Author Topic: Disappointment and Hope - Delegates, Unite!  (Read 5058 times)

pollux

What frustrates me the most is seeing the _11_ init delegates not publishing feeds, pulling 3% fees.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I've repeated over and over that most people are not voting to keep their funds safe.

Next version will have voter keys and we will start making voting a much bigger part of the culture.

Great. Thanks Toast!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I've repeated over and over that most people are not voting to keep their funds safe.

Next version will have voter keys and we will start making voting a much bigger part of the culture.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I have been running delegate campaign for over two months and still have to get more votes to become an active delegate.
Honestly, it is disappointing when I see many non-active delegates are on the 101 list, not publishing price feed nor actively communicate within the community. I do not want to blame them, just want to say we have better delegates on our standby list.

In my opinion, almost all of delegates posting here deserve to become 101 delegates, at least they are better than init delegates. They stay up to date with versions, contribute to community, and communicate with other members.

However, our community is still redundant to vote for good delegates. Interestingly, this problem is similar to what we have in democratic society, low turnout rate and inefficient vote.

So what should we do?

I think delegates are already put much effort on campaigning their bid and encouraging vote. This is not the problem.
Then, delegates should build up trust network. We should support other trusted delegates and be supported by them.
We already have a good tool for this purpose, "slate".

If possible, please show your support for other delegates and encourage your voters to refresh their vote as "vote as my delegate recommended". This will bring more good delegates into the 101 list and benefit our Bitshares community.

Delegates, unite!

PS. can someone translate it into Chinese if you think it's valuable?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop