Author Topic: [HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts  (Read 23440 times)

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Re: [HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »
Hi,

How do I transfer my old PTS here?

There are 2 ways to import. Here is the easy way:

Code: [Select]
wallet_import_bitcoin <wallet_filename> <passphrase> <account_name>
FYI - the "bitcoin" name in the command is there because it refers to Bitcoin-style wallet.dat files, including old PTS.

The second way is to use our new "import by signed message" feature: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=37.msg421#msg421

The second way does not require you to expose your private keys to the client, but requires you to import each address separately. Let me know if you have any trouble.

I've tried quite a few methods with no luck but I recall having similar issues when importing PTS in the past.  On a Mac the original PTS client kept it's wallet.dat and related files in hidden state and in a different place then all other coin wallets.  For whatever reason this will not allow the wallet to import even after changing various settings.

I continued on with importing by signed message.  It appeared to work offline but my balances still remain at zero now that I've taken my wallet online.  Yes, the PTS addresses that I'm trying to import have had funds for a long time.

Any suggestions?  Does my account name need to be registered officially on the network before it will receive the funds?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:08:09 pm by URSAY »

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 04:19:35 pm »
Hi,

There are 2 ways to import. Here is the easy way:

Code: [Select]
wallet_import_bitcoin <wallet_filename> <passphrase> <account_name>
FYI - the "bitcoin" name in the command is there because it refers to Bitcoin-style wallet.dat files, including old PTS.

The second way is to use our new "import by signed message" feature: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=37.msg421#msg421

The second way does not require you to expose your private keys to the client, but requires you to import each address separately. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Offline mav2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:56:00 am »
Hi,

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 03:57:42 am »
reserved

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
[HOW-TO] Fund/register accounts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:56 am »
When you launch your PTS client you will be asked to enter an account name. This account will remain 'unregistered' until you fund the account and then optionally register the account. Once you register the account name, you can use the account name to receive funds. Until then, if you want to send money to an 'unregistered' account, you need to do the following:

1) Click 'My Accounts' in the left menu bar
2) Click the name of an existing account on this page (or click "Create New Account" to create a new one)
3) On the next page, under your account name, you will see an 'Account Key' which is a long hash address starting with the letters 'PTS...'. This is your account's public key. You can fund your account by sending PTS to this account key.

Post your questions here.