Author Topic: BTS long term support  (Read 29432 times)

Offline onceuponatime

I can get a "loan" by shorting bitusd  and offer a ridiculously high interest rate. But are there any news that may support that or is it pure gambling?

Don't take out a loan to buy BTS! I would sell what you need in order to cover your costs for the next 3 months. Personal finance 101...

Unfortunately my BTS holdings are by far not sufficient to cover my next 3 months coming expenses but just a small portion of it and I am not sure if I should do that now and enter the market later on. I would hate myself if I sell everything now and lose any potential huge upside within the next 3 months. But do you guys believe that we will see some upside or are we going down now?

You are seeking to lessen your discomfort of uncertainty by trying to get others to answer questions that are essentially unanswerable (ie. you are trying to offset the emotional burden of bearing risk - which is not possible except by purchasing insurance).

What are you going to do if you decide one way but then the market goes the other way? Will you then complain: "But fill in the name(s) said such and such"?

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
It took 3 years for Bitcoin to really start to gain traction. Those who HODL long term will be rewarded, don't worry about the price.

The fundamentals are still the same for why you should buy Bitshares. This drop is just short term noise because BTC is dropping.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:11:11 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Nothing fundamental will change until at least the end of this month

:'( I didn't want to hear that but thank you very much!!

Irrelevant here but when do you guys think that we will have some banks gateways with bitassets IOU? Most probably the way things are going in Greece next month we won't be able to withdraw our money from the banks (this will definitely boost cryptos to the moon and everyone will turn to extremely bull in cryptos) but without bitusd, biteur gateways I cannot move all my deposits to Bitshares ecosystem... So either way I am most probably f....d.. 8)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Nothing fundamental will change until at least the end of this month
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I can get a "loan" by shorting bitusd  and offer a ridiculously high interest rate. But are there any news that may support that or is it pure gambling?

Don't take out a loan to buy BTS! I would sell what you need in order to cover your costs for the next 3 months. Personal finance 101...

Unfortunately my BTS holdings are by far not sufficient to cover my next 3 months coming expenses but just a small portion of it and I am not sure if I should do that now and enter the market later on. I would hate myself if I sell everything now and lose any potential huge upside within the next 3 months. But do you guys believe that we will see some upside or are we going down now?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
2. Get a loan and buy more BTS now?

I'm no financial expert but I wouldn't do that
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Cut back on other expenses if you can and continue to contribute to bring down your cost basis.  Taking out a loan is risky.  You could be sitting on the beach a year from now thinking it was your best decision ever made or you could be cleaning fast food toilets cursing bts under you breath..... Are you feeling lucky?

Lol  :)...I am still very far for the beach dream and hopefully very far to be cleaning fast food toilets...

I am always feeling lucky since I discovered BTS.

I am very hesitant to take a loan unless we expect any huge announcements within the next couple of months.

All in all, do we expect any super news within the next couple of months?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Cut back on other expenses if you can and continue to contribute to bring down your cost basis.  Taking out a loan is risky.  You could be sitting on the beach a year from now thinking it was your best decision ever made or you could be cleaning fast food toilets cursing bts under you breath..... Are you feeling lucky?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Your best bet is to continue to contribute in even amounts for the foreseeable future.  That way you can take advantage of price declines and smooth your investment cost basis.  You won't have to worry about missing an advance or buying opportunity since you are consistently averaging in.  No one knows what news will let us slip out of this bear market, but when it does happen the advance will be fierce and any pullbacks will be extremely shallow.  Markets are designed to confuse the most amount of people... it will unload as many bulls as a it possibly can, then switch and take off leaving all the bulls behind.  Long story short----HODL

True and thanks for the advice. My problem is that I will need some cash within the next 2 months. So I don't know if I should:

1. Just hold for now
2. Get a loan and buy more BTS now?
3. Just sell now a portion and secure some cash that I will need

Usually I am all in and risk taker but now my financials are not so great...My Christmas bonus was in coupon restaurants this year...lol...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Since November 21st, we are up 25% against Bitcoin.    Compared to all other Bitcoin competitors (except Ripple and Paycoin)  we are up or holding flat.

Indeed. So does that mean that if the bitcoin bear market continues BTS will fall as well or do we expect any news that will drive BTS price up regardless of what bitcoin does? It is very difficult for me to know the technical improvements and progress that might drive suddenly BTS price up, and I definitely don't want to lose the upside when this happens. In other words when are we planning to exceed the $100 mil market cap? I thought that we should have been there regardless of Bitcoin's volatility but apparently that's not the case.

So, I was wondering...Is it a good time to buy some more BTS now or should I wait until Bitcoin's market comes to an end?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So any trading ideas regarding Bitshares?
Do we expect any news that will drive the price up?
Is it time to buy more or are we heading to an endless bear market driven by bitcoin and we should just take our losses and wait until bitcoin's bear market finish and enter back?
Every day I think that BTS can't go lower than than and everyday the price is just disappointing. I am hesitant to sell my BTS now and cut my losses because every time I do this a bull market starts...On the other side BTS market cap keeps falling more than BTC and this is scary...

Your best bet is to continue to contribute in even amounts for the foreseeable future.  That way you can take advantage of price declines and smooth your investment cost basis.  You won't have to worry about missing an advance or buying opportunity since you are consistently averaging in.  No one knows what news will let us slip out of this bear market, but when it does happen the advance will be fierce and any pullbacks will be extremely shallow.  Markets are designed to confuse the most amount of people... it will unload as many bulls as a it possibly can, then switch and take off leaving all the bulls behind.  Long story short----HODL

Offline bytemaster

Is it time to buy more or are we heading to an endless bear market driven by bitcoin and we should just take our losses and wait until bitcoin's bear market finish and enter back?
Every day I think that BTS can't go lower than than and everyday the price is just disappointing. I am hesitant to sell my BTS now and cut my losses because every time I do this a bull market starts...On the other side BTS market cap keeps falling more than BTC and this is scary...

Since November 21st, we are up 25% against Bitcoin.    Compared to all other Bitcoin competitors (except Ripple and Paycoin)  we are up or holding flat. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Rise has started I think.  Should be .110 CNY in a day or two.  Then hopefully more. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads