Author Topic: [pre-ann] New BitUSD store, looking for feedback  (Read 7041 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Great work... next step decentralized marketplace with KYC compliance :)
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline roadscape

AMAZING!!! You have knocked it out of the park with your user experience.   If only all of our shopping cart plugins worked this seamlessly!. 

I plan on pumping your store on my blog after the next client release that fixes the URL handling on mac. 

+1 +1 +1

They don't?

You have to remember the size of the userbase using those shopping carts and the fact that it was not designed for crypto currency so designing a system that is a custom front-end specifically for cryptocurrency is certainly an easier task although not as effective for the network affect.

Instead of write on here, why don't you offer insight on what can be better with the plugins in the right thread? I spent alot of time to make sure that all of the carts offer the same experience by refactoring into a bitsharescheckout library... so changing it should change the experience on all carts.

Cryptofresh is a highly specialized marketing tool by design.

We aim to highlight BitShares' killer features and delight customers, and your efforts greatly lower the barrier to entry for merchants.

Together, we will make BitShares ecommerce desirable and attainable! :)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Don't accept BTS... we want to eat our own dog food and set an example plus reinforce the idea that BTS is not a currency.

Got it!

AMAZING!!! You have knocked it out of the park with your user experience.   If only all of our shopping cart plugins worked this seamlessly!. 

I plan on pumping your store on my blog after the next client release that fixes the URL handling on mac. 

+1 +1 +1

Thank you Dan!! :)

Why the 15 minute payment window?

- When we sell physical goods, open orders lock one inventory item
 - Encourages action and prevents MEMO conflicts

I've considered making it shorter but I don't know how users feel about the current 15 min limit.

What happens if I made a partial payment or an over payment?

The system flags the payment as invalid, which the store manager can see in the auditing tool.
I am considering automating the return of invalid payments (less tx or 1% fee).

Is the MEMO long enough to be unique? 

For now, yes, especially with the 15-minute expirations.

I create a memo out of a hash of the details of the order with a salt... so that the memo's are unique like a txid. There is no time limit..

What happens if someone sends a partial amount or not the full amount and the time limit elapses? Would they be able to pay with the new memo and have the partial amount apply to the order with the new memo?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:20:27 am by jsidhu »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

+1 +1 +1

They don't?

You have to remember the size of the userbase using those shopping carts and the fact that it was not designed for crypto currency so designing a system that is a custom front-end specifically for cryptocurrency is certainly an easier task although not as effective for the network affect.

Instead of write on here, why don't you offer insight on what can be better with the plugins in the right thread? I spent alot of time to make sure that all of the carts offer the same experience by refactoring into a bitsharescheckout library... so changing it should change the experience on all carts.

Offline roadscape

Is your wordpress plugin going to be open sourced?

No plugins here, this is a standalone Rails app.
I think ideally it would be refactored into two open-source packages: a Rails gem + demo store.
Once we get established, I will gladly release it to the community!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

this would be indeed awesome ...! If so the first bitUSD onlineshop in amsterdam would go online soon :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline roadscape

Don't accept BTS... we want to eat our own dog food and set an example plus reinforce the idea that BTS is not a currency.

Got it!

+1 +1 +1

Thank you Dan!! :)

- When we sell physical goods, open orders lock one inventory item
 - Encourages action and prevents MEMO conflicts

I've considered making it shorter but I don't know how users feel about the current 15 min limit.

The system flags the payment as invalid, which the store manager can see in the auditing tool.
I am considering automating the return of invalid payments (less tx or 1% fee).

For now, yes, especially with the 15-minute expirations.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I welcome everyone to check out and test some new features on cryptofresh!

You can also see that we've added clayop's Korean translation and a sweet new desktop wallpaper.

You can now pay using BitUSD, BitCNY, BitGOLD, BitSILVER, and BitEUR.

I'm on the fence about accepting BTS because we are trying to encourage use of our flagship BitAsset products.
What do you all think? Are there any other assets you'd like to use as payment?

The shirts, referral program, and official announcement are coming soon. Stay tuned :)

Great!  I really like the badges at the top.  As BM says don't accept BTS.

sumantso

+1 +1 +1

Vote and get them up from 2.77%

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

+1 +1 +1

Offline bytemaster

You can also see that we've added clayop's Korean translation and a sweet new desktop wallpaper.

I'm on the fence about accepting BTS because we are trying to encourage use of our flagship BitAsset products.

The shirts, referral program, and official announcement are coming soon. Stay tuned :)

Offline roadscape

Offline roadscape

Glad to hear the store is working smoothly for everyone!

Can I sell Korean version of Bitshares 101 and get my payment?

That would be awesome. Sending you a PM..