Author Topic: This is why there is no conspiracy when it comes to why the rich get richer  (Read 5156 times)

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Basically if your family is rich you'll most likely still be rich and if your family is poor you will most likely still be poor. This is part of the old commodity based economy.

Now, in the knowledge economy which we are currently making a transition too, wealth isn't defined by commodities but rather by intellect and your social reputation. Just like it was for our hunter gatherer ancestors.

Don't focus on the advantages of others.  Focus on you own goals.

I will point out that two year's ago bytemaster was milking cows while I was chasing thirty @#$%#!! chickens out of our garden -- just like our ancestors have done for uncountable generations.

Without Stan realizing it, he agrees with you. If it wasn't for social intellect for embracing crypto, and BM's and Stan's reputation being accepted by the majority who follow Invictus thus far, perhaps bytemaster would still be milking cows while Stan is chasing chickens out of his garden.

Luckily social intellect and reputation have built Invictus from just those two very exact things as the starting point.

Nothing is impossible for anyone.
The important thing is to start.

Fantastic!  I'm male, and would like to get pregnant naturally and give birth.  How do you suggest I start?

By the way the research paper made this concluding statement:

" the current trend towards a knowledge-based economy that is less reliant on material wealth and more reliant on embodied and relational wealth might in the long run be associated with a concomitant reduction in intergenerational wealth transmission."

I think that's a fair statement.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:52:55 am by crypto4ever »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The reason there is vast wealth inequality is because we have been living in a society where wealth meant physical assets. Assets such as land, cattle, factories, real estate etc. These assets get passed on from one generation to the next. The barriers to entry to even acquire these assets in the first place are quite high. It is challenging for the average person to obtain such assets. At the same time those that come from wealthier families have a very substantial advantage over those that don't. Basically if your family is rich you'll most likely still be rich and if your family is poor you will most likely still be poor. This is part of the old commodity based economy.

Now, in the knowledge economy which we are currently making a transition too, wealth isn't defined by commodities but rather by intellect and your social reputation. Just like it was for our hunter gatherer ancestors.

I think its just best if you read the research I learned this from. They do a better job at explaining. :)

Intergenerational Wealth Transmission and the Dynamics of Inequality in Small-Scale Societies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792081/#!po=0.416667

EDIT:  Yes!  Now more than ever this philosophy is true:

Don't focus on the advantages of others.  Focus on you own goals.

I will point out that two year's ago bytemaster was milking cows while I was chasing thirty @#$%#!! chickens out of our garden -- just like our ancestors have done for uncountable generations.  Now its time for me to go feed some more firewood into the boiler before joining my wife for a glass of champagne as the new year arrives.

Nothing is impossible for anyone.
The important thing is to start.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:03:34 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
The reason there is vast wealth inequality is because we have been living in a society where wealth meant physical assets. Assets such as land, cattle, factories, real estate etc. These assets get passed on from one generation to the next. The barriers to entry to even acquire these assets in the first place are quite high. It is challenging for the average person to obtain such assets. At the same time those that come from wealthier families have a very substantial advantage over those that don't. Basically if your family is rich you'll most likely still be rich and if your family is poor you will most likely still be poor. This is part of the old commodity based economy.

I think its just best if you read the research I learned this from. They do a better job at explaining. :)

Intergenerational Wealth Transmission and the Dynamics of Inequality in Small-Scale Societies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2792081/#!po=0.416667
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials