Author Topic: Quick Updates From Adam  (Read 3424 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This chart is ridiculously sobering so far lol.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Amazing!

Thank you.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline ak

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
for now, valzav is currently working on a simple leaderboard to publicly view stats. we'll let you know once its ready to go!

This is awesome. It will be like a game where, even if you don't win, you still win by holding BitShares :D

I registered "page01" btw, so if anyone sees it don't call me out on it lol.

Offline ak

• View Profile
Me and Adam got to chat on skype and we found out that we are made of the same clay. :)

+5%

Offline ak

• View Profile
Lovely!

I feel like we are entering the golden age of BitShares marketing. Science will illuminate this whole space. Really an exciting time to learn the latest techniques in the art of marketing.

We'll be setting up a referral program where we can track and reward performance, which looks promising.

This will tear down the house.  +5%

+5%

Offline ak

• View Profile
I guess this is directed at Adam and Cass. It'd be great if you could add the public facing stats to each of the other websites too.

thanks for the reply pseudoscops!

valzav has done a great job thus far developing basic tracking and reporting capabilities for the referral program; and we've already tracked a bunch of referrals.

but, to your point, we need a public facing dashboard where all those taking part in the program can review their results and compare them to the results of others.

to be clear, we have big plans for the referral program (referral links, display widgets, robust tracking capabilities, analytics reporting, etc.); however, valzav's time is limited and we need to find another capable developer to put on this project.

for now, valzav is currently working on a simple leaderboard to publicly view stats. we'll let you know once its ready to go!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
A new delegate candidate seems to have expertise in this area.  Maybe you should collaborate.

http://rgcrypto.wordpress.com/

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12923.0

we'll collaborate with rgcrypto for sure - he contributed a lot of good ideas so far :) Thx for sharing!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
A new delegate candidate seems to have expertise in this area.  Maybe you should collaborate.

http://rgcrypto.wordpress.com/

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12923.0

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
thx pseudoscops for you inputs . yes we'll definitely integrate public stats for metric measures!

Offline pseudoscops

I guess this is directed at Adam and Cass. It'd be great if you could add the public facing stats to each of the other websites too. We already have it in place for bitshares.org thanks to Cass and Brian agreeing to add public stats a while back. The public stats use asynch javascript and so there's zero extra overhead on page load time over and above the GA tracking you are adding.

Here's a link to the thread I started that lead to public stats being implemented on bitshares.org and some thoughts I had on affiliate marketing.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11023.0

Would be great if Adam could have a read of that thread and let me know how it lines up with his plans for affiliate marketing. The link above also has the Clicky code you'll need if you think adding it to the other bitshares.org sites is a good idea. bitshares.tv would need it's own tracking code setup on Clicky as it's on a different top level domain - Max's blessing too. Let me know if you want me to set one up. Here's a link to the live public stats for bitshares.org site:

https://clicky.com/stats/?site_id=100787377&date=last-28-days

I'm keen to help and have some relevant professional experience in this area. I've offered my perspective on quite a few marketing issues. Here's my most recent input re content for the bitshares.org homepage:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12953.msg170424#msg170424

Also I've been looking in to setting up a dedicated delegate campaigning site. Originally I thought that the same site would also allow non-delegates to register for an account. By using their BitShares ID we could then generate an affiliate link for any interested party and provide a league table of top referring affiliates somewhere on the site too. I'm going to PM you a copy of a message I sent to SVK,BM,Stan,Cass and Brian just before Xmas with some more details on my vision for this. It would be good to get your perspective.

If the delegate site becomes a success, I might look to campaign as a marketing candidate. I'd like to get something out there first though, prove myself somewhat and then get some indication as to whether I have community support to run as a delegate.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Lovely!

I feel like we are entering the golden age of BitShares marketing. Science will illuminate this whole space. Really an exciting time to learn the latest techniques in the art of marketing.

We'll be setting up a referral program where we can track and reward performance, which looks promising.

This will tear down the house.  +5%

Offline ak

• View Profile
I've been working with the crew this week to get analytics tracking in place on our various web properties...

bitshares.org
bytmaster.bitshares.org
faucet.bitshares.org
bitshares.tv

Once we have these websites tagged, I'd like to ensure that we can setup event tracking and add custom code as needed in order to track the various events that take place on these sites that are important to us.

I'll also be working closely with bytemaster and other members of the team to draft new messaging for the bitshares.org website and see that it gets updated as soon as possible.

Once tracking is in place and we have solid messaging and a layout of the site we feel comfortable moving forward with, I'd like to begin running a few small test Pay-Per-Click campaigns and/or some Display campaigns on crypto-currency related websites to test various advertising channels and marketing messages that result in new client downloads, installs, and account registrations.

In the meantime, I'm looking to establish partnerships with other marketers in the BitShares community with experience that can help out in this area. We'll be setting up a referral program where we can track and reward performance, which looks promising.

I am also considering sponsoring and/or rewarding marketers that can prove themselves capable of driving results. On that note, if you're interested in this opportunity, please send me a direct message so that we can discuss further.