Main > Stakeholder Proposals

Disappointment and Hope - Delegates, Unite!

(1/4) > >>

cube:

--- Quote from: toast on December 16, 2014, 08:59:08 pm ---I've repeated over and over that most people are not voting to keep their funds safe.

Next version will have voter keys and we will start making voting a much bigger part of the culture.

--- End quote ---

I am looking forward to this feature rolling out.  And yes, delegates unite!  +5%

santaclause102:

--- Quote from: svk on December 17, 2014, 10:36:38 am ---
--- Quote from: delulo on December 17, 2014, 01:38:54 am ---
--- Quote from: svk on December 16, 2014, 09:50:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: delulo on December 16, 2014, 09:41:47 pm ---I for example can not install / run .26 because
--- Quote ---Large memory requirements during re-indexing and resyncing. At least 4GB RAM is recommended (swap file is not sufficient). Less RAM can cause freezing and crashes
--- End quote ---
since my client with my funds is on a vm with max. 2gb ram. source: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.26
I didn't attempt to update it therefore.
If it is all easier and faster voting participation will also go up I think.

--- End quote ---

That wasn't actually true, you can re-index and sync just fine with 512mb RAM and a swap. Compiling is another matter though.

--- End quote ---
I have .24 atm. So the only way to update is compile newly right? So won't work?

--- End quote ---

You can always compile on another computer with sufficient RAM and then copy the executable to your VPS, that's what I do.

--- End quote ---
Copying files from an insecure computer to a secure one sounds risky to me. The whole purpose of using a VM is to do only one thing per VM (trading, BTS storage, etc).

lafona:

--- Quote from: svk on December 17, 2014, 10:36:38 am ---
--- Quote from: delulo on December 16, 2014, 09:41:47 pm ---I for example can not install / run .26 because
--- Quote ---Large memory requirements during re-indexing and resyncing. At least 4GB RAM is recommended (swap file is not sufficient). Less RAM can cause freezing and crashes
--- End quote ---
since my client with my funds is on a vm with max. 2gb ram. source: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.26

--- End quote ---

That wasn't actually true, you can re-index and sync just fine with 512mb RAM and a swap. Compiling is another matter though.

--- End quote ---
I have .24 atm. So the only way to update is compile newly right? So won't work?

--- End quote ---

You can always compile on another computer with sufficient RAM and then copy the executable to your VPS, that's what I do.

--- End quote ---

I have done the same thing with the chain to prevent issues with syncing and re indexing. Open updated client on computer with more RAM, let chain sync, close client, and copy over the chain folder. It takes a little while but seems to be working fine on VPS with 1 gb RAM.

I agree with the original post. It is currently very hard to get a new delegate voted in. With the number of feeds published, there should be plenty of room for good healthy competition. I'm excited to see how the new voting password helps.

svk:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Markus:
Allowing collateral to vote would increase my weight quite a bit :)
I heard it's going to be included soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version