haven't really been following the marketing side of things, so I'm not sure about the significance of this..

The hush shush soon push is finally folding open and liberating Brian's marketing team to the wider community which means transparency, accountability, and equal opportunity for anyone who wants to participate. BM trusts in the free BitShares market and absolves "marketing" of any chief Directors.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
where the hell is tonyk ?   :D

Loading the nukes (last post as HRickover)  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11920.msg161993#msg161993

or

finally given up and  left the building.

One or the other.

Offline theoreticalbts

I haven't really been following the marketing side of things, so I'm not sure about the significance of this..
the delegate formerly known as drltc

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I'm wrapping up a massive newsletter for Stan by tomorrow night that covers all the different marketing and business development efforts. Everyone on NullStreet has been busting ass to give me their specific summaries. There will be no guessing, everyone will be able to quickly assess where we are spending our energy on Nullstreet. We're also providing updates for products such as Sparkle and Play.

For example, I've listed the contact information for any writer that's talked about Bitcoin in the last 5 or so months in a Google Doc.  I went through Coindesk and hunted down contact information for any company that might be beneficial over the past 4 months (payment processors, exchanges, on/off ramps etc...).  We have interview requests coming in and marketing is making contact with these companies I mentioned above.   While I understand the argument that we need to wait for a mature product, this prep work is essential to have done now... not later. 

All these efforts will be consolidated into Stan's newsletter.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10844.msg163541#msg163541
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:19:24 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Ye of little faith, "fuck it. we'll do it live!"