Author Topic: What are odds that BTC goes so low that large mining ops turn the switch off ?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
It seems possible we might see a black swan event.  If price drops below breakeven on mining wherever these big mining farms are, they could start shutting off the farms.  If this was to happen right after a difficulty adjustment then it could cause enough disruption to further drive the price down. Then once the difficulty goes down farms jump back into mining and we have 2 weeks of fast blocks but then there are just more to sell on the market.............  So many things could possibly happen.  It will be interesting to see. 

At least this time of year home miners can subsidize power consumption by using heat waste to warm a dwelling.

As for me, I was hoping BTC would rally back up but once it hit 280 I sold what I had left.  Sigh.  It seems likely to me it could just go down to 200ish again.  A lot of true believers already bought in some time ago.  I suspect this won't be a big deal for Bitshares and might possibly be a net positive.  I hate to see BTC tank like that because a lot of neat projects are going to be hurting.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:01:40 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.