Author Topic: You guys don't understand devshares.  (Read 17162 times)

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
Re: You guys don't understand devshares.
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 05:39:22 am »
Some thoughts:

For those of us that are staunch BTS supporters there are a couple things about PTS to consider:

1) If I3 held donated PTS past Dec 31, 2014 it may be taxable income. The income would be valued at donation date. Recall that was about $15/share. Current prices are about $0.26/share. Do the math on that tax liability and all of a sudden them returning all PTS starts to make sense.

2) If PTS dies with I3, and the BTS "merger", the SEC may have case for PTS being a security.

So while you fight the anti-PTS war in support of BTS think about what's really going on and what a worse case scenario may look like.

As Stan often says, "Think bigger".

Well they did the right thing and returned them.

Continuing mining them (some of us indeed do so!!!) is how you help this issue.
Even better you then drop AlphaBar's PTS on PTS POW, to buy them out! Even better burn them, to buy them out!

Changing everything other than the abbreviation 'PTS', does not sound like 'the same' to me. Hope the less tolerant accept your reading of the law.

PS
But who cares 'I am just jshow and I have done nothing but whine' [quote Gamey]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:42:01 am by jshow5555 »

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2014, 05:47:19 am »

Even better you then drop AlphaBar's PTS on PTS POW, to buy them out! Even better burn them, to buy them out!

Changing everything other than the abbreviation 'PTS', does not sound like 'the same' to me. Hope the less tolerant accept your reading of the law.

If BTC wanted to upgrade from POW to DPOS what should the process be?

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2014, 06:05:34 am »

If BTC wanted to upgrade from POW to DPOS what should the process be?

I will do it like this:

For the balance on the new chain to be valid/credited 2 conditions must be met:
-Private key [import/proof of possession];
-Transaction sending the balance to the burn address[after snapshot date]

Burned balance is you balance on the new chain.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2014, 06:12:52 am »
1. This is a free market .

2. Ergo , investors will leave those projects they don't feel right , it's not their job to think bigger for the dev team . It's the dev team's job to think bigger for them .

3. If investors leaved , the price of BTS will drop . If price of BTS drops , the delegate income won't be sufficient enough to even pay rent for the dev team . Ergo , dev team will leave to look for other job . Ergo , there will be no BTS project , at least not the one we hope will success .

4. Yes , this is a free market . But don't think for a second that we've seen the full power of a free market reaction . And please don't think for a second that all the high talent devs are gonna stick around for this project when the price drop 50% even 100% .

5. Free market will choose the winner , but it would be a total disappointment that if the winner wasn't us in the end . So instead of push everything on the free market , could you guys start acting like you care about the very survival of this very project (I don't mean the code , I don't mean the devs and BM's vision , I mean the BTS we paid for ) . It would be point less if BM's vision prevails and the winner wasn't the BTS that I bought and paid for . It would be even less possible to prevail if this kind of "free market" expectation keep going on .
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:15:20 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2014, 06:28:31 am »
Some thoughts:

For those of us that are staunch BTS supporters there are a couple things about PTS to consider:

1) If I3 held donated PTS past Dec 31, 2014 it may be taxable income. The income would be valued at donation date. Recall that was about $15/share. Current prices are about $0.26/share. Do the math on that tax liability and all of a sudden them returning all PTS starts to make sense.

2) If PTS dies with I3, and the BTS "merger", the SEC may have case for PTS being a security.

So while you fight the anti-PTS war in support of BTS think about what's really going on and what a worse case scenario may look like.

As Stan often says, "Think bigger".

The SEC part is way off .... because DNS wasn't revived ..... Won't they afraid DNS would make a case for SEC ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2014, 06:44:09 am »
I apriciate everyones concern and feedback, but please back off.  We all get the point and this discussion is interfering with actual productive R&D.   

If we are talking about principles here:

1) PTS should live on and be supported by who ever wants to buy in / share drop to it.
2) BTS should ask for a reasonable recognition (20% or less) share drop in future chains.
3) AGS is what it is. It is just another share drop target.   I personally thing PTS should have share dropped 10% on AGS for funding its upgrade and freeing it from mining.   
4) I don't want DVS to set any precedents. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2014, 06:54:02 am »
I apriciate everyones concern and feedback, but please back off.  We all get the point and this discussion is interfering with actual productive R&D.   

1) PTS should live on and be supported by who ever wants to buy in / share drop to it.
2) BTS should ask for a reasonable recognition (20% or less) share drop in future chains.
3) AGS is what it is. It is just another share drop target.   I personally thing PTS should have share dropped 10% on AGS for funding its upgrade and freeing it from mining.   

WOW!!!! - That is humongous nail in the alphaBar's coffin  :)

Ask somebody to lock this thread.
I will delete the other(as I started it)!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:59:21 am by jshow5555 »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2014, 07:24:36 am »
I dont care about all this lol. Happy hollidays crew and co <3

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2014, 08:47:40 am »

Oh brother, I guess we can ignore everything bm has ever said that directly contradicts your entire argument (including point #1 "PTS should live on...") because his opinion on a 10% sharedrop differed from ours. Your sensationalism is amusing, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about PTS being "absorbed", "dead", "bought out" and every other mischaracterization of Stan and Dan's words you've made in this thread.

sumantso

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2014, 08:54:44 am »

Oh brother, I guess we can ignore everything bm has ever said that directly contradicts your entire argument (including point #1 "PTS should live on...") because his opinion on a 10% sharedrop differed from ours. Your sensationalism is amusing, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about PTS being "absorbed", "dead", "bought out" and every other mischaracterization of Stan and Dan's words you've made in this thread.

It does make it pretty funny when PTS asks other projects to honour the social consensus when they blatantly flout it.

Offline slacking

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2014, 09:10:20 am »

Not necessarily what I wanted to hear but agree this has been argued out and it's time to move on.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2014, 09:46:55 am »
Cut the Gordian knot first and then move on!

Sharedrop to all dpos "coins" marketcap weighted at the time of any kind of  sharedrop  !!! That's really fair ...  for example the total market cap for dpos "coins" is $100 millions...$40 millions BTS ,  $10 millions PTS, $20 millions PLAY, $30 millions MUSIC... that means a sharedrop like this: 40% to BTS, 10% to PTS,  20% to PLAY, 30% to MUSIC...  ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2014, 04:03:00 pm »

Then don't set any by sharedropping to PTS and AGS!

sumantso

« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2014, 04:27:39 pm »

BM has said he is considering sharedropping 100% on BTS. He wants to gauge the reaction before doing so.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »

BM has said he is considering sharedropping 100% on BTS. He wants to gauge the reaction before doing so.

100% to BTS makes totally sense (much more for DVS since it is BTS testnet and I assume the BTS delegates will be the major testers)