Author Topic: Thoughts on naming of the new blockchain paying era ?  (Read 3464 times)

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I like #hiredbyprotocol :-)

+5%

I don't want it too markety.

k then this isn't right one to go :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:08:26 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
lolz.  I was trying to think of something to label the upheaval that occurred within the Wiki.  I don't want it too markety.

I'm going to try to fix the wiki up a bit.  I doubt I will be writing anymore lengthy articles. (Not that I wrote many to begin with) I would like to fix up the wiki back to close where it previously was...  If I spend a bit of time on it fairly often instead of wasting my time doing pointless shit then it should shape up over the next few weeks.

Likewise if anyone else would like to correct things .. send me a message so I can create an account for you.  There are a lot of references to BTSX for starters. ...
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The rise of the Living Chain: The Blockchain Organism

(The rise of the Living Dead: The Blockbuster Orgasm)

The blockchain is really an organism,
it consumes and burns resources,
it grows, develops and heals if broken,
it has parts but cannot be reduced to them,
it can interact with its environment,

Organism

noun
1. a form of life composed of mutually interdependent parts that maintain various vital processes.
2. a form of life considered as an entity; an animal, plant, fungus, protistan, or moneran.
3. any organized body or system conceived of as analogous to a living being:
the governmental organism.
4. any complex thing or system having properties and functions determined not only by the properties and relations of its individual parts, but by the character of the whole that they compose and by the relations of the parts to the whole.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Hiring by the Ultimate Blockchain Democracy

Offline mint chocolate chip

Chain Generation or ChainGen for short

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

I am going with "The Great Consolidation" but that is because I'm too lazy to sit around and think up a name.  I have been editting the wiki a bit trying to make it at last suggest where we are so people can't be misled. 

I don't know if I am up to creating the same level of content that existed previously, but minor corrections pointing people to our current status would be a useful thing.

How about we just call it the Blockchain economy or the Blockchain revolution?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Previously we had the 'burn rate'.  Now we have ??  "Delegate pay rate" ??

Autonomous funding rate? Crowdfunding rate? Can't really think of anything perfect.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Previously we had the 'burn rate'.  Now we have ??  "Delegate pay rate" ??

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I really like The Great Consolidation, that's an awesome name. We could introduce it on reddit as "Autonomous blockchain funding: The Great Consolidation of blockchains." (blockchains vs. block chains?)

All altcoin developers will be better suited to join bitshares as delegates to leverage their skills on the community in return for greater value. Bitcoin will always have value because it was the first blockchain. These two will end up as the 2 major blockchains for money and finance. /r/bitcoin might accept this?

Well I ran with it on the wiki.  Just cleaning up low hanging fruit .... errrr .... errors.

Anyway, as much as we have disagreed in the past I have respected a lot of your ideas on marketing and human psychology.

The Great Consolidation.

After the crypto wars have gone and there are but a handful of hashers left..  people will look back on these times..

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I really like The Great Consolidation, that's an awesome name. We could introduce it on reddit as "Autonomous blockchain funding: The Great Consolidation of blockchains." (blockchains vs. block chains?)

All altcoin developers will be better suited to join bitshares as delegates to leverage their skills on the community in return for greater value. Bitcoin will always have value because it was the first blockchain. These two will end up as the 2 major blockchains for money and finance. /r/bitcoin might accept this?