Author Topic: Block download starts from zero after crash/restart  (Read 3886 times)

38PTSWarrior

I am synced.
Did not open any other programs for 1,5 days

Offline vikram

The log files you sent looked pretty normal. I think this might just be a problem of low memory + the client might have a memory leak. We've have reports in the past of crashing and other problems due to too low memory. We'll do some checking to see if we can find a leak, but otherwise, you might have better luck waiting for the next release (should be out very soon).

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
default and logs have together 1.4 GB file size :D
Only the most recent logs (or around the time when errors occurred) are needed.
Compress them.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

38PTSWarrior

default and logs have together 1.4 GB file size :D

38PTSWarrior

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Do you know which log files abit? Blockchain, default, p2p, rpc?
How about all?

38PTSWarrior

Do you know which log files abit? Blockchain, default, p2p, rpc?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Sorry I have no idea.. maybe it will help if you send your log files to the devs?

38PTSWarrior

This time I tried to run the client only for half an hour. I hit "Quit" and it closed without errors. When I started it again, it showed "error, please start the program again". Then I deleted the config.json because otherwise it would show the same error again.

After deleting the config.json it started normally but the blocks where downloading from zero again. Should I give up?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:18:53 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
The user firstly want to open the client ,and then watch his/her account credit. So i think it may be better firstly allow open the client, then load the newest blocks and the higher blocks. The history blockchain may load after those. I do not know the client can be realized like this. If there is some mistakes, please correct me.

38PTSWarrior

That*s exactly my plan, thanks abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
The problem is that the program creates so much RAM usage that after several hours of downloading blocks, it will get a ram access error (forgot the english term). I have 2 GB now.  Of course I always use "Quit".

Edit: Now it shows 1,3 GB ram usage in the taskmanager. In a while it will show 1,6666666 TB!
Then crash.

E2: This problem has been there since such a long time, I cannot check my balance since months!

2GB is a bit tight..
When you find it's eating much RAM, you could try Quit and re-launch the wallet.
Wish it helps.

38PTSWarrior

The problem is that the program creates so much RAM usage that after several hours of downloading blocks, it will get a ram access error (forgot the english term). I have 2 GB now.  Of course I always use "Quit".

Edit: Now it shows 1,3 GB ram usage in the taskmanager. In a while it will show 1,6666666 TB!
Then crash.

E2: This problem has been there since such a long time, I cannot check my balance since months!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:45:45 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Then it stopped again and I went to bed shutting down the computer. Now I had a nice sleep and wake up in the hope for the best. Then "critical error, please start again".
It's best to quit the wallet (by clicking menu File->Quit) before shut down the computer.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
If the client crashes or is otherwise forcefully terminated it is likely that the chain database was in an inconsistent state. In that case the client starts with an empty database again.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de