Author Topic: Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS  (Read 23355 times)

Offline reiddouthat

Re: Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2015, 03:36:33 am »
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2015, 03:34:41 am »
So I just downloaded the new PTS Client. It requires me to register on the Blockchain before I can receive my PTS on my new client.
My new PTS Username is: reiddouthat

Can someone help me figure out how to get funds so I can register on the blockchain and withdrawal my PTS from BTER? I ran into the same problem with my BTS [a long time ago]... and someone from Reddit helped me out, and I sent them their funds back once I could get mine in my wallet. Ill do the same, I promise you.

Or if there is some kind of faucet for getting PTS users registered... Could someone please let me know? Thanks!

they will help you out there:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12844.0

Offline reiddouthat

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2015, 03:31:16 am »
So I just downloaded the new PTS Client. It requires me to register on the Blockchain before I can receive my PTS on my new client.
My new PTS Username is: reiddouthat

Can someone help me figure out how to get funds so I can register on the blockchain and withdrawal my PTS from BTER? I ran into the same problem with my BTS [a long time ago]... and someone from Reddit helped me out, and I sent them their funds back once I could get mine in my wallet. Ill do the same, I promise you.

Or if there is some kind of faucet for getting PTS users registered... Could someone please let me know? Thanks!
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline ddepker

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 05:50:30 pm »
So are Bitshares-PTS shares going to remain or will they be moved to a new share, similar to BTSX changing to BTS?

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:24 pm »

Will there be BTS and BTSX? When BTS is released will then BTSX be far less valuable? What is the reason to hold BTSX now or in the future if it does exist along with BTS? WHen will BTS be released?

BTSX->BTS is a rename. So there is nothing to do with respect to the pending release. It should be released shortly with the hard fork happening perhaps tomorrow.

To be clear: BTS is BTSX. Same blockchain. Same client. Different name.

TY

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 05:32:54 pm »

Will there be BTS and BTSX? When BTS is released will then BTSX be far less valuable? What is the reason to hold BTSX now or in the future if it does exist along with BTS? WHen will BTS be released?

BTSX->BTS is a rename. So there is nothing to do with respect to the pending release. It should be released shortly with the hard fork happening perhaps tomorrow.

To be clear: BTS is BTSX. Same blockchain. Same client. Different name.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »
QUESTION: If PTS price plummeted as for all intents and purposes it is useless right now, why hasn't the BTSX price plummeted equally? If there was a merger then wouldn't both be useless and worthless now and only BTS(when it's released, based on your holdings of both PTS and BTSX, be useful and valuable

I don't think PTS is useless right now and it certainly isn't valueless.  The market has a value for it, despite being less than it was for obvious reasons.... The value of BTSX or BTS is highly unlikely to be influenced any further by PTS in my opinion.  The question now is, can all those holders of PTS that are participating in the PTS network or third party developers interested in the bitshares toolkit, rebuild value into that network?  The market will respond to those possibilities and the value of PTS will adjust accordingly.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »
QUESTION: If PTS price plummeted as for all intents and purposes it is useless right now, why hasn't the BTSX price plummeted equally? If there was a merger then wouldn't both be useless and worthless now and only BTS(when it's released, based on your holdings of both PTS and BTSX, be useful and valuable

I don't think PTS is useless right now and it certainly isn't valueless.  The market has a value for it, despite being less than it was for obvious reasons.... The value of BTSX or BTS is highly unlikely to be influenced any further by PTS in my opinion.  The question now is, can all those holders of PTS that are participating in the PTS network or third party developers interested in the bitshares toolkit, rebuild value into that network?  The market will respond to those possibilities and the value of PTS will adjust accordingly.   

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »
Also of interest. Took this a couple seconds ago. Certainly not the hay days of PTS but not exactly dead.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »
Either way, I don't see a lot happening in terms of alternative DACs. That part of the forum hasn't seen a decent new idea in months. IMHO, no reason to own PTS unless/until there are any signs of intelligent life beyond these initial DACs.

As a counter point MUSIC and PLAY came out of nowhere compared to what we knew on Feb 28th.

Good point.  At this stage, most people are understandably concerned with the big killer feature sets and rapid network building.  But the degree of certainty that has been expressed with regard to the limits of innovation and the shape of things to come in this developing economy is surprising.  It is perfectly possible for the Bitshares toolkit to be used to build a blockchain that is useful to a specialized community, has great value, but is not useful to the super DAC.  It is also possible that holders of Protoshares may be a better community to support the development of such projects.

DPOS protoshares or any other niche experiment is absolutely no threat to the potential of BitShares given that Bitshares developers will be able to add anything useful to it's code at any time.

Everyone has been as fairly treated as possible.  Everyone can buy or sell Protoshares at their leisure.  None of our predictions have been or ever will be perfect.   

We need to stop assuming we know the future and stop being afraid of letting the free market decide if there is a place for any particular strategy.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 03:01:05 pm »
Either way, I don't see a lot happening in terms of alternative DACs. That part of the forum hasn't seen a decent new idea in months. IMHO, no reason to own PTS unless/until there are any signs of intelligent life beyond these initial DACs.

As a counter point MUSIC and PLAY came out of nowhere compared to what we knew on Feb 28th.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »
added latest snapshot info

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »
Excellent points both of you.

sumantso

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 11:14:35 am »
Initially I thought PTS would survive and be a good group to target airdrops, but now it looks like its done. I got into Bitshares as I saw PTS announcement on Bitcointalk, and mined quite a few in the first few days, traded them (sold some at 0.04 BTC at Cryptsy - probably the highest ever rate) and went on from there.

Agree with donkeypong that this areas have become stale. I think what can be done is to get like minded people, fork Bitshares and create Me as it was in the original plan, sharedrop on a few candidates (PTS, AGS, NXT, NEM ...), raise funds through an AGS style 'donation' and carry on from there.

With BM now focused on only one job, it feels wrong to waste all the other potential projects that could be done with the toolkit.