Author Topic: Win 200 bitUSD as we launch BitShares TV and BitShares 101  (Read 16468 times)

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I am very pleased to announce 2 marketing initiatives are being released today… and you can win 200 bitUSD just by supporting them.

www.BitShares.TV
, hosted by Max Wright, is a weekly internet show dedicated to keeping you up-to-date with the world of BitShares. The first 3 episodes are online and ready for you to watch right now.

Each episode is designed to give insight to a particular aspect of the BitShares eco system. How BitShares can improve the world we contract, interact, and do business with.   

BitShares.TV gives you the inside scoop on the latest developments and allows you to meet the people behind BitShares, from core developers to marketing professionals.

Because different aspects of Bitshares appeal to different folks, Bitshares.TV is a great tool to share with your friends to help them get as excited about BitShares as we are.

And once a BitShares.TV episode sparks a light bulb in someones mind, they are more likely to share it, and get involved… and that is exactly what we want.  I hope the TV show will spark enough interest that they understand and get involved in BitShares.

And that is where BitShares 101 comes in.

BitShares 101 is the first book ever written dedicated entirely to understanding BitShares.

I authored the book and the feedback I have recieved suggests the book does an excellent job of taking the advanced concepts of BitShares and explaining them in an easy-to-understand way. Even some of the BitShares faithful who received advanced copies of the book were impressed by what they learned, commenting on how easily understandable BitShares becomes.

Today, for the first time ever, you can get your own copy of, Bitshares 101: A Guidebook on How To Profit From the Next Generation of Bitcoin, Crypto Currencies and Decentralized Businesses for just $0.99

But I really want this book to go number 1 in its category. And that means lots of sales over the next 3 days.

So I decided to motivate you all a little further by giving you the chance to win 200 bitUSD by supporting the book.

Here is how:

Once you buy the book for $0.99 cents, share it on Facebook and/or Twitter that you bought the book with the hashtag: #Bitshares101. Be sure you post a link to the book on Amazon. Feel free to use your own affiliate code if you wish.  From those posts, I will pick one at random and send them 100 bitUSD.  It's that easy.

For another chance to win $100 in BitUSD, just leave us an honest review on Amazon’s Kindle after you read the book. This will really help drive sales, especially if those comments have keywords in them like bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency.

So for your chance to win $200 in BitUSD just buy the book for $0.99, review it, and post a link to the book on Facebook/Twitter with the hashtag: #Bitshares101…

I will randomly select two winners, and notify everyone via email and this forum who won. 

You can grab your copy here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QUIWHR0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00QUIWHR0&linkCode=as2&tag=succecounc-20&linkId=MIFK4YEQ5YUWI3Q3%22%3EBitShares

I look forward to reading your reviews and getting your feedback.

Thanks,
Max

I also wanted to mention that both of these marketing initiatives were a team effort.

A kind thank you to proof readers Stan, Gentso1, DonkeyPong, and Matador123
HPEnvy for donating $100 for Fiverr tasks and word press plugins,
Murderistic for tech and marketing support,
And most of all a very big thank you to AbellJefrry for lots of work on building sites and graphics.  He put in a metric shitload of effort and it is very much appreciated.

I would also like to note that both Cass and Abelljefrry designed very beautiful book covers that were much too pretty.  Much to their chagrin I went with the ugly cover because ugly sells better on Kindle.  :)  So don't blame them for the ugly cover.  Blame me.

I am also throwing a couple hundred down for people in a random drawing.  I am also thinking I might just send the 10k or so bitcoin subscriber list an email that says I will reimburse them for their purchase upon leaving a review and sharing on social networks...let's see what traction we get in the next 48 hours and then I will do that if we still need more sales.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I only own an ipad and Amazon will only send to and android or Kindle.  Does anyone know if I can pick either and still receive the book on my ipad?  If no reply, I'll give it a try anyway.

Isn't there an Amazon Kindle app for iPads? If not, you can use a PC or laptop.

I use the cloud reader for all ebooks purchased on amazon.  It works in desktop browsers just fine.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I only own an ipad and Amazon will only send to and android or Kindle.  Does anyone know if I can pick either and still receive the book on my ipad?  If no reply, I'll give it a try anyway.

Isn't there an Amazon Kindle app for iPads? If not, you can use a PC or laptop.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
Bought 7 copies of the book (keeping 2; for me and a friend).

Giving the 5 to people that start following me on tweeter @BTS_DAC and re-tweet the tweet regarding the book. To get the free book/gift you must have no prior tweets regarding the "Bitshares 101" book.

thanks

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
You and Daniel are a great!

Potential for some improvement: Thumbnail pictures for the videos (will make people curios and watch more).

Offline Lana

• View Profile

Offline Thom

Bought it and am through the first 3 chapters.

I was surprised that when you go to Amazon to buy a Kindle book it doesn't provide an "Add to cart" button. I hate "the cloud" but that was the only way I could see to obtain the book. I did get the link to download the Kindle app, but I haven't yet installed it.

The point is there seems to be no way to download the book directly to my computer. If the desktop app provides a method for that fine, but at this point I don't know that and it sure would be nice if Amazon explained it. If it's in the cloud I don't have control over it.

Amazon crap aside, looks like a great piece of work Max. The futures explanation could be more flushed out in the case where the value of the asset falls. I understand it when it rises but you fold the hotel bid into the discussion in that case and it muddles the explanation. It's probably just me, but that's my take so far. I haven't yet watched the futures trading video you provided a link to in the book, but I will. Hopefully that will clear it all up for me.

I will say you have cleared up the definition of what derivatives are for me. I used to think of them as "aggregates" in the way all the home loan mortgages were bundled and sold off to investors. They were aggregated and ownership / liability was lost, THEN they were sold as derivatives which further confused the liability picture. For debt instruments like a home mortgage, if ownership is not tracked for every transfer of a loan, the original load recipient may not be able to determine who their debt is with, which is the basis for many court cases involving home loan defaults.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline mint chocolate chip

Good luck!
Post added to the BitShares Blog on the launch of BitSharesTV and a widget for the book placed in the sidebar.

Offline madawc

• View Profile
BTSX: madawc

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
BTW, great timing releasing both of those fantastic projects the next freaking day after Brian Page is fired ; )

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I purchased it and will post a review today or tomorrow. Great work!

How do the rest from outside get the book? We don't have Amazon.

You do not need a Kindle device to read a Kindle e-book. Amazon has an app for Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, etc., so you can read this book on ANY computer or mobile device. If you still can't buy it from where you live, I'm sure Max can send you a copy at some point. Please tell others to buy it and post reviews, though...very important!

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
How do the rest from outside get the book? We don't have Amazon.

Amazon ships worldwide. Especially digital items. I just bought the book, even though Amazon is not "officially" in my county.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
I have done a promotion for our small italian community:

I will pay five books in bitUSD for people that buy it :)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline svk

+5%

I just bought three copies, one for me and one each for my dad and brother :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline abelljefrry

Well done!

Just one thing: when I want to share bitshares.tv on facebook, it offers some crazy pictures from the videos together with the link. I was forced to use the link without the picture, which is kind of a pity. Is it possible to put there something more interesting/cool?

Must be the Facebook open graph meta tag, I'll look into it now. Thanks :)
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio