Author Topic: Is bounty way for development a good way?  (Read 5517 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
...it would also be possible to announce every single bounty on bitcointalk. Advantage would be: More attention. Disadvantage might be that people at bitcointalk don't like it when their forum is "hijacked". What do you think?

I think we could ask them for advertising space and thus pay for the use of their services?

you mean pay the bitcointalk forum for a child board?  :o

Pay them for Ads that link to this forum rather than Ads that link to Butterfly Labs or other mining vendors?

It might be worth trying. Generally I think such advertisement only gets your attention if you know the brand anyway. I perceive most of the ads just as colored bars. But it could work with I3. The words Bitshare and Bounty in a blueish color scheme should work. Linking to a forum page where the intentions (getting bounties done, finding talent) and the referral bounty is explained. Also a good place to present I3 as moving forward, well funded etc. It shouldn't cost much anyway...

What could be done anyway is to post each bounty as an answer to my topic. I would relinquish the ref. bounties of course :) This way the post stays up always... Do topics get pushed also by editing? They could be edited to push...

I addition I would post some of the most important and best paid bounties on Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Project Development to attract attention and also refer to other bounties at the bottom of the post. The text would just have to be copy pasted from the bitshares forum...

Offline bytemaster

...it would also be possible to announce every single bounty on bitcointalk. Advantage would be: More attention. Disadvantage might be that people at bitcointalk don't like it when their forum is "hijacked". What do you think?

I think we could ask them for advertising space and thus pay for the use of their services?

Pay them for Ads that link to this forum rather than Ads that link to Butterfly Labs or other mining vendors?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I did some advertisement on bitcointalk of I3 bounties in general, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408981.msg4433910#msg4433910
Hope this is sound as it is...

Offline bytemaster

Suggestion: Possible to also have those active bounty topics posted on bitcointalk which has more resources and can bring more attentions?

I think it would be great if someone could support advertising on Bitcointalk.   There is the bounty referral fee so if you post over there and someone signs up to this forum as a result and then wins a bounty you could earn 1 to 10 PTS.   

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Possible to also have those active bounty topics posted on bitcointalk which has more resources and can bring more attentions?

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
It just went way lower dude!!

As a miner, I have other considerations as a trader I have different!!
Oh and the difficulty just rose up a bit!

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
I'm mining PTS,

I just hope PTS is not dumped immediately to convert into BTC, the PTS/BTC rate is lower than it was last week.

Be patient. Have some faith.

It's better for you to hold your PTS for the long run if you can't control the market or sell at the very beginning when it drops.

If you believe that 3I can make these unbelievable concepts believable,  then PTS nowadays is just like BTC a year ago.

Offline prateek300588

• View Profile
I'm mining PTS,

I just hope PTS is not dumped immediately to convert into BTC, the PTS/BTC rate is lower than it was last week.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Goal of bounties is to attract quality developers so we can hire the best and brightest.  Having been responsible for interviewing/hiring developers for the past 10 years I can tell you that finding quality talent is hard.   It is even harder when you are a startup with less than 6 months under your belt and only $500K in seed funding.   Few developers will work for stock that is not liquid.

I took a calculated risk and increased our burn rate to hire a full time team to work on Keyhotee and they started about 1 month ago.  AGS  was our top priority because without it I couldn't maintain the team required to get everything done.  This team is very focused on Keyhotee.

I am now working to get the BTS stuff developed in parallel and have been recruiting talent.  So far the bounty systems seem to be attracting a lot of attention and things are happening quickly.

Stimulated by what you are doing.
The bounties are so bountiful that I begin to believe developing will surely be accelerated.
Thank you.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Now I see. It's indeed a good way for hiring staff.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bytemaster

Goal of bounties is to attract quality developers so we can hire the best and brightest.  Having been responsible for interviewing/hiring developers for the past 10 years I can tell you that finding quality talent is hard.   It is even harder when you are a startup with less than 6 months under your belt and only $500K in seed funding.   Few developers will work for stock that is not liquid.

I took a calculated risk and increased our burn rate to hire a full time team to work on Keyhotee and they started about 1 month ago.  AGS  was our top priority because without it I couldn't maintain the team required to get everything done.  This team is very focused on Keyhotee.

I am now working to get the BTS stuff developed in parallel and have been recruiting talent.  So far the bounty systems seem to be attracting a lot of attention and things are happening quickly.

Offline ralphte

• View Profile
You could be right. But even the largest tech company's in the world. Microsoft / Google and many more have bounty's for there software. NOW if we apply your logic then that would mean that first these company's can't attract enough talent to make a product that does not have bugs. Second you apply the logic that only the creator of a code will be able to update or maintain that code. Both of which are not true for example Google employes are some of the highest paid and Google is ranked the number 1 company to work for. I think they have the pick of the litter. But they still have bounty's and even more impressive is that these bounty's do not go unpaid. Anyway I do see where you are coming from in the time frame of Keyhotee and Bitshares. We will see what happens but I do believe that bounty's are not going to hurt anything.