Author Topic: Default Vote for Core Devs???  (Read 24943 times)

lzr1900

are u drunk? this is a stupid idea.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Agree, try presenting the underlying problem at issue clearly in OPs and then let a few posts roll by before suggesting your own solution in the comments. Fun experiment  ;)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i would suggest, that Bytemaster should post in the future like this:

"How can we ensure, that the core devs, get enough votes, to get elected or stay in place?"

This would let to a discussion and not a no or yes thread!

and we would have in the end a good solution the community think it would provide the needed votes.

Maybe Bytemaster should Stan start the post, because this community is so fixated on his words - :D

Offline BitshatKing

• Xiao Ling
    • View Profile
Why all u people got problem?  Wat is big deal about Stan, Dan and devs as for ever delegates?  What go can wrong?

Hear me...

Vote not that important.  Why u care if u get vote?  What does your vote matter?  Noone care what u think.  It truth. 

My country is no vote!  My country greatest country whole world.  Leaders picked for us.  Leaders are great men.  GREAT MEN LEAD CHINA TO WORLD DOMINATON!

So wat u don't like them.  They probaly don't like u!  We need KICK OUT TRATORS!  STAN AND DAN FOR EVER!

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
You cannot set default vote for core developing , but you can
1.set a select choice box let people select delegate slate recommended by developing.
2.the clients include a .txt file as the default voting delegate but the user can choice does not use it

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:56:20 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline mint chocolate chip

Newmine likes to air-out BTS' old baggage, but there is some sort of relief in that it is part of the BitShares evolving history and openly discussing it may have some positive future benefits - such as the realization that we are one of the most open public development networks happening in crypto.  This is not one of Bytemaster's better ideas, but glad part of his delegate role is to think of ideas and discuss them with us.

Every delegate should have objectives that are aligned to take us to 1.0.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I think it did no damage overall. The Bitcointalk thread was more positive than negative for PR overall especially at the end...

I haven't looked at it yet. 

Regardless Bytemaster can carry at least 5 devs. In the sense he can just say these are the 5 guys I and we really need to keep BitShares at the top of it's game.

They will not be without a job and without shareholder support in the next few years. Guaranteed imo.

Edit: Read it, it's not great tbh, one more thing to point too & on a crypto day where positivity not negativity is needed, not the end of the world though. But yeah everyone can appreciate we need a great core dev team that works well together. The majority will default to BM on who's best in that mix for the next year/two at least provided the list is not too big.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:16:18 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think it did no damage overall. The Bitcointalk thread was more positive than negative for PR overall especially at the end...

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
We need to be a little patient with this model.

Many devs prefer technical complexity to social complexity.
Asking them to participate in a continuous job interview is asking a lot.

I expect that those of us who enjoy interacting with people are going to have to pitch in and help them out a bit here.  Bytemaster has told us who he would like to have on his team.  He is very, very, very picky.

If we want BitShares to succeed, we won't ask alpha-geeks to perform unnatural acts.

:)

Excellent point. Sometimes these forums are an absolute shitshow, can't say I blame them for wanting to avoid the crossfire here.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Wow just saw this now. Woke up very excited but now see another PR snafu. Again obviously a no go area, running it by an outsider would have raised a red flag immediately.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We need to be a little patient with this model.

Many devs prefer technical complexity to social complexity.
Asking them to participate in a continuous job interview is asking a lot.

I expect that those of us who enjoy interacting with people are going to have to pitch in and help them out a bit here.  Bytemaster has told us who he would like to have on his team.  He is very, very, very picky.

If we want BitShares to succeed, we won't ask alpha-geeks to perform unnatural acts.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Some of the names has never or rarely come to forum. So the users have to trust them because Dan trust them? Why can't they post their own proposal? This thread is not merely centralization, you are trying to become a king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

I wasn't suggesting any thing be guaranteed.  Core developers could always be voted out even if by default they were approved. 

It is clear there is a lot of controversy over this, so it will not be implemented.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
what about the first 10-20 place delegates will get paid  for 3 months further even when voted out (but stop producing blogs of course for security reasons ) so top delegates have  at  least a minimum  3 months security at any moment ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
"Good" idea, but we have to change our slogan from "Do you want to be hired by the blockchain?" to "Do you want to be born with the blockchain?"   -5%, -5%, -5%

BTS is an experiment, and it is the investors who are paying for it. If BM is using his own money to do this experiment, he can absolutely do whatever he wants. Unfortunately, it is not.

Any people who are involved in this experiment, no matter investors or developers, by default should take risk. If you can not tolerate the pressure due to the risk, just leave. Nothing is supposed to be guaranteed, including the blockchain salary.
BTS committee member:jademont