Author Topic: Distribution At Block 32000 - MemoryCoin 2.0  (Read 71589 times)

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Looks like we killed http://btsblock.com/chain/ProtoShares. Is there another way to check what block we are on?

There is also http://coinplorer.com/PTS available.

And the IRC bot on freenode:

Code: [Select]
23:06:06       @donschoe | .pts
23:06:06      +sternburg | Protoshares Network Block: 31952, Difficulty: 0.00647256, Reward: 23.16456, Minted: 1121663.

48 to go...

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Can anyone explain succinctly what memory coin does and why we want to use it?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lest

• View Profile

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
Looks like we killed http://btsblock.com/chain/ProtoShares. Is there another way to check what block we are on?

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
can we assume that mining for memory coin starts at the 32000 block as well? or will mining/wallet/client be released afterwards?
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Ok, so if i move all my PTS in another wallet after the 32k block i can use with completely peace of mind my old private key and memorycoin

Yes.

But i haven't understood yet very well the features of this alt, and also when the client will released

Not before it is ready! But I'm hoping within a few days.

Ok, so the client will not ready when the 32k block will come  :(
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Keyhotee will have a universal wallet which we can put our private key into. That in my opinion is the smarter way to do it and then let each altcoin be an extension or plugin for Keyhotee. I think I will wait until it is done in that way.

That's a fine plan - you'd only need to use the MC wallet if you want to use the coins. You can let them rest on the blockchain until you're comfortable with the software that is available to use them.

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The process that is used when creating a private and public key pair (used to store and transmit coins) is agnostic to a specific coin, i.e. all coins use the same process (called ECDSA) to sign transactions (afaik).

By taking the public key off a Protoshares address, and mapping it to a public key on a Memorycoin address, you essentially have one private key that controls two addresses. One is PTS, the second is MC2.0.
If I understand the process correctly, you would only need to import your private key from PTS into the MC2.0 client, and the balance should already be there. This whole process can be done off line and does not require you to disclose your private key.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Spot on.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Ok, so if i move all my PTS in another wallet after the 32k block i can use with completely peace of mind my old private key and memorycoin

Yes.

But i haven't understood yet very well the features of this alt, and also when the client will released

Not before it is ready! But I'm hoping within a few days.

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana

Offline HambreDave

• View Profile
Is there a place to download the MemoryCoin 2.0 wallet? If we only have about a day to do this, we're going to have to be pretty quick to get this done. Or am I completely missing something?

Thanks!

Offline Tasaio

• View Profile
You can see the current block at http://btsblock.com/chain/ProtoShares

At the time writing this, we are at block 31472. I think it is about a day until block 32000.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
How do we check what block # we are on?

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
And alas, the quest for who would rule DAC storage began! Should be interesting to see where this heads along with similar other projects, really interesting days :D
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Free trade pls give us more details about the concern to honor protoshare holders .. i mean its quite fine

And when Block 32000 is reached!?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:06:21 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█