Author Topic: Wow, is Devshares ready?  (Read 10227 times)

Offline davidpbrown

I have a node running but no connections, I assume the network is not live yet.  Anyone know when we will be live?

I've just put 108.61.167.133:2009 back up and it's getting a few connections but really until the devs produce a new genesis block and as per the mumble some tool to take private keys from BTS safely into DVS, then we wait for the real start of DevShares when the drop on BTS will allow most people to register delegates. If you're lucky and can see some DVS, you could go play for a while till then.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline jamesc

I have a node running but no connections, I assume the network is not live yet.  Anyone know when we will be live?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline vikram

Halp no connections. Who wants to provide seed nodes?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'm looking forward to doing pump n dumps with devshares! It's gonna be really interesting to see what happens to bitassets.

We need to get a DVS gateway to BTS ASAP. This could be run by the same delegate who also props up the price by buying and burning DVS. I think it would be best to have the DVS delegate set a price target in BTS, so if DVS market cap is below, say, 1/1000 of BTS then he buys and burns the entire 100% dilution. If DVS cap is above the target then the diluted BTS is simply burned. As long as it's done through a gateway on the BTS blockchain, fraud will be impossible.

Xeldal

Hmm I can't transfer DVS?

Code: [Select]
devshares (unlocked) >>> wallet_transfer 1 DVS xeldal xeldal
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
key->has_private_key():
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1568 get_private_key

{"addr":"DVSHt5Bx1mZuvtMpVMhP63PH912Cub3qAYtJ"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1570 get_private_key

{"recipient":{"id":125,"name":"xeldal","public_data":null,"owner_key":"DVS8QxQKrwMNXaDZEWDTHe1HMm8j2eT18yADeAV2TnEphvz4UJdZh","active_key_history":[["2014-12-20T16:48:40","DVS7jj3TNFkviB1YFxNPAoyn5ipPmAqC1quDmFMHPWJPydwn5u6CN"]],"registration_date":"2014-12-20T16:48:40","last_update":"2014-12-20T16:48:40","delegate_info":null,"meta_data":null},"amount":{"amount":100000,"asset_id":0},"memo":""}
    th_a  transaction_builder.cpp:203 deposit_asset

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:3759 wallet_transfer

{"command":"wallet_transfer"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:579 execute_command

Update:  duplicate accounts
Code: [Select]
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVAL       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
delegate.xeldal *                  DVS7k8nuqx9W8cP2f3QLEegW7gauWpwoWG1a84UaSsuPtb1QcQsfR           2014-12-20T22:13:50   NO             1              NO
delegate.xeldal                    DVS5D9zmjuteSpv3FeRqR1uxfsj28usL21ZTcc8qovKXVYY49edKx           NO                    NO             1              N/A

Well I managed to screw something up.  I'll see if I can remember what I did.
1) built on 1st machine created accounts xeldal(registered) and delegate.xeldal (not registered)
2) built on 2nd machine imported xeldal , created new account  delegate.xeldal and registered
3) tried to transfer 1 DVS on 2nd machine... produced above error
4) successfully made transfer on 1st machine
5) balance changed on 2nd machine ... still unable to make transfers on 2nd machine

private keys match for xeldal on both machines but only 1 of them can make transactions.

Now I would like to remove/rename one of the duplicates ... not sure how to specify
wallet_account_rename maybe should take public key as identifier as well as the name.

update: I guess you can't rename a registered account so wallet_account_rename changed the unregistered account, which is what I needed. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:46:36 pm by Xeldal »

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

Offline graffenwalder

Great, devshares already fixing problems.

If this would have happend with play, sparkle, RPC or whatever. It could have been a more serious problem.

Xeldal

Actually what are you basing the total supply off of? Is AGS 5 orders of magntiude relatively or to some specific fixed # you expect? I just made the max supply 3*10^something

e5 was just a wild guess based on an expected ~# relative to what I received from importing AGS keys.  I imported a relatively large BTS key and got something like 10 DVS so I figured something was amiss.  Perhaps just my own missunderstanding. IDK

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Actually what are you basing the total supply off of? Is AGS 5 orders of magntiude relatively or to some specific fixed # you expect? I just made the max supply 3*10^something
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Perhaps user error but I've imported private keys with the qt into a new devshares wallet, expecting to see devshares reflecting BTS balances ~14th Dec.. but nothing appeared. :-\

I was expecting then to throw those DVS at the live devshares client's wallet to avoid issues.

Am I missing something obvious.. do we know the genesis block is correct for that snapshot?.. Any ideas??
I have no problem with a Bitcoin AGS privkey import.
But i get nothing when i try it with a Bitshares privkey.

Same here.   I get something but it is around 5 orders too small DVS

If that's true it sounds like an error on our part. Will look into it sometime. Consider this network bound for a reset until we figure out what's wrong I guess

Xeldal

Perhaps user error but I've imported private keys with the qt into a new devshares wallet, expecting to see devshares reflecting BTS balances ~14th Dec.. but nothing appeared. :-\

I was expecting then to throw those DVS at the live devshares client's wallet to avoid issues.

Am I missing something obvious.. do we know the genesis block is correct for that snapshot?.. Any ideas??

Same here.   I get something but it is around 5 orders too small DVS
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:01:35 pm by Xeldal »

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc