Author Topic: BitShares 0.4.27.1 - problems  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
it looks to me, that on the bitBTC market the short Order with 0.11% is not buyable. Tried it multiple times right now.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
A bit of patience has paid off. One thread suggested removing "peers.leveldb" and "chain" directories from the BitShares roaming subfolder. This caused a further crash on resync but after a few hours it has successfully reconnected syncing all blocks. Perhaps the wallet could have more user (noob) friendly tips displayed if it clearly isnt syncing, with suggested solutions.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I have given up trying to update and reupdate the client. Waiting for a stable client.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
I am aware of the issues.  It is frustrating me as well.
Quite a few "freezing episodes" on Windows, locking machine. I guess we wait for an update.

Offline bytemaster

I am aware of the issues.  It is frustrating me as well. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
even after rescan and even a synchronized wallet,when I type commands the characters show up after seconds ... (cli client )... It seems better after a couple of minutes...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I too am having major problems with the v0.4.27.1 Qt client on Ubuntu.

First, everything is operating much more slowly. The pages take a long time to update. I literally wait seconds for the thumbs up/down button to react to the click.

Second, the UI is incredibly buggy. Sometimes it gets to a state where it won't respond/load the pages properly and I simply need to restart it.

I tried using the command line client, and it was surprisingly even worse. It lags so bad it is nearly impossible to type in commands (note that this is only after the wallet is unlocked and transaction scanning begins). The CPU usage is very minimal. It is using the hard disk, but it is nothing that out of the ordinary. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
same problem about slow reaction times with thumbs up etc. here until this happened: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7022.msg164927#msg164927

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I too am having major problems with the v0.4.27.1 Qt client on Ubuntu.

First, everything is operating much more slowly. The pages take a long time to update. I literally wait seconds for the thumbs up/down button to react to the click.

Second, the UI is incredibly buggy. Sometimes it gets to a state where it won't respond/load the pages properly and I simply need to restart it.

I tried using the command line client, and it was surprisingly even worse. It lags so bad it is nearly impossible to type in commands (note that this is only after the wallet is unlocked and transaction scanning begins). The CPU usage is very minimal. It is using the hard disk, but it is nothing that out of the ordinary. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Offline matt608

• View Profile
On Macos 10.9.5

problems:

- won't load market in delegate account, says 0 volume from my delegate account and freezes but sometimes loads ok in my normal user account
- client often freezes and is slow, especially in my delegate account.
- can't change account name from within a market (which shows 0 volume), have to go back to 'my accounts'
- accounts disappear sometimes from 'my accounts'
- won't lock or quit, have to force quit (sometimes)
- required 3 client restarts to for blockchain to sync
- clicked 'unapprove all' while client was frozen accidentally in frustration... now I have to go and approve 100+ delegates one by one again.
- "my votes" shows nothing even though I've voted a bunch of times.
- can't toggle approval, it goes darker blue then if I toggle approval for another delegate it goes darker blue for them instead and goes back to light blue for the one I just approved.  So can't actually vote.
- After broadcasting a transaction, block chain starts syncing backwards (3mins, 4mins, 5 mins), bar at the bottom turns a dark yellow and says "Caution | Last block was synced 3m 50s ago".  Solved by restarting client.

I just kept restarting and was able to send a transaction but it wasn't pretty and I still can't vote.

What to do?  Is everyone dealing with a barely functioning client at the moment?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:24:12 pm by matt608 »